Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it didn’t work out Rich. Have you looked at some of the other wireless/Bluetooth cameras out there now other than Furrion? I run a 4UCAM that serves me pretty well and the Haloview seems popular with good reviews.
I have the Haloview, works great for me all the way back to my 41' fiver. No complaints at all. The screen somewhat sits on the dash just below the rear view mirror and provides that look back to the back when needed. Between that and my TST TPMS, my dash gets pretty loaded up when towing the fiver, but, everything works. I was dissapointed that the 2019s didn't have these features, but, the after market has been doing it a long time and have some pretty good systems.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have the Haloview, works great for me all the way back to my 41' fiver. No complaints at all. The screen somewhat sits on the dash just below the rear view mirror and provides that look back to the back when needed. Between that and my TST TPMS, my dash gets pretty loaded up when towing the fiver, but, everything works. I was dissapointed that the 2019s didn't have these features, but, the after market has been doing it a long time and have some pretty good systems.
I agree with you 100%. I have all my little devices that I had suction cupped all over the place in my 16 model trade and the reason that I waited for the 20 model was to get rid of all that mess and keep everything clean and built in. I've got my furrion plugged in to the cig lighter hole on top of dash in the little indent below reassert view. Not at all what I was wanting to do for a 2020 model truck. It's sad that you pay $500 during the build just to add the technology for the aux camera to be added then you have to spend another $600+ for a junk camera with 40' of wiring. That's ridiculous, I've already list the 500 for code xfq but im not giving up anymore money until they do better and make it worth it.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Same setup here, 4UCAM monitor on windshield suction cup above plug in, TST monitor in cradle on center console. They all work pretty well but it does get a little cluttered.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So I thought I'd bring up a topic to my fellow 19 & 20 gear heads. What's up with the pre heat wait to start. I don't understand why at 60 degrees in the morning does that thing give you the countdown. That doesn't make any sense to me. Any dodge that I've ever owned, the glow plug pre heat light didn't come on practically until there was snow on the ground. Then to add, what's the trick, because even though i keep my foot pressed on the brake after hitting the start button and then you have to wait for pre heat count down to end will the truck actually turn over and start, sometimes i have to hit the start button again, what gives.
Btw , happy fathers day my brothers.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
66F is the cutoff.
doesn't that sound weird to you. I know allot has changed since my 96 model ram Cummins duelly, but why such a warm temperatures and what's the trick to make the starter turn over engine every time, even though my foot has kept the brake pressed

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
doesn't that sound weird to you. I know allot has changed since my 96 model ram Cummins duelly, but why such a warm temperatures and what's the trick to make the starter turn over engine every time, even though my foot has kept the brake pressed

Three ugly letters... EPA

Don't know on the non crank issue.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Three ugly letters... EPA

Don't know on the non crank issue.
The old nasty 3 letter word. Yeah I don't get it. I always do the same routine. Get in , hit brake then hit button and don't let off brake until it starts , and when pre heat light count down comes on and ends some times it will start and sometimes I got to hit the button again, hmph.

Wileykid

Reaction score
The old nasty 3 letter word. Yeah I don't get it. I always do the same routine. Get in , hit brake then hit button and don't let off brake until it starts , and when pre heat light count down comes on and ends some times it will start and sometimes I got to hit the button again, hmph.

If the drivers door is open, you have to hit the button again. Door closed, just the initial push.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
If the drivers door is open, you have to hit the button again. Door closed, just the initial push.
That's weird, but good to know, thanks. How long did it take you to figure that one out

Wileykid

Reaction score
That's weird, but good to know, thanks. How long did it take you to figure that one out
Took about 3 months. It was frustrating, and I have yet to figure out the logic of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well, I got all my wheel sensors installed and wheels put back on. The only thing I'm not totally thrilled about is how long those valve stems are, they stick way out there. Tomorrow morning when its cool ill do the programming. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the commercial settings code 0000.
Also my wt duelly flaps should be here tomorrow.
Honestly folks, I think I'm getting close to calling it good with pimpin out my rig. I decided to just leave the tow hooks black, its grown on me them just blending in, was gonna have them painted but i was to scared they wouldn't match then I'd really be pi$$=d. Someday when they come out with a billet silver hood guard, ill get that and when they get a better aux camera set up, ill do that, but im sure those couple things are aways out . Gotta say, definitely disappointed with rams aux camera technology and programming.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Well, I got all my wheel sensors installed and wheels put back on. The only thing I'm not totally thrilled about is how long those valve stems are, they stick way out there. Tomorrow morning when its cool ill do the programming. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the commercial settings code 0000.
Also my wt duelly flaps should be here tomorrow.
Honestly folks, I think I'm getting close to calling it good with pimpin out my rig. I decided to just leave the tow hooks black, its grown on me them just blending in, was gonna have them painted but i was to scared they wouldn't match then I'd really be pi$$=d. Someday when they come out with a billet silver hood guard, ill get that and when they get a better aux camera set up, ill do that, but im sure those couple things are aways out . Gotta say, definitely disappointed with rams aux camera technology and programming.

Yep, 0000 unless some one has changed it,

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yep, 0000 unless some one has changed it,
Good too know. I can never remember if it's 0000 or 1234. Hopefully I don't have to let allot of air out for them to register, my little portable compressor takes forever to get to 80 psi

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Good too know. I can never remember if it's 0000 or 1234. Hopefully I don't have to let allot of air out for them to register, my little portable compressor takes forever to get to 80 psi

Pump them up 10 psi first?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Pump them up 10 psi first?
Good idea. As long as they dont fall below 50 psi, Im not to worried. I don't remember if it was you or hemi that said they went way down to nothing.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea. As long as they dont fall below 50 psi, Im not to worried. I don't remember if it was you or hemi that said they went way down to nothing.

1fasthemi. I couldn't get my TireMinder sensors to pair. After spending all that time, energy and money on it, I'm just going to add some USB power behind the rear seat to semi-perma-mount my TireMinder BT receiver.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
1fasthemi. I couldn't get my TireMinder sensors to pair. After spending all that time, energy and money on it, I'm just going to add some USB power behind the rear seat to semi-perma-mount my TireMinder BT receiver.
Good idea. Ill program mine tomorrow morning when its not 100 degrees out. Then post what I learned and what went wrong,,lol. I've already through my tire minder and sensors under the back seat, unfortunately I had to pull the furrion camera back out. 1 step forward and 1 back.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Rich... say it ain’t so... I thought for sure you were going to pull the trigger

I decided to just leave the tow hooks black, its grown on me them just blending in, was gonna have them painted but i was to scared they wouldn't match then I'd really be pi$$=d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread