Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

LamboTexas

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread on all the other forums I’m part of it. I haven’t seen it on this sight. If I’m duplicating, I’ll delete! But here is what I did today.
I put on Diesel Fuel and DEF caps and called about Ranch Hand replacement bumper I’m ordering.FD6462A8-272C-4A60-9908-4A0FA8543F1F.jpegECA6078B-3693-4914-A74C-5B315FCE2E69.png

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Added some vinyl stickers to the back glass (yesterday though).

OA
nudn1Pi.jpg

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Bedrug came in while I was out of town... I really like the product, but fit/finish isn't anything like the first one I bought back in 2005.

The one I got for the 2019 1500 was cut too short along sidewalls and there were gaps at the tailgate between the floor piece and the sides...now this one is cut too tall and still has the same gaps..SMDH.
Anyway, haven't velcro'd it in yet...waiting for some adhesion promoter to show up... cheaper to buy by the box.

1590257982087.png

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my new (used) ATV to fit with the tailgate closed between the toolbox and gate.

$39 walmart trip for ramps ($49 Rhino ramps on sale) and problem solved. Fits better than OJ's glove.

1/4" to spare. I hope it still fits when I have to put on new tires. May have to compress a bit.

ETA: Screw that, I bought a trailer. :cool:

20200523_162134.jpg

20200523_162107.jpg

Last edited:

orlando bull

Reaction score
Added airlift 5000 airbags. Noticed in my towing pic with fiver that I had a pretty good squat. Figured it would be good to level it back out a bit. Install with compressor took about 3.5 hours. Just a quick trip so far, but, feels like the unloaded ride is improved as well.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Added airlift 5000 airbags. Noticed in my towing pic with fiver that I had a pretty good squat. Figured it would be good to level it back out a bit. Install with compressor took about 3.5 hours. Just a quick trip so far, but, feels like the unloaded ride is improved as well.

Do those have the bump stops internally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orlando bull

Reaction score
Do those have the bump stops internally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with the ones without them. I read a few reviews that said they were too long and the truck would hit them frequently, causing a harsher ride. Probably would have been fine, but, I wanted to try and soften the ride a bit with them, so, didn't want to have that issue.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Added some vinyl stickers to the back glass (yesterday though).

OA
nudn1Pi.jpg
Oregon or Virginia? Disregard I saw in pics above you’re in Oregon. I get It now, the passengers stickers... a Hokie from VA.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Finally got my Baja Designs, OnX6+, 20" LED - # 4480301 installed behind the front bumper grill. I had to remove the air dam to get access behind the bumper. Most forum guys are removing the air dam to get more clearance and say they like the look better. I'm going to leave mine off for awhile. Not sure but I think I will put it back on as it does serve a purpose and clearance isn't a problem as I'm not off-roading this truck.

Having skinnier arms and little hands with long fingers would have helped a lot. I had to heat and bend a wrench to get the right angle for two little 8mm nuts. Took me about 10 heats and bends to get the right fit. Glad it's over.

This thread asks "what etc today" - this took me more than today :confused:

Baja Designs Front LED Bar-C.jpg

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Finally got my Baja Designs, OnX6+, 20" LED - # 4480301 installed behind the front bumper grill. I had to remove the air dam to get access behind the bumper. Most forum guys are removing the air dam to get more clearance and say they like the look better. I'm going to leave mine off for awhile. Not sure but I think I will put it back on as it does serve a purpose and clearance isn't a problem as I'm not off-roading this truck.

Having skinnier arms and little hands with long fingers would have helped a lot. I had to heat and bend a wrench to get the right angle for two little 8mm nuts. Took me about 10 heats and bends to get the right fit. Glad it's over.

This thread asks "what etc today" - this took me more than today :confused:

View attachment 4755
Looks good, you should post a night pic too. Looks like you’re a FCA commercial, Grand Cherokee, 1500 Big Horn, 2500...;) I’m with you

John Jensen

Reaction score
Looks good, you should post a night pic too. Looks like you’re a FCA commercial, Grand Cherokee, 1500 Big Horn, 2500...;) I’m with you
Thanks - you have a good eye except for the 2500, it's a 3500 :p The Grand is my daughters, the 1500 Eco is my daily

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score

I was planning on getting the firestone 5000 but I was on the fence with getting on board air. The only time I need them is when we pull our fifth wheel which would be 6-8 times a year at most.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I went with the ones without them. I read a few reviews that said they were too long and the truck would hit them frequently, causing a harsher ride. Probably would have been fine, but, I wanted to try and soften the ride a bit with them, so, didn't want to have that issue.

I changed over from 15 year old bags with bump stops to new a new stainless airlift 5K stainless kit with bump stops on my 2500 last year and never noticed any difference.

In either case, they definitely improved the ride and handling in addition to managing squat.

Users who are viewing this thread