Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Nothotdog

Reaction score
Nifty. Does it impede your view from the drivers seat at all?
I haven't gotten a chance to drive with it just yet (put it on today at work), so I will let you know from the drive home. It seems to be not much more obtrusive than the OEM casing (and of course no more dash cam below it blocking view).

Overall, I've not noticed too many issues with views, and it seems to be generally better than what I had in my Subaru Legacy (although being much higher up seems to help a bit). The only thing I struggle with on occasion is the side mirrors obstructing part of my view.

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
I had the truck in the shop for the 2nd grid heater recall, and the particulate sensor recall,and reflash. Guess I didn't have the sensor, but it worked perfectly. It used to just sip DEF. Now I'm not sure what will happen. While there I had the tires rotated, and I had the alingment set to Thuren specs.
Today I did the oil change & filter.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the truck in the shop for the 2nd grid heater recall, and the particulate sensor recall,and reflash. Guess I didn't have the sensor, but it worked perfectly. It used to just sip DEF. Now I'm not sure what will happen. While there I had the tires rotated, and I had the alingment set to Thuren specs.
Today I did the oil change & filter.

The PM sensor recall has nothing to do with DEF.

I haven’t heard of any 19+ trucks sipping DEF, which is good since that means less EGR. What are you getting for DEF mpg’s?

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
The PM sensor recall has nothing to do with DEF.

I haven’t heard of any 19+ trucks sipping DEF, which is good since that means less EGR. What are you getting for DEF mpg’s?
Not really sure since it's not a big deal to me.

flan

Reaction score

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ha ha, see how it's bent? That's because I poured out all the bugs, pine needless, and other random debris. It's been over a year, so it was time.
That's why I run the S&B - The paper element with the filter wrap. I just pull the cover and vacuum out all the trash so I'm not replacing filters before they're due or sucking them in half lol. This time of year the front of my truck and my airbox are just one big ass butterfly mass casualty event.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
That's why I run the S&B - The paper element with the filter wrap. I just pull the cover and vacuum out all the trash so I'm not replacing filters before they're due or sucking them in half lol. This time of year the front of my truck and my airbox are just one big ass butterfly mass casualty event.
What about one of these?

tchur1

Reaction score
Not so much what I did to my Ram but more what my Ram did to me. Was driving home from a road trip this weekend and got the dreaded Service DEF system see dealer message.

The truck has been acting a little weird lately but after 2 hours on the road my DPF gauge was reading 0 so I thought all was good. I guess not.

Considering a weight loss program but living in CA makes that challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread