Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My latest theory is that since they scrape the bottom of the parts barrel to build our non DRW's, we all got leftover 2019 console parts and Rich got a brand spanking new design on that big ol DRW.

The only other explanation is that Rich's dealer, so pissed off at how he beat them up for 6 months, drove to the plant and made sure he got stiffed on a cubby.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Stay in the fight Rich !!! I think you should work them over for a set of free chrome tow hooks as compensation for all the mental anguish you’ve suffered with this CD player/cubby business ... ;)

Tom716

Reaction score
Jeeze Rich, is your health worth all that angst over something you're not likely going to have any recourse over? There comes a point where you need to consider how ridiculous your position on something so trivial might be.

Expecting the build sheet to call out something that was NOT THERE? ROFL.
Yikes ........... That was "Brutal".

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So the ? Is, its it worth my mental instability, nope, but it annoys the Crap out of me, wish I never noticed it. I'm all for what makes sense and what's right. Equality for whatever that's worth. Like i said it pi$$=$$ me off but not enough to go out and spend $400 over it, so I just bieach at you all over it, thanks for the shoulder, whether it be a cold one or not. As far as the chrome or painted hooks goes, the wife has wore me down and I'm leaving the black on there, FOR NOW!!!
I know what your gonna say, poor woman, your right ;)

geektoad

Reaction score
Stay in the fight Rich !!! I think you should work them over for a set of free chrome tow hooks as compensation for all the mental anguish you’ve suffered with this CD player/cubby business ... ;)

And what do the rest of us get for our suffering? :D

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh the mental anguish, I can't take the painnnnnn.
Anybody out there with the L1 pkg to give us some feedback on the Laramie model.
1: 4 media ports in center
2: 4 media ports on right, cubby on left
3: 4 media ports on right, cd on left

John Jensen

Reaction score
hey John, did you do the L1 or L2 pkg on your Laramie, pertaining to the cubby above phone charger
Rich,
Sorry for the delayed reply.
I got the L2 pkg and my truck looks just like Tom's and fasthemi's

RPS1030

Reaction score
Ohhhhh the mental anguish, I can't take the painnnnnn.
Anybody out there with the L1 pkg to give us some feedback on the Laramie model.
1: 4 media ports in center
2: 4 media ports on right, cubby on left
3: 4 media ports on right, cd on left

2019 2500 Laramie L1 8.4 non-Nav plus Aux Switches
CD on left, Media Ports on right.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just bought all new tool chests for my truck box, picked out the cheapo craftsman chests because there guaranteed and I brake allot of $#/+. Took the wife with me because she is good at puzzeling and she found the perfect combo.
4 small individual boxes.
2 open bins for big stuff like recieved hitches and compressor
2 drawer bins that clip on top of big open bins
There not high end but they
20200612_140418.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Fancy.

