Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I am late to contacting my local dealer I bought my truck from. My own fault for that. But I got put on their wait list today for next May 2023 :(. I will be calling around in hopes another dealer has less of a wait time. Good on those that were more proactive in getting theirs in line and/or already replaced.

Razzman

Reaction score
I am experiencing a noticeable clicking sound (maybe once a second or more) after getting the CP3 pump installed. It goes away when the engine is fully warmed up, like after 30 minutes of driving. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nothing on mine, quiet as a mouse.

Razzman

Reaction score
No issues. Mine was actually overdue (my imagination) for a regen when it went in. After I got it back, hooked the trailers to it and it did the regen it needed within 10 miles. Only put on 500 miles but hasn't moved off zero or done a regen yet.
Mine either now that you mention it. I've actually been waiting for the def level to drop a bit to fill the tank but it's not moving lol

Jacob

Reaction score
I am late to contacting my local dealer I bought my truck from. My own fault for that. But I got put on their wait list today for next May 2023
Dang. I'm scared to call now. I have a 2019. I just put my vin in the recall page and it says parts available. Might call one of these days. No worries.

b1lanc

Reaction score
Picked mine up today - about 100 miles from dealer to home. Ran noticeably more smooth and responsive to throttle. So far I'd say the trucks performance is much better. I'll go out on a limb and say my fuel mileage appears to have improved also.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Picked mine up today - about 100 miles from dealer to home. Ran noticeably more smooth and responsive to throttle. So far I'd say the trucks performance is much better. I'll go out on a limb and say my fuel mileage appears to have improved also.
Was yours a pump only or the whole ancholata?

b1lanc

Reaction score
Just what came in the kit - had to pay to have the fuel filters changed.

C00P

Reaction score
Just what came in the kit - had to pay to have the fuel filters changed.

Same here:
Kit #CSRLY781AA and PCM Flash #P6401032PA. Picked mine up a couple days ago and it has been running much better ever since. Smoother shifts, no lag and no noticeable “noises”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juggernaut122

Reaction score
Just dropped off my 2019 HO at the dealer. They called and said they needed it longer because they needed to lift the cab off the chassis to complete the Y78 recall. Is this true? Anyone else find this out?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just dropped off my 2019 HO at the dealer. They called and said they needed it longer because they needed to lift the cab off the chassis to complete the Y78 recall. Is this true? Anyone else find this out?

Say what? .

None of these recalls require the cab to come off unless they're replacing the engine due to damage. I would call and demand stop work until resolved.

Get @RamCares involved.

Juggernaut122

Reaction score
Wonderful! I found this out at 5pm and have been searching high and low, didn't see anything about removing cab. I'm sick to my stomach now.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
nothing really short of full engine failure, ever requires the cab off. that's part of the absolute beauty of the cummins!

get ramcare folks involved and raise concern at the dealer. goodness.

b1lanc

Reaction score
SM at dealership that replaced mine said that they had particular difficulty changing out the pump in ambulances - nearly had one take a dive off a lift and the techs hate doing them on anything but pickups. May not be relevant to cab & chassis, but he did note that the r&r process for contamination included 'flushing' the tank and fuel system only if the customer complains about performance problems and the pump hasn't failed. Doesn't seem like the process is uniform across all dealerships and leaves a lot of wiggle room for a dealership.

R&R procedure(s) here along with reference to 2019 and prior recalls. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCRIT-21V880-5163.pdf

Juggernaut122

Reaction score
Hopefully getting an update or explanation as soon as Service Department opens up.

Juggernaut122

Reaction score
Service manager finally called with an update. He said that they are lifting the cab from the chassis, they will also be changing the injectors. When I asked if it failed the inspection he was unsure of what I was talking about. I referred him to the Procedure Card provided with the Y78 recall. With all that, he said all the parts are in and will be wrapping it by Tuesday. He was unable to give me a reason for lifting the cab. Hope to have more answers Tuesday as I will ask to speak with the tech.

Randyhut

Reaction score
I am glad my dealer was able to do all that without removing the cab - it is hard enough to think about all the stuff they had to remove to do mine, removing the cab is a whole other amount of things for them to mess up!

Juggernaut122

Reaction score
Randyhut, I totally agree. I should have just bought the parts and done it myself.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Service manager finally called with an update. He said that they are lifting the cab from the chassis, they will also be changing the injectors. When I asked if it failed the inspection he was unsure of what I was talking about. I referred him to the Procedure Card provided with the Y78 recall. With all that, he said all the parts are in and will be wrapping it by Tuesday. He was unable to give me a reason for lifting the cab. Hope to have more answers Tuesday as I will ask to speak with the tech.
they should be following the repair procedure set out by FCA not being stupid ford techs and lifting the cab

Users who are viewing this thread