Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First day with my '22 2500

kevin588127

Reaction score
Today was the day I finally got to pick up my Jan ordered truck. Like many, I ordered from Mark Dodge and got a nice discount and a "No BS" deal. This was by far the easiest automotive buying experience I've ever had (except for the wait). This was also my first new truck and first ordered truck. I flew into Houston, they had a driver pick me up, 30 minutes at the dealer and I was on my way. IMG_20220815_132904405_HDR.jpg

As for the truck, I'm very happy. Having to wait, the warm and fuzzy new truck feeling had kind of gone away before I even got the thing. My current truck is a 14 tradesman with lots of goodies added. Bilstein shocks, tuff truck variable springs, airlift bags, E range tires all made for a better towing experience but at the cost of unloaded ride quality. All that to find that I just needed a bigger truck. The 2500 actually rides better (after letting 30 psi out of the tires) than my modified 1500 does. It is crazy how much bigger this truck feels. A little slower than the 1500 but no slouch for sure. I'm also blown away by the better tech and interior of the BH over my older tradesman.

A few thoughts from 1 day of ownership:

Absolutely love the digital tow mirror.
Really glad that I got the Ramboxes. Fit and finish on mine are great and they are going to be so handy. I was on the fence about them before ordering.
Really glad I got the 4.10 gears. Highway mileage is real similar to what I was getting with the half ton with 3.92s.
I'm still pissed that I couldn't get power fold mirrors
The base 8" uconnect is nice but I hope it gets some software updates. It is glitchy as hell.
Factory paint is not the best. Mine has some considerable orange peel. My 14 had the same but it was white, so less noticeable.
All in all, I think I got my order pretty much perfect for my needs. Can't wait to get some towing time with it.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Got to spend another 500 miles in the truck today. I want to elaborate a bit on the digital rear view mirror. My main intent when I ordered this option was to use it only for the tow mode camera. I didn't so much care about it's use as a rearview and figured it would spend most of its time flipped to the standard mirror position. Come to find out I really like the digital rear view function. It gives a great unobstructed rear view while traveling down the road. I think it is going to work great when towing my kids dirt bikes on my small utility trailer. Due to the placement of the camera, I may actually be able to see things on the trailer while going down the road. The system does have some quirks. It has a wider field of view. This becomes an issue when passing another vehicle. The vehicle being passed becomes visible on the digital mirror before you are clear of that vehicle. Not a big deal once you are aware of it. It also doesn't see the edge of the tailgate. This makes it hard to judge distance to the rear of the truck.

Aneura

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, ironically I found the truck I like at Mark Dodge as well...I'm in Florida. Would you mind sharing (PM is fine) the % discount you got from them?

Beautiful truck, in fact I'm looking at the very same color!

Best,
-Eric

kevin588127

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, ironically I found the truck I like at Mark Dodge as well...I'm in Florida. Would you mind sharing (PM is fine) the % discount you got from them?

Beautiful truck, in fact I'm looking at the very same color!

Best,
-Eric
Their major discount is only for ordered trucks. Not sure what the are doing on trucks that are on the lot. Most dealers around me are adding 5k to MSRP on trucks they have on hand. I'd say anything under MSRP would be a win.

Users who are viewing this thread