Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

whitexc

Reaction score
would love to know what you did to pass - I have no friend anymore - trying to go down the medical route but think it will not be successful

Made an appointment with a local shop I use. Safety is important and having been licensed to inspect years ago I can appreciate the purpose. Tint is not a safety concern.

Sent from me

Alligator John

Reaction score
Added the missing lower glove box light to my 2023 Power Wagon today. The used connector I got off ebay did not work out. It felt like it was damaging the pins in the light assembly when I tried to push it in. The light assemblies are cheap. A new connector is not. So instead I soldered wires to the pins in the light assembly and filled the void around it with glue. BTW I did search again to see if the connector was back behind the glovebox wrapped up someplace. It was not there so I tapped my pigtail into wires already in place going to a Streamlight charger near the other side of the glove box. The factory bulb is not very bright so I do need to find a suitable LED bulb. I tested to make sure it was turning off by placing my phone in the glove box on video. Then closing and opening it to make sure it was working right.

Added the LED bulb to finish the project. I went with green to be different. Much better and much brighter. Since I had a power source to tap into already, it was only about a $20 project total off amazon. Would have been another $20 if I had used a power adapter inline from the back of the dash accessory plug as a second option to power the glove box light. I am in the process of adding the missing ambient lighting in the Dash and finding the factory LEDs are really dim. Hard to justify the cost of the aftermarket LED chips, but if I decide to do it, I will go with green ones there too I think.

20240428_230245.jpg

CdnHO

Reaction score
Added the LED bulb to finish the project. I went with green to be different. Much better and much brighter. Since I had a power source to tap into already, it was only about a $20 project total off amazon. Would have been another $20 if I had used a power adapter inline from the back of the dash accessory plug as a second option to power the glove box light. I am in the process of adding the missing ambient lighting in the Dash and finding the factory LEDs are really dim. Hard to justify the cost of the aftermarket LED chips, but if I decide to do it, I will go with green ones there too I think.

View attachment 72327
You will be a hit on St. Patty's Day. LOL

AZCummins

Reaction score
Finally got my Thuren level kit installed along with new wheels and tires. Raceline 20x9 +18 and Toyo AT3 37x12.5x20. View attachment 72270
Looks fantastic. Which size Thuren springs are these? I am running Thuren on all four corners, but only have +1" in the front and -.5" rear. Consider going to 2" fronts and back to the factory in the rear. Same size tires and wheel specs - feel like yours looks perfect.

Darkone

Reaction score
After going back and forth for the past couple years, I decided to make my
Tonneau more permanently attached. Well it can still be removed just not as easily. I sandwiched the rails for the tonneau with my hi lift slide track. It was removed from my last truck and was quite handy so i finally installed it.78BECC12-F36A-4AC9-932E-5A2C8BEDC522.jpeg73593465-18FC-4F8B-AE08-BAC9420BB1E4.jpeg

unclelala

Reaction score
I guess it not what I did to my truck but more what my detailer did to my truck, he gave it a spring ceramic refresh
And please excuse my terrible pictures, I dont know if its me or my iphone 13 but they are horrible.

Attachments

• IMG_5948-5.jpeg
    IMG_5948-5.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5949-4.jpeg
    IMG_5949-4.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5950-3.jpeg
    IMG_5950-3.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 74

Jersimon

Reaction score
I guess it not what I did to my truck but more what my detailer did to my truck, he gave it a spring ceramic refresh
And please excuse my terrible pictures, I dont know if its me or my iphone 13 but they are horrible.

That’s a nice looking truck. What bug shield do you have? I tried three different AVS shields and was not happy with any of them.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
After going back and forth for the past couple years, I decided to make my
Tonneau more permanently attached. Well it can still be removed just not as easily. I sandwiched the rails for the tonneau with my hi lift slide track. It was removed from my last truck and was quite handy so i finally installed it.View attachment 72363View attachment 72364
I wonder if those tie down rings will work with the rambox rails and if so where to buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread