Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Riddick

Reaction score
Thuren front sway bar installed. Very straight forward swap. Hardest part for me was getting my grease gun to work properly. Outside of that bar looks great, no driving impressions as of yet. However, if it performs as good as everyone says, I will be more than happy.

My only advice on install would be the type of grease you use. The directions do not say but I highly recommend a full synthetic lube such as super lube. If you run a petroleum based grease it will deteriorate the poly bushings. I made sure to lube the sleeves and bushings prior to install as well as a few squirts from the gun once installed.

Big thanks to @Gondul for helping out with sleeve orientation.

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_115240178_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230205_115240178_HDR.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230205_115255083_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230205_115255083_HDR.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230205_095353944.jpg
    IMG_20230205_095353944.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Thuren front sway bar installed. Very straight forward swap. Hardest part for me was getting my grease gun to work properly. Outside of that bar looks great, no driving impressions as of yet. However, if it performs as good as everyone says, I will be more than happy.

My only advice on install would be the type of grease you use. The directions do not say but I highly recommend a full synthetic lube such as super lube. If you run a petroleum based grease it will deteriorate the poly bushings. I made sure to lube the sleeves and bushings prior to install as well as a few squirts from the gun once installed.

Big thanks to @Gondul for helping out with sleeve orientation.
Looks Great!!
FWIW I'm using VV98510 on all the fittings, seem to meet all the important requirements.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So, rear track bar fixed...put the truck back on the ground, ratchet strap and my daughter to throw the bolt while I rocked the truck... thanks for all the suggestions.

Took my time with the new torque wrench and everything worked out much better.

Heat shield cut down to a normal size.

I was going to put in the front track bar, but the tie rod is firmly in the way (even turning the wheels). And I don't have tools that will fit in that narrow gap.

So it will wait until the following weekend when I have more time and I'll go ahead pull everything off and install the new track bar and the HD steering kit at the same time.

20230205_101945.jpg

20230205_102735.jpg

20230205_115021.jpg

Last edited:

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Try just placing the Jack stands on the Frame rails to support the Truck. Then use the Jacks to lower or raise the Axle. It also makes it easier to move the axle side to side for lining up the New Track Bar.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Try just placing the Jack stands on the Frame rails to support the Truck. Then use the Jacks to lower or raise the Axle. It also makes it easier to move the axle side to side for lining up the New Track Bar.

Thanks.... fwiw the instructions read to leave it on the ground with wheels on.
Figured putting the stands under the axle would be the same, and I simply like taking the tires off as I have more room to work.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I

Synergy makes a great grease for ball joints and suspension points. Expensive but it does work good making things not squeak

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So far I have done 4 Installs using this method. Also removing the Wheels for room to work. Works well.
Had I known this was an option I certainly would have tried it... but at this point I'm done for now and with a long weekend coming up, I'll just install the Thuren trackbar and Synergy HD kit at the same time.

Drew M

Reaction score
I just went to the AMP site and put in "my vehicle" and RAM did NOT come up as one you could install on. I put in 2022 and Ram DID come up... Just an FYI. I'd write them and ask. A lot of vehicles on the 22 list did NOT come up on the 2023 list.

I too am waiting for a 2023, 2500 Big Horn, CC, HEMI application. I wrote them about two weeks ago, and the best answer I got from them is "... our engineers are working on it, but we do not have an ETA.

There are various dealers, here on the Forums who have said the '22 units will fit '23's.
It looks like Granger has begun installing them on '23 1500's. My sales rep at Granger said they can install AMP's on my Ram. Right now that is one of the speed bumps holding me up on picking up my new truck.

ollicat

Reaction score
Did you get a response? I will be getting my 2023 Laramie Mega cab with the gas hemi is about 6 weeks and want to put those on my truck. I am curious if they will work before I order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't work sadly.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
They don't work sadly.

Is this for the AMP's steps? If so, I just found out from Granger that the 2022 will not fit a 2023, 2500 BH, HEMI, Crew Cab... Seeing how slowly the '23's are hitting the streets, I (we) may be in for a bit of a wait:confused:
Which is it? They won’t FIT physically? Or, they don’t WORK, as in they fit but don’t function because of possibly different door ajar bus messages?

Drew M

Reaction score
Which is it? They won’t FIT physically? Or, they don’t WORK, as in they fit but don’t function because of possibly different door ajar bus messages?
I asked my Sales Rep and she said "...I think the Parts Manager said it was a fit issue".
Maybe if more people email AMPS and ask for 2023 HD sets, AMP might be more likely to get a set out. I had offered to have a vendor use. my truck as a test platform, but they were adamant about doing it in house.
My POC was:
A.J. P. (Truck Hero)
Technical Service Representative
800-328-9512
sales@amp-research.com

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I asked my Sales Rep and she said "...I think the Parts Manager said it was a fit issue".
Maybe if more people email AMPS and ask for 2023 HD sets, AMP might be more likely to get a set out. I had offered to have a vendor use. my truck as a test platform, but they were adamant about doing it in house.
My POC was:
A.J. P. (Truck Hero)
Technical Service Representative
800-328-9512
sales@amp-research.com
I guess what I’m more curious of is- has someone actually gone through the process of trying to install them, and found them to not fit or work.
If not, and that’s just what people keep getting told, I have to think it’s because AMP just hasn’t had a chance to get their hands on a 2023 yet to give their verification for fitment.
I can’t possibly see it being a fitment issue between 2022 and 2023, because all of the mopar running board part numbers, including power side steps, are the same part numbers for 2019-2023. The power side step module is the same part number too, so I can’t see them all of a sudden changing the door ajar can messages after being the same since 2013.

Drew M

Reaction score
I guess what I’m more curious of is- has someone actually gone through the process of trying to install them, and found them to not fit or work.
If not, and that’s just what people keep getting told, I have to think it’s because AMP just hasn’t had a chance to get their hands on a 2023 yet to give their verification for fitment.
I can’t possibly see it being a fitment issue between 2022 and 2023, because all of the mopar running board part numbers, including power side steps, are the same part numbers for 2019-2023. The power side step module is the same part number too, so I can’t see them all of a sudden changing the door ajar can messages after being the same since 2013.
I agree, but I don’t know. I was trying to order a set back in Nov/Dec when they offered a $150 rebate.
I know there are one or two vendors here who have said that the ‘22’s will fit ‘23’s, but at $1,600+, I’m not willing to take a chance/risk.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
The Amp Steps I purchased for my 2016 fit both my 18 and now 22 3500. Mounting was the same. Only had to purchase a new OBD Plug for the 18 which also works on my 22.

ollicat

Reaction score
Is this for the AMP's steps? If so, I just found out from Granger that the 2022 will not fit a 2023, 2500 BH, HEMI, Crew Cab... Seeing how slowly the '23's are hitting the streets, I (we) may be in for a bit of a wait:confused:
correct, it was for a 23

ollicat

Reaction score
The issue is that they won't physically fit. There is some new component installed under the body that gets in way

Users who are viewing this thread