Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
What about one of these?

With the laramie grill I really don't have an issue with them making their way to the radiator or intecooler, but they tend to sucked up in the ram scoop. I've seen those before, but I just don't like how they look on the truck. The wrapped filter makes it a 15 second job with the shop vac to suck em all out. Even on my old challenger I had a wrap made for the OE mopar CAI since I would suck em up through the headlight eye-hole, but that airbox had an open bottom so no vacuuming required lol.

CFE

Reaction score
With the laramie grill I really don't have an issue with them making their way to the radiator or intecooler, but they tend to sucked up in the ram scoop. I've seen those before, but I just don't like how they look on the truck. The wrapped filter makes it a 15 second job with the shop vac to suck em all out. Even on my old challenger I had a wrap made for the OE mopar CAI since I would suck em up through the headlight eye-hole, but that airbox had an open bottom so no vacuuming required lol.

sounds like panty hose for the filter?

JTS442

Reaction score
Nice choice of wheels ;) How are you liking the recon grapler's ? I'm starting to be reminded of the downsides of running OpenCountry M/T's and planning for the jump from tall/fat 35s to 37x12.50s.
Got about 22k on em and like em so far, no complaints even in the snow last winter they worked well

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
sounds like panty hose for the filter?
In simple terms yes, its a cleanable prefilter basically. Catches all the big stuff so it doesn't get embedded in the pleats. Works great for bugs, leaves, and so on so that the filter doesn't get plugged up with the big junk it might encounter.

Some of the higher end ones are also treated with a hydrophobic coating to keep the filters from getting wet, but it wears off and isn't really worth it unless you have something like a vette with remote TT's that have filters low the ground exposed to splash in the rain.

Reactions: CFE

OLEJOE

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1837.jpeg
    IMG_1837.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 60

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Installed NH Overland RAM HD Upfitter Terminal Block Mount
Cover Off_________________________________________Cover On
NHov.png
Really happy with this purchase, easy install and looks great. I have my CJC/Baja Designs Fog lights on switch one and my ham radio on switch 2. I'm still in the process of mounting the radio in the cab. Lower center stack is tore out of the truck at the moment, ran out of time this evening. Not pictures I have a fender mount with a 1/4 wave 2m antenna mounted.

If @NHOverland is interested in a suggestion, it'd be nice if the positive block used 2 short screws to keep it in place when the cover is off(there are 4 holes available). As is, the screws that hold the cover down also hold the block in place. Not a deal breaker, I put the screws in without the cover as I was hooking things up.

NHOverland

Reaction score
Installed NH Overland RAM HD Upfitter Terminal Block Mount
Cover Off_________________________________________Cover On
View attachment 63973
Really happy with this purchase, easy install and looks great. I have my CJC/Baja Designs Fog lights on switch one and my ham radio on switch 2. I'm still in the process of mounting the radio in the cab. Lower center stack is tore out of the truck at the moment, ran out of time this evening. Not pictures I have a fender mount with a 1/4 wave 2m antenna mounted.

If @NHOverland is interested in a suggestion, it'd be nice if the positive block used 2 short screws to keep it in place when the cover is off(there are 4 holes available). As is, the screws that hold the cover down also hold the block in place. Not a deal breaker, I put the screws in without the cover as I was hooking things up.
Input noted! Look fantastic.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
At 47,531 miles, I had to replace the front brake pads. They were just starting to squeal. No damage or marks on the rotors. Installed brakebest heavy duty pads front O'Reilly. They work just as good as the OEM. Will see if they last that long.
Rears were no even half way worn.

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Hopped the boarder to pick up new synergy track bar and Thuren upgraded track bar bracket to get rid of the ****ty bds crap 1st owner put in.

Also got new wheels delivered, decided to go with the KMC GRS 17x9 +18 to get rid of the 20" fuel twitches +1 that's on their currently.
20231020_112201.jpg
20231020_112133.jpg20231020_112235.jpg20231020_112240.jpg20231020_112329.jpg20231020_112334.jpg

Firebird

Reaction score

Grey

Reaction score
Waiting for my new Power Wagon to arrive in a couple weeks. So getting some misc items ready. New Tow strap, air compressor, 10 inch drop down hitch ordered. Two spare yards sticks, so I can smack my sons chubby little pecker grabbing sausages every time he wants to work on it!!!!!!!!!! He would have that thing converted into a mud truck 6 feet in the air if he got a chance. Need a license plate " Dont Touch"

Users who are viewing this thread