I use (home depot) milk crates and a soft side tool bag. I keep the big stuff in the truck with chains, yank straps, safety and recovery gear and a few essential tools for small stuff. Most small hand tools are in a chest in the RV.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey you all, just wanted to drop some quick pics on here from my recent aux cam pkg purchase with all model #s. Got it yesterday, just been to busy to Mess with it. I know some of these pics have already been posted on other chats but the model #s were not all clear, so I'm reposting. I can't currently provide much feedback on instal or full length quality as I've not had time to work on it yet. All I've done besides take pics for everyone is plug it in with the wire that has flat and round connector transition and the picture quality was good but again that was only with one section of cable. The last 2 pictures are of the same section wich is the most important piece of the puzzle, with that section, anything is possible
0_20200612_115349.jpg0_20200612_120053.jpg0_20200612_120018.jpg20200612_120336.jpg20200612_120125.jpg20200612_120211.jpg20200612_120224.jpg20200612_120235.jpg20200612_120257.jpg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So just an update. I couldn't do it, I returned the cam kit. I plugged in all 4 wires to the cam and the truck and i was not pleased at all with the quality. Then when I layed out the 40 ft of wiring on my RV, it just made me sick to my stomach to think when I eventually do get our luxe that I'm going to have to run that big thick cabling down the back or front or side of my RV. Then to boot the only 10 seconds of display just really made my decision to return. I need that thing on all the time, not just when I making lane changes and I definitely don't want to be fumbling through the touch screen every few minutes to check behind me or when im making a maneuver to have to be pushing buttons. Makes me wish I hadn't spent the money on the upgrade during my build. Definitely a bad design and not currently worth the 600 for camera and $400 for the uconnect aux cam upgrade. Maybe someday they will come out with a better design for us travelers. For now, sad to say, I'll stick with my wireless furrion for a fraction of the cost.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it didn’t work out Rich. Have you looked at some of the other wireless/Bluetooth cameras out there now other than Furrion? I run a 4UCAM that serves me pretty well and the Haloview seems popular with good reviews.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it didn’t work out Rich. Have you looked at some of the other wireless/Bluetooth cameras out there now other than Furrion? I run a 4UCAM that serves me pretty well and the Haloview seems popular with good reviews.
I'm sure yours and plenty others are better than mine and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Mines all right for the time being. I'll just wait in hopes that ram will hopefully realize what they have done and correct it in the next year or two with technology advances. I honestly can't rap there thinking around I my head when they thought it was more safe to keep looking at your screen and doing a series of button pushes over and over again vs some guys starting to long at there camera while driving. How can anybody debate wich way is going to cause more accidents . When your hauling heavy equipment you absolutely have to know what behind you at all times. That's a proven fact that when your able to leave your camera on at all times that there are fewer accidents than fumbling to turn it on and off on your touch screen. I definitely disappointed about it but what yah gonna do. I'm sure they have there legal reasons. Hey here's an idea, JUST Like that little message that pops up every time you start your truck about how you won't operate it while driving. Also put a clause in there to protect them from being sued from dip $#/+$ that stare to long at the camera.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure yours and plenty others are better than mine and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Mines all right for the time being. I'll just wait in hopes that ram will hopefully realize what they have done and correct it in the next year or two with technology advances. I honestly can't rap there thinking around I my head when they thought it was more safe to keep looking at your screen and doing a series of button pushes over and over again vs some guys starting to long at there camera while driving. How can anybody debate wich way is going to cause more accidents . When your hauling heavy equipment you absolutely have to know what behind you at all times. That's a proven fact that when your able to leave your camera on at all times that there are fewer accidents than fumbling to turn it on and off on your touch screen. I definitely disappointed about it but what yah gonna do. I'm sure they have there legal reasons. Hey here's an idea, JUST Like that little message that pops up every time you start your truck about how you won't operate it while driving. Also put a clause in there to protect them from being sued from dip $#/+$ that stare to long at the camera.

Apparently rear view mirrors are still OK to have, but not rear view cameras.

I'm getting annoyed that I keep having to re-select the LAST CAMERA I was looking at when going from R to D to R again when I haven't gone over 1MPH.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Apparently rear view mirrors are still OK to have, but not rear view cameras.

I'm getting annoyed that I keep having to re-select the LAST CAMERA I was looking at when going from R to D to R again when I haven't gone over 1MPH.
Im with yah brother, it's a jacked up design. I hope they fix there screw job on the 2021s and we can get ours updated, but Im realistic. I told the guy at the dealership, that's pretty sad that my old furrion Is a quarter of the cost and is better quality and design . At this point I'm not even intersested in putting together my own high quality cam to wire into u connect, what's the point, you still only get 10 seconds after you have taken yours eyes off the rd at least 2-3 times every time you want to use the aux cam. Honestly the only thing I liked about the whole $600 kit was the plug in end. It's got this cool plastic piece attached to it so when you plug it in to the port, the little flapper cover you have to open to plug it in, locks onto plug. It may have been out for a while now, I've just never seen one. I normally put a tiny bungee over the plug in so it gives me a little piece of mind that the plug in isn't going to come out and i not have any brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread