Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Wholeo

Reaction score
View attachment 63372
Skar Audio 3.5in in the dash, installed 6x9s in the back (regular cab), they appear to touch the wall, I knew I'd need spacers for the doors, I think I'll go ahead and do a 1/4 or maybe 1/2 spacer on the back also. Rear speakers have all the bass cut out of them by the radio, so I'm curious to see what it's like with all 6 speakers replaced, I do like the sound of the dash speakers and what I can tell of the rears.
I put 6 Skar speakers in the 1500 and they sound good for the price point.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
I put 6 Skar speakers in the 1500 and they sound good for the price point.
I'm really happy with them. In case anyone else does a regular cab 1/4 spacers for the rears is all that is needed. I used 1/2 spacers in the front. Long term I'd like to add an amp to make the rears full range, why the factory cuts out the lows in the rears is beyond me.

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Care to share more details on the setup to protect the Retrax canister? I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do that myself.
Sure! I have to give credit to Clownpocket as he had the original idea to put a piece of black extruded aluminum across the bed with boat anchors to attach stuff to. Clownpocket even suggested putting the angle brackets inside to give it the floating look. So that’s what I did. I ordered the extruded aluminum and all the brackets from McMasterCarr as they carry high quality metals. I marked and drilled a hole where the angle bracket would attach and used rivnuts to secure it. Then mounted the extruded aluminum. I measured 6-8x before I ordered the aluminum so it is a tight fit.

Hope this helps!

CFE

Reaction score
I'm really happy with them. In case anyone else does a regular cab 1/4 spacers for the rears is all that is needed. I used 1/2 spacers in the front. Long term I'd like to add an amp to make the rears full range, why the factory cuts out the lows in the rears is beyond me.
good to hear about the spacers - I might go with CT Sounds to replace the stock speakers, including the sub - until i figure out what i want to do in terms or replacing the actual stock sub "box". I want to keep the fold-down tray but that severely limits what I can do underneath.

clownpocket

Reaction score
Care to share more details on the setup to protect the Retrax canister? I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do that myself.

I need to put a thread together for what I have done. Until then, you would need to look back in this thread.

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
I have a gas truck as well. I installed an ARB compressor and quick connects front and rear. I’m sure I have pics in my “build” thread
I need to put a thread together for what I have done. Until then, you would need to look back in this thread.
I have a gas truck as well. I installed an ARB compressor and quick connects front and rear. I’m sure I have pics in my “build” thread
Found it! Great video too! Super cool.

Users who are viewing this thread