Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well hot off the presses, after over a month , I finally got my tool box. After a bunch of red tape and a delay at every corner and a potential steal of a deal of wich I'm not going to divulge as to not draw attention to myself. I originally had planned to send this box in and have it rhino lined, and I called yesterday at line x of salt lake and I thought they have a good price of 150, well upon seeing it in my bed, i can't line x it, its just to pretty as is. So I got the Lund 79456.
L 57
W 20.5
H 18
So if you remember i had to go with the 57" over the 61" because it needed to fit between prop rods on bakflip, an 18" instead of the 19.25 because of bakflip clearance. I couldn't be happier, its a perfect fit between the prop rods and above clearance, and ill pull it out 8" from head board so i can open tool box lid fully and not hit mx4 cover . I still plan on building a 2x4 frame on the floor of bed to hold tool box in an exact location w/o drilling it to floor, i just cant do it. Then i plan on covering my 2x4 frame in roll on liner from Lowes so it doesn't stick out and blends with rest of bedliner and hopefully you won't even hardly notice it's there. Also, plenty of room from bak flip and toolbox back to mopar fiver puck hitch. Man that long bed holds allot.
79456_off_vehicle_hr_6.jpg20200608_160043.jpg20200608_160103.jpg20200608_160025.jpg20200608_160140.jpg20200608_160206.jpg20200608_160248.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats what I do, hold em accountable. I told her that I wasnt happy about it, but not enough people have spoke up. Im definitely not gonna spend the 400 for a little plastic cubby, but I do wish I had it to break up the huge chalk board area down there. Oh well, can't win them all. It might date the truck in 10 years but i do wish it would of had the cd player for this old school guy. She said, well since you waited for the 50 gal tank that you lost out on the cd player, she laughed at that one. Maybe in a year I can get that phone charger cubby plastic mold somewhere for a 100 bucks. She even called my salesman in AR and inquired about my build sheet and she said your sm actually stood up for you and said that he had to agree with me that while it wasnt technically on the build sheet that upon the design process that it was listed as one of the details on the L1 pkg, and that there website has fallen behind in keeping up with the changes, ie: ttpms and aux camera build code and not being able to select the tube steps with different designs. Oh well, I'm packing my "BRING BACK OUR CDS" picket sign and heading up to Detroit fca and voice my opinion, because it matters. ;)

I thought the cubby was dependent upon trim level. It's possible FCA redesigned the panel and dropped it after I got mine. :p Anyone have a late 2020 (after Feb) build Limited or Longhorn that still has the cubby?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I thought the cubby was dependent upon trim level. It's possible FCA redesigned the panel and dropped it after I got mine. :p Anyone have a late 2020 (after Feb) build Limited or Longhorn that still has the cubby?
These things are like fast food franchises, always changing up there specialty items. Went to sonic yesterday to get my chocolate waffle cone Reeses blast and they said we dont sell that particular concoction any more, wtf, that was my jam. Don't keep changing little things every month or two. Let people know what there getting so there's no suprise when it gets there. I love my truck though. Should be getting my aux trailer cam pkg this weak. My extra add on are coming to a close soon, bought got the list complete.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
These things are like fast food franchises, always changing up there specialty items. Went to sonic yesterday to get my chocolate waffle cone Reeses blast and they said we dont sell that particular concoction any more, wtf, that was my jam. Don't keep changing little things every month or two. Let people know what there getting so there's no suprise when it gets there. I love my truck though. Should be getting my aux trailer cam pkg this weak. My extra add on are coming to a close soon, bought got the list complete.

Please don't forget to post all the wiring harness part numbers for the camera package.

In fact, please PM me before posting so I can check parts before all the lurkers gobble them up like the TTPMS fiasco.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Please don't forget to post all the wiring harness part numbers for the camera package.

In fact, please PM me before posting so I can check parts before all the lurkers gobble them up like the TTPMS fiasco.
Haha, well do man, I'm hoping mid to late weak it will be here. U know I'm charging for each part # though right.

