Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Love it! It's a life saver!

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I hate it! Get rid of it.

Votes: 110 33.5%
  • I'd like the option to disable it.

Votes: 213 64.9%

• Total voters

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Agreed. Any change will likely take at least many months to make it into a uConnect update.
This would not be a u connect update it would be a dealer visit to update the BCM likely

Lettikka

Reaction score
Love to have an update on this....So would my neighbor who lives right next to my gate. I get out to open the gate and she gets the chirps. I'm pretty fast and she is 81 so I am through the gate and gone by the time she gets to the door to see why I am beeping at her. :)

Alligator John

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been asked already. Could one add a switch in the cab to disconnect power to the horn itself? Then times when the horn would not be needed anyway like fuel stops and opening gates, one could just switch off power to the horn.

Lettikka

Reaction score
There have been solutions offered but nothing that simple. Sure seems like it could work and be simple to wire!!!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sorry if it has been asked already. Could one add a switch in the cab to disconnect power to the horn itself? Then times when the horn would not be needed anyway like fuel stops and opening gates, one could just switch off power to the horn.
Super simple solution is remove the fuse for the horn and wire it up with an interrupting switch and an inline fuse

Lettikka

Reaction score
I'm all over that. Only thing that keeps me from doing it this weekend is the remote hope that I will check this thread in the morning and it will be fixed as a part of an update. I am certain that will happen if I spend Saturday wiring a switch into the horn circuit!!

mountainears

Reaction score
You’re not going to see anything from Ram soon. My bet is you never will. That’s why I just wired something up (shown in my write up). I didn’t want something I’d forget and not have my horn when I needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alligator John

Reaction score
An idea I would think could also be done is to find a timed relay and use a momentary switch so that the power could be switched off then turn itself back on automatically after the preset delay. This would prevent one from forgetting about it being turned off and not work when the horn was actually needed.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Great minds think alike. I just did a quick google for that. Got nothing. Was searching for a switch that would break the circuit and reset after 15 seconds. My electrical lingo is pretty weak so that may be why i didn't find one.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
An idea I would think could also be done is to find a timed relay and use a momentary switch so that the power could be switched off then turn itself back on automatically after the preset delay. This would prevent one from forgetting about it being turned off and not work when the horn was actually needed.
Time delay relays would be better used on the horn power lead but i have yet to find a weather proof timedelay that works the only one i can find is HELLA and after buying 3 of them they were all NGF so that kills that solution.

In reality when do you actually NEED the horn

Alligator John

Reaction score
Great minds think alike. I just did a quick google for that. Got nothing. Was searching for a switch that would break the circuit and reset after 15 seconds. My electrical lingo is pretty weak so that may be why i didn't find one.
This company might have something. https://timers.shop/ Website says they do custom pre programmed timers. I bet they could put one together that does exactly what we are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread