Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Got halfway done with the a pillar setup last night, but took a break to enjoy the nice weather with the family out at the property today. Snapped a nice pic of her in her natural habitat.

dc6ff7f83186981a18e8be2b09476012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
And done. Go figure I didn't have any micro II fuse taps, but I had every other damn size in my toolbox lol. I've got some coming tomorrow for the amber backlights, but the wiring is in place ready to be connected to fuse #79 for the cablights - They do work like the 4th gens. I'll go test them out later this week on some back roads, but so far just eyeballing against my garage door should be a huge improvement on back roads with the SAE Driving Lights.

I also ripped out the EZX - Got tired of the EGR codes even on lvl1. That experiment is over and done with, I'll just wait until I'm ready for real tuning.

1696892162708.png

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Clownpocket gave me the idea to use extruded aluminum to protect the retrax canister so I went with xtrusion rack. This is actually for a 8’ ford because it’s 6’ long. I didn’t like the shorter than the bed racks…. Personal preference. Let me know what you think!

And thanks again Clownpocket!

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    789.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    836.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 76

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got around to chalk testing the tires today. BFG KO2 285/70/17 on factory steel wheels. 44psi in the front and 40psi in the rear.

Picture makes it look leveled, but it's not.
View attachment 63712

Looks sharp.

Pressure still seems high. Have you hit the scales? You've got enough air for a FAW of 5,000lbs and a RAW of 4600lbs.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Clownpocket gave me the idea to use extruded aluminum to protect the retrax canister so I went with xtrusion rack. This is actually for a 8’ ford because it’s 6’ long. I didn’t like the shorter than the bed racks…. Personal preference. Let me know what you think!

Care to share more details on the setup to protect the Retrax canister? I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do that myself.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Looks sharp.

Pressure still seems high. Have you hit the scales? You've got enough air for a FAW of 5,000lbs and a RAW of 4600lbs.
Thanks! I have not ran it across scales yet. Your comment is making me question my test....I might try it on a different parking lot. I didn't have a lot of room at this one, did a lot of back and forth, so a lot of break applications might have affected the test. The rears were still showing some chalk on the outsides, I've got tool box to install after the spray in bed liner, so I figured I'd leave a lil air back there for that.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have not ran it across scales yet. Your comment is making me question my test....I might try it on a different parking lot. I didn't have a lot of room at this one, did a lot of back and forth, so a lot of break applications might have affected the test. The rears were still showing some chalk on the outsides, I've got tool box to install after the spray in bed liner, so I figured I'd leave a lil air back there for that.

The chalk test is vague in getting proper pressure, but it does help you keep from running too over inflated if you can't scale it.

Based on OEM published curb weights, and adding 500lbs to each axle, you can probably run 35 in all 4 tires when empty with minimal cargo. That's enough air for 4210lbs/axle.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Awesome to hear! I'm definitely worried about reliability but really tired of dragging the family around in the 2nd gen, its been crazy reliable for the last 15 years but it was time for a change!

I still have my 2nd gen.. will never sell it but yeah, 2 completely different trucks haha.

clownpocket

Reaction score

Holy crap dude! That looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread