Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for switched power

kevin588127

Reaction score
I am going to install a front mounted camera in the grill of my 2022 BH. I have the harness to add it to the cargo view of my uconnect. I need to find a source of switched power. I have aux switches that I could use but it seems like a waste as I would always want it on when the truck is on. Wondering if there is an easy way to grab 12v switched from under the hood somewhere. My next option is to bring it to the 12v socket in the upper trim above the radio. I just hate tapping into something like that, looking for a bit cleaner solution.

tyler2you

Reaction score
If you have the Aux switches, you should have received a harness to connect to the Upfitter 1 connector under the dash near the E-brake linkage. There are wires on that harness to tap for battery and ignition so you don't have to tap into any existing circuits. You don't necessarily have to use the Aux switching capability.

kevin588127

Reaction score
If you have the Aux switches, you should have received a harness to connect to the Upfitter 1 connector under the dash near the E-brake linkage. There are wires on that harness to tap for battery and ignition so you don't have to tap into any existing circuits. You don't necessarily have to use the Aux switching capability.
Good to know, I haven't really looked into the wiring of the aux switches as I couldn't really think of anything I'd need them for.

John Jensen

Reaction score
You can change any aux switch via the EVIC to operate as 12v continuous or ignition on/off

Users who are viewing this thread