Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Love it! It's a life saver!

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I hate it! Get rid of it.

Votes: 110 33.5%
  • I'd like the option to disable it.

Votes: 213 64.9%

• Total voters

Alligator John

Reaction score
A waterproof electronics box or similar container just big enough to contain it would not be hard to come up with.

Alligator John

Reaction score
This would be a great opportunity for someone in the electronics business to develop a plug and play wire harness that plugs into the horn fuse location with inline fuse and pre programmed waterproofed timer ready for connection to a momentary switch. Marketed to affected Ram owners, it would sell like crazy.

mountainears

Reaction score
Such a thing exists, kind of, now that I think about it.

In the corvette world some of the years had an exhaust valve that you can open / close to make the car loud or quiet. Some just like it loud all the time and they pull the fuse. Others want to be able to control it so they use a remote controlled switch called mild to wild. It comes with a key fob remote that you could turn the fuse on or off. Or you could program that to your home link in your visor and just use that to control it.

Some people make their own, there are instructions for it out there. Others would buy it.

I think it could be adapted to this sort of a setup. Of course one could make it fancier with a timer but you could just turn your horn on or off with your home link visor button.

I actually have one I’m no longer using. If someone wants to try it out I can dig it up and send it to you. Just pay for shipping, no other cost.

2014-2019 C7 Corvette Mild2Wild Exhaust Remote - Turn Your Exhaust On or Off with The Touch of a Button https://a.co/d/bLkbnSZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrescottNorm

Reaction score
I've taught myself to just leave the door ajar when exiting to open the gate, etc. Still hoping for a software update with a toggle to disable for the I pay attention to my surroundings people.

CI6

Reaction score
Has anyone done a seat presence switch to trigger a relay that disconnects the horn? Would make the horn only available if someone is in the drivers seat.

CI6

Reaction score
My latest thought is just doing a simple momentary swicth inside the cabin, pressing it to disconnect the horn before going outside.

Would take out the horn fuse, use a fuse tap to disconnect the horn fuse and wire in this relay, setting it for closed position with a fuse for the horn, and wire to power the relay using a momemtary switch in the cabin to trigger the disconnect of the horn for 30 seconds. Press it before going outside, it only disconnects the horn for that 30 seconds. Not ideal but better than leaving the key fob.

mountainears

Reaction score
My offer to ship someone my remote fuse bypass that was used on my corvette still stands if anyone is interested (a few posts back)

CFE

Reaction score
My offer to ship someone my remote fuse bypass that was used on my corvette still stands if anyone is interested (a few posts back)

appreciate the offer but this honestly should be a relative easy program update for RAM/Stellantis to do and send out via OTA update. The fact we're on 130 comments from @RamCares original "feeler" post is ridiculous imo.

mountainears

Reaction score
You think it is fairly easy and maybe it is. But do you really think they will do it? I wouldn’t bet on it being updated, especially retroactively.

Given that case, and even if they do how long it will be before it is available, a pretty simple plug in option may be liked by some. Easy to put in, easy to remove if they ever patch. And much easier than the other option I documented but I’m happy I did it.

jebruns

Reaction score
You think it is fairly easy and maybe it is. But do you really think they will do it? I wouldn’t bet on it being updated, especially retroactively.
Yeah, time will tell.
Given that case, and even if they do how long it will be before it is available, a pretty simple plug in option may be liked by some. Easy to put in, easy to remove if they ever patch. And much easier than the other option I documented but I’m happy I did it.
But you need to have the VSIM option to make it work, correct?

CFE

Reaction score

It is easy - the code isn't difficult. Do I think they'll really do it - IDK, but why put the feeler thread out there in the first place? It's not like one of us/non-Stellantis employees started the thread.

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
It is easy - the code isn't difficult. Do I think they'll really do it - IDK, but why put the feeler thread out there in the first place? It's not like one of us/non-Stellantis employees started the thread.
It was implemented to address changing vehicle standards and to respond to numerous lawsuits by people too stupid to shut their vehicle off.

CFE

Reaction score
It was implemented to address changing vehicle standards and to respond to numerous lawsuits by people too stupid to shut their vehicle off.

Everyday something feeds into my critical theory that most people are morons.

Alligator John

Reaction score

Mountaineers,
I'm willing to give it a go. I don't have a garage, so will have an unused homelink button anyway. Can't hurt anything to try it after my truck gets here.

mountainears

Reaction score
Send me a PM. When I get home I’ll dig it out and send pics, give my thoughts. Hope I can find it quickly but I have a pretty good idea where it is.

Users who are viewing this thread