Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
the pitch and yaw screen? I  think there is a way in alfa, but not sure exaxtly where. maybe @Jimmy07 can advise, when he gets a free munute.
Is there a way to enable those extra screens on my truck? it's a 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4....

They'll show but I don't think they work. I seem to recall Jimmy said you have to have a 21+ airbag module.

At least they didn't work in my 3500 when I enabled off-road pages. That said, there's a bunch of stuff that works in the 2500 that doesn't work in the 3500.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable those extra screens on my truck? it's a 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4....
As far as the off road pages showing up in the EVIC, you need a 2021+ cluster.
If you have a truck that is capable of connected services (factory equipped with 12” radio, or 8.4 with navigation), there are certain software versions that have a “glitch” that allows off road pages to stay on the radio.
I believe once you hit 12” radio software version 39.9, they corrected it so the pages won’t stay in the radio.

jsalbre

Reaction score
If you have a truck that is capable of connected services (factory equipped with 12” radio, or 8.4 with navigation), there are certain software versions that have a “glitch” that allows off road pages to stay on the radio.
I believe once you hit 12” radio software version 39.9, they corrected it so the pages won’t stay in the radio.
On a semi-related note, I can confirm that I can't get Performance Pages to show up on my '23 at all. Not even for a few key cycles like some people on other forums managed on '22s.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
On a semi-related note, I can confirm that I can't get Performance Pages to show up on my '23 at all. Not even for a few key cycles like some people on other forums managed on '22s.
Turns out, the off road pages and performance pages are VIN related features. So if you enable the performance pages on a truck that isn’t “supposed” to have them, when the truck sends info via connected data, the vin comes up incompatible with the pages and kills the app from showing up in the radio.
Same with performance pages- there was, I think, 2 software versions that allowed those pages to stay on UC4 12” radios because they actually broke the guardian connected services.
Now, if it’s someone like my truck, or @g00fy, we transplanted 12” radios in our trucks that came from the factory without connected services capabilities, and the pages will stick on our radios.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Turns out, the off road pages and performance pages are VIN related features. So if you enable the performance pages on a truck that isn’t “supposed” to have them, when the truck sends info via connected data, the vin comes up incompatible with the pages and kills the app from showing up in the radio.
Same with performance pages- there was, I think, 2 software versions that allowed those pages to stay on UC4 12” radios because they actually broke the guardian connected services.
Now, if it’s someone like my truck, or @g00fy, we transplanted 12” radios in our trucks that came from the factory without connected services capabilities, and the pages will stick on our radios.
I understand that it probably ended up like that because someone thought "maybe one day we can monetize this", but given the small percentage of people that actually pay for connected services at all I can't believe anyone ever thought someone might be willing to pay for a subscription to off-road or performance pages. If they don't (or didn't) plan to charge for them eventually then it makes no sense why they'd make it difficult to enable them, as no one (I hope) is going to trade in their vehicle just because it doesn't have a page on a display.

johanh13

Reaction score

Yeah, I don't think I want to swap out the cluster, but it would be nice! I do have the 8.4 with Navigation and I love it.

Also, I was able to update my system to show the forward camera, complete with tire tracks. Also, my surround camera shows lines for the turning circle in forward and reverse (used to only show the lines in reverse)

Anything else really cool I can enable?

Thanks everyone for your input, that is what I love about this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread