Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram box availability

kevin588127

Reaction score
So, kind of bored while waiting on my truck. Been keeping an eye on the tracking sheet. I've seen a few Big horns ordered around the same time as mine get D1 status, some have est ship dates and a couple have window stickers. As far as I know I'm still D status. I'm about mid level as far as options go. Only "odd" options I can think of is the ram box and digital rearview mirror. When I went to place my order, one dealer told me that they couldn't order the truck with the ram box. I ended up ordering through Mark Dodge and they were able to order it. Just has me wondering if the ram box might be something that slows my order down. I'm wondering if any of these trucks that have been waiting for months with no D1 status have the ram box or if anyone that has taken delivery lately has had the ram box. I thought I read somewhere that wheel well liners were hard to come by and that is a mandatory item with the ram box addition.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I know I have seen many built with ram boxes recently. Not sure I could point directly at that as a cause.

kevin588127

Reaction score
After 19 weeks and 4 days, my truck with Ram Boxes got built yesterday.
Good to hear. I was told 20-25 weeks and I'm only about 7 weeks in. Think the toughest part is watching trucks ordered after mine already being built, lol.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I know I have seen many built with ram boxes recently. Not sure I could point directly at that as a cause.
I only recall seeing one recently and I believe it was an upper trim level. I'm only going by member posted pics as I haven't looked at many of the ones that just posted vins.

jebruns

Reaction score
I asked a dealer the other day why all of their Limited had the "rambox delete" done on them. He said they'd ordered them with the boxes, but the factory deleted them. Apparently they are a little hard to get.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I asked a dealer the other day why all of their Limited had the "rambox delete" done on them. He said they'd ordered them with the boxes, but the factory deleted them. Apparently they are a little hard to get.
Wow, that sucks. Mine better not come deleted, lol. That is one of the biggest reasons that I decided to order vs buying off the lot. Also adding the rambox made me go with the level c equipment group.

jebruns

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Mine better not come deleted, lol. That is one of the biggest reasons that I decided to order vs buying off the lot. Also adding the rambox made me go with the level c equipment group.
I'd hope not too. I'd assume they do it to the dealer stock trucks so they have parts for the customer ordered ones. If mine came in w/o something I'd ordered, I'd be demanding a full deposit refund.

kevin588127

Reaction score
So I was digging through the vin tracking sheet. Since the first of the year, the only limited models that have been built had the Ram Box Deleted. I just hit 8 weeks and still no D1 status. Starting to believe that the Ram Box is going to be the delay on my build. Several Big Horn Gassers that were ordered after mine have gone D1. Bummer.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
So I was digging through the vin tracking sheet. Since the first of the year, the only limited models that have been built had the Ram Box Deleted. I just hit 8 weeks and still no D1 status. Starting to believe that the Ram Box is going to be the delay on my build. Several Big Horn Gassers that were ordered after mine have gone D1. Bummer.
My mc ho laramie was built 3/13 with ram boxes.

Jsboening

Reaction score
I ordered 12/28/21. Limited meagacab rambox 6.4. Still in D status I believe. Was told May delivery, but I don’t think they have any idea and just wanted the order.

Last edited:

Andersen24

Reaction score
Well if mine shows up with the RamBox deleted from the factory, I'll just order it again and wait that much longer I guess. The RamBox is a must for me or I don't want the truck!

Users who are viewing this thread