Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
DIdn't he say he was picking up his truck today?

@Rich where you at bro? Hopefully safe!

OA

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Can't believe you all started a thread in my honor. Btw you all can go to he'll, bunch of regular ole mr giggles out there. Did yuns enjoy 2 days of quite an no controversy. The tension is over we got her home. Got everything we wanted for the prices we wanted. Yesterday was the dog fight, today was easy breezy. Spent 2hrs going through 14 pg inspection check list, then took her for a test drive. Everything checked out. Thank the Cummins God's there was no damage, everything looks like it lined up good an everything is as I ordered. They avoided me the whole time we were inspecting wich was fine by us. Got all my extras that were supposed to come with it. That lane keep assist freaked me the f*@× out, ill try to get used to it or set it down to low or just turn the dang thing off, but ill give it a go. I DO NOT. Like that sub woofer takes up that whole side of underneath storage. Told the wife we might just lose that if we need the storage, I never was a big bumping & thumping kind of guy. I also don't like that when you fold down the back seat platform that the cup holder is still visible through a cut out for a couple wiener dogs to break a leg, but now that I think about it that might be a good spot for mini feed dishes, lol. Guys I'm super stoked, couldn't be happier. Thanks for everyone putting up with me. Ill post some pics in a bit. Immmm backkkkk, rumble rumble rumble

b307a1

Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride! So, did you threaten to kill somebody or burn the place down to get the deal done?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Can't believe you all started a thread in my honor. Btw you all can go to he'll, bunch of regular ole mr giggles out there. Did yuns enjoy 2 days of quite an no controversy. The tension is over we got her home. Got everything we wanted for the prices we wanted. Yesterday was the dog fight, today was easy breezy. Spent 2hrs going through 14 pg inspection check list, then took her for a test drive. Everything checked out. Thank the Cummins God's there was no damage, everything looks like it lined up good an everything is as I ordered. They avoided me the whole time we were inspecting wich was fine by us. Got all my extras that were supposed to come with it. That lane keep assist freaked me the f*@× out, ill try to get used to it or set it down to low or just turn the dang thing off, but ill give it a go. I DO NOT. Like that sub woofer takes up that whole side of underneath storage. Told the wife we might just lose that if we need the storage, I never was a big bumping & thumping kind of guy. I also don't like that when you fold down the back seat platform that the cup holder is still visible through a cut out for a couple wiener dogs to break a leg, but now that I think about it that might be a good spot for mini feed dishes, lol. Guys I'm super stoked, couldn't be happier. Thanks for everyone putting up with me. Ill post some pics in a bit. Immmm backkkkk, rumble rumble rumble

Congrats! Enjoy it.

OA

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride! So, did you threaten to kill somebody or burn the place down to get the deal done?
That was yesterday, haha. The only part today that they himed an hawed about was when he asked how many miles is on the trade, told him 43k, he said we price quoted it at 40 k miles. I told him that's not my problem, I told you all I was going to put a few k on it during the build time an you said you factored that in, so if you want me to walk back out an go home an us do this another time fine buy me. Sm said no no no. I also said hey, we only got a driver's side door foam cup holder , we need one for her side. Wellllll we can order you one, that second one don't come with the L1 pkg, just L2. I said well if you don't go jerk one out of those other new trucks out there, I will. Now rich, just stay put, ill take care of it. Thanks all for the congrats out there. I know I didn't make this thread but since its in my honor I think I might be able to ssfely say, anytime you want to talk about what ever just go to the where's waldo (rich) page, as we say "free range ". Could not believe how much she drives like a dream. My 16 2500 was a way rougher ride. Those air bags definitely make a difference. I'm sure ill really notice it the most while hauling the house around. It really drives Like a car. Like that 410 take em off gear. Really the only time you notice your back in a drw truck again is when you look out the mirrors an see hippage. My back up cam has worked fine an not stayed on to long. Yet

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Congratulations ! Now you can spend the night in it when the wife kicks you out.... LOL

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Congratulations ! Now you can spend the night in it when the wife kicks you out.... LOL
Wife laughed cuz when we got home I've not spent any time with her, all with my new mistress. It's just so cool to know you put pen to paper an created this thing just the way you want it. My pics are slow to upload out here in the sticks but one i get em ill post em.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Man, That is one Gorgeous Truck ! ! !

Now you need to put your truck info in your Signature Signature.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Man, That is one Gorgeous Truck ! ! !

Now you need to put your truck info in your Signature Signature.
Thanks bro an your right, I'm gonna work on that. I'm not gonna break her in quite like you did. I'm gonna actually try to wait the 500 miles before I romp on her an open her up. I know they say 50 for 500 but seriously, I did 60 an was getting run over. Jake brake is working good though. Tomorrow I have to cut the capture plate off my fifth wheel pin box where on the other truck I had the slider hitch. If you don't take that plate off you'll rip the hitch head out of your truck, or damage the pin box, it was very specific to the slider hitch, but you all probably know that, most people you meet don't. Gonna go out in an hour an check out my lights, can't wait to try those mirror work lights

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Chrome hooks or keep the black. Y'all have seen my rig now. I'm wanting to order the chrome hooks, think they would look bad @$$ with all the paint, would match the grill, rims, mirrors, an steps. Wife is trying to get me to keep the black hooks, she thinks the chrome hooks won't look as classy on the sport trim like they would on the chrome pkg trim. So yes you are getting in the middle of a disagreement but id like your honest opinions.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
all right, so somebody save me some reading time in that stupid manual. Do this is the stupid question of the day, but here we go. On my 16 when you walked uo at night you could hit the un lock on the key fob or just open the door an bright lights under the mirrors would come on an light up the ground so you could see what your doing. Also can't see to get into truck, there's plenty of accecnt lighting all over the place but nothing to help you see to get into the truck around foot wells. Also how do you get the bed leds to come on. On the 16 it was just hit the unlock button on the fob. Go ahead an make me feel stupid, thats ok, I'm sure there's a button some where. I found the little lights that shoot down the sides, there pretty handy. Those driving lamps that come on when you turn our sweet. I just can't see to get into the dam thing.

Xflight29

Reaction score
The bed LED have a push button on the driver-side rear behind the wheel well in side the bed., if you want to manually turn them on. You need to go to settings and you will find all sorts of goodies like turning on your puddle lights under the mirrors. with a auto turn off time setting.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The bed LED have a push button on the driver-side rear behind the wheel well in side the bed., if you want to manually turn them on. You need to go to settings and you will find all sorts of goodies like turning on your puddle lights under the mirrors. with a auto turn off time setting.
Hmph interesting, thanks for the heads up on the puddle lights, I could see them on the mirrors but they won't come on, ill fix that tomorrow. My wife figured out some of the lighting. On the upper console where the help an sos buttons are, there are two buttons up there that show one with the drivers door open an i dont remember what the other was but they seem to work now when you hit the unlock button. But good heads up on the bed light button in the bed, never knew that one

carlrx7

Reaction score
Also can't see to get into truck, there's plenty of accecnt lighting all over the place but nothing to help you see to get into the truck around foot wells. I just can't see to get into the dam thing.

dial switch next to the headlight knob control the foot lighting

stole this from someones post last week.
index.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread