Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Love it! It's a life saver!

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I hate it! Get rid of it.

Votes: 109 33.3%
  • I'd like the option to disable it.

Votes: 213 65.1%

• Total voters

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We'd love to get your opinion on how you feel about the Key Left Vehicle Feature otherwise known as the Three Horn Chirp, or the horn that sounds when you've left your Key Fob inside of your truck or when your truck is left running without the Key Fob inside.

bhal212

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We'd love to get your opinion on how you feel about the Key Left Vehicle Feature otherwise known as the Three Horn Chirp, or the horn that sounds when you've left your Key Fob inside of your truck or when your truck is left running without the Key Fob inside.
I loathe it. I don't have my truck yet, but my wife's Jeep has it and it's obnoxious.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I have a 2022 bighorn 3500 DRW and would like to be able to turn the 3 chirps of the horn off when the vehicle is running and I exit the vehicle with the keys in my pocket.

if there are federal safety standards that disallow it to be turned off - at a minimum I'd like to reduce it to a single low "beep" that isn't generated by the horn.

The ideal solution would be to have 3-4 options that each owner could select (three horn chirp, turn off completely, and then another option or two somewhere in between)

if this is for 2023s and newer....change it to a four horn sequence, at least then the general public would be glad mine only honks 3x

2019_Ram

Reaction score
I strongly dislike it and want it gone, but would happily settle for being able to disable it. On more than one occasion, it has caused unwanted attention.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
I want it gone one way or another. Dumbest feature on the truck.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just annoyed the heck out of the neighbors… hooking, moving, and backing a trailer. I bet it went off 4 times.

Yes, I should be “used” to it but it’s simply not logical which makes it difficult to adapt to.

mountainears

Reaction score
I spent hours and wrote up a whole article found in these forums on how to bypass it using the VSIM. It’s not easy but enough people loathe this that I’m sure it is being used.

Seems like it should easily be made a user controlled option that is on by default but can be disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Remove it or add option to select it. Being able to discretely leave vehicle running and lock it to run a quick errand was a big nice to have on the Ford.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jlmtmn79

Reaction score
make it to were it can be easily disabled by the end user. As i dont like it but my wife does for some odd reason

Users who are viewing this thread