John Jensen

Reaction score
My 2020 3500 Laramie was built in late March. Not sure what a "cubby" is but I have the wireless charger and just above it there is a small open compartment about the size of a CD player. Is that the "cubby"?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2020 3500 Laramie was built in late March. Not sure what a "cubby" is but I have the wireless charger and just above it there is a small open compartment about the size of a CD player. Is that the "cubby"?

It would appear said cubby exists in your dimension.

1FastHemi

Reaction score

I have a 2020 Laramie Longhorn and I have a cubby with NO CD player. Check my build dates below.

Attachments

• 20200210_151226.jpg
    20200210_151226.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 22

Tom716

Reaction score
My manufacture date on the door jam is December 2019. I also have the cubby on my limited. 20200609_085230.jpg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
hey John, did you do the L1 or L2 pkg on your Laramie, pertaining to the cubby above phone charger

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The lady from fca tried to tell me the cd or cubby was just on the late 19s but I know that's not right because there all over the internet and forum

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
My 2020 2500 Limited, built January 2020, has the cubby under the 12" display.
We'll at least you got something. I can't look below my aux switches, it just pi$$=$$ me off. Did anybody out there get the cubby/CD shaft like I did, or is mine a limited edition model. Hey, maybe in 50 years I can get more for mine at Barrett Jackson's auction block.

litzdog911

Reaction score
We'll at least you got something. I can't look below my aux switches, it just pi$$=$$ me off. Did anybody out there get the cubby/CD shaft like I did, or is mine a limited edition model. Hey, maybe in 50 years I can get more for mine at Barrett Jackson's auction block.

I wonder if it's 'cause you got the Aux Switches?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
nope, Tom from post 409 has a picture with aux switch's. I got fubar'd

carlrx7

Reaction score
i have the pocket instead of the cd player as well

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I wish that there was somebody higher than the fca almighty, MARK AT RAM CARE, you are more than welcome to get involved but I think this is probably already over your head to. I've contacted the dealer and fca and since the build sheet didn't say cubby or cd they got us at there mercy even though they left it on the build site as a detail of the L1 pkg of wich we pd for and the price of that pkg went up $100 when they cought up the site and that L1 pkg had less, that don't sound right to me, i just want what was in the details on the site. But hey, your right we didn't catch up the site in time but we can't help yah. :mad: :mad:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Rich, what was your truck build date?

My point was that I suspect FCA did the following:

1. Dropped the CDP and replace the hole with a pocket.
2. Redesigned for the lack of CDP by eliminating the pocket/cubby.

My query regarding this was to possibly determine where they made that change.

Remember that auto makers and everyone else almost always uses up plant allocated parts in assembly that are leftovers after redesigns. My 04.5 got the HO stock after they dropped the SO, but the APPS on the engine was a leftover part. Reported to be more reliable than the new APPS off-engine, but my Banks e-brake kit cost more because of it.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich, what was your truck build date?

My point was that I suspect FCA did the following:

1. Dropped the CDP and replace the hole with a pocket.
2. Redesigned for the lack of CDP by eliminating the pocket/cubby.

My query regarding this was to possibly determine where they made that change.

Remember that auto makers and everyone else almost always uses up plant allocated parts in assembly that are leftovers after redesigns. My 04.5 got the HO stock after they dropped the SO, but the APPS on the engine was a leftover part. Reported to be more reliable than the new APPS off-engine, but my Banks e-brake kit cost more because of it.
Ordered on feb 14th
Start build Feb 28th
Build sheet March 3rd
In storage. March 6th
Vin. March 24th
On train on March 28th
Ownership April 21st

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish that there was somebody higher than the fca almighty, MARK AT RAM CARE, you are more than welcome to get involved but I think this is probably already over your head to. I've contacted the dealer and fca and since the build sheet didn't say cubby or cd they got us at there mercy even though they left it on the build site as a detail of the L1 pkg of wich we pd for and the price of that pkg went up $100 when they cought up the site and that L1 pkg had less, that don't sound right to me, i just want what was in the details on the site. But hey, your right we didn't catch up the site in time but we can't help yah. :mad: :mad:

Jeeze Rich, is your health worth all that angst over something you're not likely going to have any recourse over? There comes a point where you need to consider how ridiculous your position on something so trivial might be.

Expecting the build sheet to call out something that was NOT THERE? ROFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread