Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

b1lanc

Reaction score
Interesting - about 300 on mine since update. Never noticed a regen but following this thread, kept the DPF screen up. Yesterday it read 15% after about 275 miles since R&R last week. Today it's at zero.

KBob

Reaction score
Do you have an update on this? Mine has gone into regen twice in 250 miles I’ve put on it since the recall.
I noticed this post too, and have been watching mine. I was probably due for one, and the day after I got home it did one. After that I towed 1500 miles, and have not had one. If yours keeps that up I would think something is off for sure. Any time they "flash" mine I get nervous....... I don't think all scan tool operators are created equal.
Let us know when you get it resolved, something isn't right......

blbrown

Reaction score
I need to vent regarding service or lack of, that I have received from AutoNation Bellevue WA. I took my truck in a month or more ago for over $1200.00 service, oil change, transmission service, and all drivetrain fluids, while there I asked if I could get Y78 completed. I was told they ordered the pump, a few weeks later I was told parts are in and I could drop it of to get the recall completed. 2 days after I dropped it off I was told to pick it up, the recall wasn't completed. I was told and it was on the invoice, that the required tools were not available. "BS"
I contacted Ram Cares ❤ and they opened a case, they talked with the Service Manager and tried to figure out what was going on. I am more than happy with the rapid response I got from Ram Cares but beyond their discussion with the Service Manager they let me know there wasn't much more they could do. Apparently the Service Manager told them he would order my pump next week. I got a text today from the dealership to call to setup an appointment, when I talked to a service person I was told their system says they can't schedule my truck for the re-call at this time. When I explained what Ram Cares was told about ordering next week by the Service Manager, they forwarded me to the Service Manager, I left a voice mail.
Will let everyone know what happens next.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I need to vent regarding service or lack of, that I have received from AutoNation Bellevue WA. I took my truck in a month or more ago for over $1200.00 service, oil change, transmission service, and all drivetrain fluids, while there I asked if I could get Y78 completed. I was told they ordered the pump, a few weeks later I was told parts are in and I could drop it of to get the recall completed. 2 days after I dropped it off I was told to pick it up, the recall wasn't completed. I was told and it was on the invoice, that the required tools were not available. "BS"
I contacted Ram Cares ❤ and they opened a case, they talked with the Service Manager and tried to figure out what was going on. I am more than happy with the rapid response I got from Ram Cares but beyond their discussion with the Service Manager they let me know there wasn't much more they could do. Apparently the Service Manager told them he would order my pump next week. I got a text today from the dealership to call to setup an appointment, when I talked to a service person I was told their system says they can't schedule my truck for the re-call at this time. When I explained what Ram Cares was told about ordering next week by the Service Manager, they forwarded me to the Service Manager, I left a voice mail.
Will let everyone know what happens next.
Do you have a 19 or 20?

Horse hauler

Reaction score
I just got my truck back yesterday from the recall work. Truck cranks quite a bit longer than before to start, service manager said a few they have done did that but it improved quickly? Truck went through a regeneration on my way home from the dealership. Then got a check engine light. Scan said crankcase pressure sensor. Anyone else have this CEL before?

lightningwill

Reaction score
Do you have an update on this? Mine has gone into regen twice in 250 miles I’ve put on it since the recall.
No, it just went into regen for the 6th time in 600 miles and I have not heard anything from ram or the dealer.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Well it's been a week and a half since my truck had the Y78 completed, and i towed my fifth wheel 400 miles or so. I still have the Bucking and Missing that i had prior to the recall so i guess we can rule out the fuel system, they supposedly replaced it all.

blbrown

Reaction score
Anyone in the Seattle area have success getting Y78 completed and if you did can you recommend the dealership!

Users who are viewing this thread