Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

gimmie11s

Reaction score
We plan on upgraded our 5'er in the next year or so. Not comfortable with the AUH with a larger unit, so began looking for a nice autoslider. Good God these things are EXPENSIVE new!

Found a Pullrite Superglide on Offerup 30 miles from my house. It was used for one summer, guy sold his (Ram) truck and trailer. This is the 2315 unit.. 24k capacity in Ram Puck configuration.

Stoked I was able to find this little gem... gave him $700 and needed a few guys' help to load it haha. Damn thing weighs ~250 lbs.

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

wrvond

Reaction score
What a great deal!
I had a Pullrite autoslide on my F250 many years ago and liked it quite well. I probably should have gone with an auto slider this time, but for some reason I can't explain went with a manual slider instead.
I bought an hydraulic engine hoist from Tractor Supply and added an extension to the bar so it reaches the center of the bed with the tailgate down. Makes lifting the hitch in and out of the bed a one person job, though it can be a bit "tippy" due to the weight being so far forward of the base legs.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 084250.jpg

Grey

Reaction score
I'll come back and edit this with pictures.

Not really a what I did today but I got my truck 3 weeks ago and since then I've done the following:

- thuren suspension ( 1" front lift, springs and shocks, thuren stock height rear spring and shock, thuren sway bar)
- timbergrove air bags
- amp power steps ( much prefer the look of these over OEM, they tuck under the truck better)
- OEM rear bed step ( prefer this to the amp step, tucks under the truck better)
- rear seat cover (have kids and it's amazing the junk that gets into the seat back there. I would have done the front but wanted to keep the ventilated seats function)
- OEM rubber mats
- horse stall mats cut to fit bed
- husky mud flaps (I liked the look of these best)
- idash monitor and handle mount
- 7" drop b&w Hitch ( perfect drop for me )
- fuel/def caps
- 12" screen protector (got a tempered glass protector, which I'm not a fan of but seems to be the only option)
- bakflip mx4 tunneu cover (had this on my last truck and was reasonably satisfied, couldn't find a better option on this price range)
- replaced led reflector headlights with morimoto led projectors (had hid projectors in previous truck and while the stock Laramie led reflectors had bright light, the throw was much less than I was hoping for. The morimoto helped with that a lot)
- sold 20" wheels for stock 18" and got 295/70r18 wildpeaks
- ceramic tint 5% rear, 30% front, 70% windshield (the only thing so far not done by myself)
- replaced Laramie badge with the outdoorsman badge to commemorate my previous truck (was in an accident and wouldn't have got this truck if it wasn't in that accident)

Still waiting to install (either waiting for time or for parts). Hopefully will get to these within the next month:

- VSIM unit
- AUX buttons unit
- air compressor on frame
- accessory lights (emergency response and for scene/trail lighting)
- 2wd low
- trailer surround camera setup

And lastly stuff I'm undecided on doing but keeping an eye on:

- 52 gallon titan or s&b fuel tank
- additional inverter for bed (maybe 2kw?)
- OEM gooseneck install

I think that covers it. Looking at this list I think I should have started a build thread lol.

Also a huge thank you to the peeps here that have helped me with electrical harnesses. Not sure if they would want public recognition or not, but you know who you are.
You have been buy guy. good job

gimmie11s

Reaction score
What a great deal!
I had a Pullrite autoslide on my F250 many years ago and liked it quite well. I probably should have gone with an auto slider this time, but for some reason I can't explain went with a manual slider instead.
I bought an hydraulic engine hoist from Tractor Supply and added an extension to the bar so it reaches the center of the bed with the tailgate down. Makes lifting the hitch in and out of the bed a one person job, though it can be a bit "tippy" due to the weight being so far forward of the base legs.

View attachment 64225

Very nice. A buddy and I just hung up off the phone talking about installing a beam in the garage with an ATV winch to I can one-man this damn hitch in and out of the truck haha.

They are heavy!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Very nice. A buddy and I just hung up off the phone talking about installing a beam in the garage with an ATV winch to I can one-man this damn hitch in and out of the truck haha.

They are heavy!
Use a hoist, not a winch. Winches aren't good at overhead weight holding. Harbor Freight has some cheap and reliable ones.

relbus

Reaction score
Maintenance day…it’s really nice that the timeline for intervals works in my favor. Usually I’d be doing this when it was zero degrees outside!

886fa51d0217eb2480f9e7ac5be18835.jpg

ETX Ram

Reaction score
@Nothotdog really liked the clean installation and look of the FITCAMX in your Ram. After looking at driving footage of other FITCAMX installs, it looked to me as if the dash cam doesn't record GPS data for location and vehicle speed. Can you confirm this an accurate observation? Thanks

Nothotdog

Reaction score
@Nothotdog really liked the clean installation and look of the FITCAMX in your Ram. After looking at driving footage of other FITCAMX installs, it looked to me as if the dash cam doesn't record GPS data for location and vehicle speed. Can you confirm this an accurate observation? Thanks
Correct, it does not record GPS nor vehicle speed. It looks like it only captures the date/time. Here is a snapshot that I took from the app with it set to the highest resolution:

Dashcam_high.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread