Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Electronut

Reaction score
Any pcs of the lights from inside the cab looking out at night (on/off)? love the setup
I haven't taken the truck anywhere since I brought home from the dealership LOL. I just been wrenching on it. Since adding the lightbar I went ahead and sprung for the M&R Hood Lamps as well and just completed that installation. I really like the overall package and light output is pretty impressive. What I really got the M&R kit for was the DRL appearance anyway since I'm not really an offroad guy. The standard main white light output was a bonus for me and there if I ever need it. You can see my separate post here where I took photos of them all lit. I in fact used one of the pics as my new avatar photo.

I haven't taken any pics looking out from inside the cab to external through windshield/over hood but pretty impressed with the output and visibility looking out from my garage into the driveway. Just finished install of the Vixen Triple Trumpet Train Air Horn.

I'm tackling next and in process of adding Thuren front coils and track bar for 2 inch leveling kit, FOX 2.0 shocks all around, and the Thuren link rods to raise air ride an inch in the rear. Then adding 35" Nittos on the Night Edition OEM wheels with 3/8" Bora wheel spacers to finish off the look.

cjh1669

Reaction score
I haven't taken the truck anywhere since I brought home from the dealership LOL. I just been wrenching on it. Since adding the lightbar I went ahead and sprung for the M&R Hood Lamps as well and just completed that installation. I really like the overall package and light output is pretty impressive. What I really got the M&R kit for was the DRL appearance anyway since I'm not really an offroad guy. The standard main white light output was a bonus for me and there if I ever need it. You can see my separate post here where I took photos of them all lit. I in fact used one of the pics as my new avatar photo.

I haven't taken any pics looking out from inside the cab to external through windshield/over hood but pretty impressed with the output and visibility looking out from my garage into the driveway. Just finished install of the Vixen Triple Trumpet Train Air Horn.

I'm tackling next and in process of adding Thuren front coils and track bar for 2 inch leveling kit, FOX 2.0 shocks all around, and the Thuren link rods to raise air ride an inch in the rear. Then adding 35" Nittos on the Night Edition OEM wheels with 3/8" Bora wheel spacers to finish off the look.
I'm doing the same thuren fox 2.0 front coils when I take delivers. Can you link me to the link rods for the air ride though? I put the 35 nitto ridge grapplers on my 2019 and I love them, will move them to the new truck

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
love the blak badges, I want to convert mine from chrome as well but cant find a black front grill for a reasonable price

I am not changing my grill so i didnt look at prices. Are they crazy money or what?

Electronut

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thuren fox 2.0 front coils when I take delivers. Can you link me to the link rods for the air ride though? I put the 35 nitto ridge grapplers on my 2019 and I love them, will move them to the new truck
Here you go.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Here you go.

THose are cheap. THank you for sending them over

Redfour5

Reaction score
We installed steps on a 2023 last week. Everything remains the same.

We installed these specifically. We also offer member discounts so let us know if we can help you out or answer any questions

I got those within a week of getting my truck last March. The first time the wife tried to get in it became required. She and I love them although the pocket book doesn't... They are very very nice however. The older dogs like them also... They don't interfere with the lines of the truck but drop lower than regular side steps at the perfect height on an unlifted 2500. They are warranted for five years by my local guy or is that by AMP?

CdnHO

Reaction score
I got those within a week of getting my truck last March. The first time the wife tried to get in it became required. She and I love them although the pocket book doesn't... They are very very nice however. The older dogs like them also... They don't interfere with the lines of the truck but drop lower than regular side steps at the perfect height on an unlifted 2500. They are warranted for five years by my local guy or is that by AMP?
I got them as a factory option. Wife loves them too because they extend lower than the bolt on steps.

Electronut

Reaction score
THose are cheap. THank you for sending them over
You pay for other Thuren products when you do their system though

I would never do the cheap puck method to raise the front but those that do and have air ride in the rear, its cheaper to buy the Thuren links instead of the competitor links which are at least triple the cost for those same links.

cjh1669

Reaction score
You pay for other Thuren products when you do their system though

I would never do the cheap puck method to raise the front but those that do and have air ride in the rear, its cheaper to buy the Thuren links instead of the competitor links which are at least triple the cost for those same links.
I bought my fox 2.0 reservoir through a friend's diesel shop and he's going to install it all and do an alignment once I get the actual truck. I'm also looking at a road armor headache rack with ridgid lights for backing the trailer at night into the water

Dinky503

Reaction score
I bought my fox 2.0 reservoir through a friend's diesel shop and he's going to install it all and do an alignment once I get the actual truck. I'm also looking at a road armor headache rack with ridgid lights for backing the trailer at night into the water

Extra lights on a headache rack is awesome. I have spots and floods for loading in winter mornings and evenings.

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score

The are warrantied through AMP but most shops will honor the work, we do!

Dyoung82010

Reaction score
Can you tell me which model of the 2023 you successfully installed them on? My local dealer is saying they are trying but won't fit my 2023 Gas Laramie Mega cab. something about a sound resonator box.

Did you get a response? I will be getting my 2023 Laramie Mega cab with the gas hemi is about 6 weeks and want to put those on my truck. I am curious if they will work before I order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfour5

Reaction score
I just went to the AMP site and put in "my vehicle" and RAM did NOT come up as one you could install on. I put in 2022 and Ram DID come up... Just an FYI. I'd write them and ask. A lot of vehicles on the 22 list did NOT come up on the 2023 list.

Redfour5

Reaction score
OK, got my Fab Fours Matrix bumper and my rough country rear bumper installed on my 2500 Laramie Crew Cab. I had a rough country 12K winch installed. I also had the AVS shades put on and the low profile AVS hood protector. In addition, I put two of the "swing out" storage units in the bed. I earlier had the AMP steps put on and I put on the rear OEM (like) drop down step to get in the bed... I'm pretty much done at this point until I need tires as the OEM Firestones start to wear... I'm in for about 9K at this point.

Things I learned.

The Fab Fours Matrix pre runner bumper is very nice but not inexpensive. It is still around 300 to 500 cheaper than the AEV bumpers. A big advantage is that the winch plate is flat AND connected to the truck not just the bumper itself so it is more stable than most other winch plates associated with after market bumpers and the holes in the front of the bumper allow for easy access to the free spool lever and the remote connection on the winch, very easy. One thing he said he does when installing is to NOT trim the fender well plastic like Fab Fours says to do because the front tire throws mud etc. into the back of the spots/flood without that fender protection piece. The cubes as they are open in the back and it can be a problem. What he does is trim the fender plastic low puts a hole in it and folds it under a metal piece on the truck and zip ties it in place. It protects the cube lights from the back and also provides a black background behind the cubes so you are not looking at tires behind them. So, its a hack of sorts to address something he has seen.

The Rough Country back bumper looks really good also and it comes with cubes installed already on the bumper. The guy who owns the place that installs this stuff locally (Auto Concepts/Helena MT) said he has Fab Fours on his Gladiator and a Rough Country on the back. He said the rough country finish will likely need refinishing (bedliner) in about three to four years as that is the case with his and what he has seen. But, he said at 650 bucks the Rough Country is a steal and even if you have to refinish it in three or four years, you are still ahead about a thousand bucks in comparison to other bumpers price and overall quality wise in comparison to other bumpers and well built....generally... He noted that the quality is variable on welds and where the slabs come together. He said some come in looking great and perfect while occasionally he will see one that can look a bit rough weld and finish wise showing grinder marks etc. I got lucky there and mine is perfect. He said you don't notice the lesser quality ones too much unless you are right up on them... But the savings are in the 1500 to 2000 buck range vs other back step bumpers... For example, I got the rough country bumpers for 650. Fab Fours are like 2300 bucks... So are many others...

He said the Fab Fours finish is bullet proof as his front bumper and others he has installed and seen down the road still look good after five years. I also had to refinish my Iron Cross prerunner winch bumper on m 1500 after three years, same kind of rusting issue. They are well thought out engineering wise and made well from a manufacturing standpoint including finish... They run around 300 to 500 less than the AEV bumpers. They are essentially two different looks, both extremely nice, quality roughly equivalent but different.

He urged me to get the AVS FLUSH hood protector as it looks good and actually protects better, in his opinion than the one that stands out from the hood. He said the ones that stand out never get cleaned underneath as it is a hassle to do it for many people and rocks will take them out although they will protect a front window that one time, but then they look like poo after until you replace them... I had on that stands out on my 1500 and it got cracked from a rock but didn't break totally. He said he likes the looks of the ones that stand out better on the 1500's than the 2500 hoods. There are more curves on the 2500's... I think if you blow up my pic you can see how the flush one fits on my hood.

The swing out boxes are to compensate a bit for not having the Ram Boxes like I had on my 2021 1500. I grew dependent upon them. I realize many hate them. But, he noted all the problems people had with the original design of the swing boxes. Just go look at the reviews if you want to see what those problems were. He said they brought out never versions about a year ago and they addressed the problems. They increased the "stiffness" of them so they don't crack and are more sturdy and made them a bit bigger, not by much... He said they also worked on how they are installed to improve some issues with those. I already put all my winch related items (remote) in them and I'd say two of them give you about the equivalent of one rambox worth of space differently proportioned.

The AMP power side steps are fantastic, but IF you can get the power steps OEM on your order or already on a truck in a lot, I"d do that if only for price...like 1500 bucks different at least. But the steps are nice, very nice...

So, that's pretty much my experience in after market items to date. Overall in a year of doing this I'm in for around 9K with someone else installing. Equipment costs of around 6K.

Suggestions: IF you intend to do any aftermarket bumpers etc, don't get the "sport package" as the main thing you get out of that is painted bumpers and you will be getting rid of them. Get the rear OEM bumper step if you can OEM, but if you don't, you can get a good (Can't hardly tell the difference even quality wise) knockoff for about a hundred bucks less than OEM and it will literally take 30 "easy" minutes to install yourself if you have any tools and handiness...

OH I ordered a flip down license plate holder so the license plate will end up being sort of over the fairlead but will flip up for use. That's like 34 bucks on Amazon... I'm not too worried about showing my license plate. In today's world if someone wants to find you for some odd reason, it isn't too hard so I'm not going to be obsessive about it and I don't think I'm making too many people mad here on HDRams... Or I hope not...
20230204_135632.jpg20230204_135620.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread