Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I’m on Long Island and the price I got on 7/2 was $2800 +
I would have done it in a heartbeat for that!!
Now I’ll be flying to Houston next Wednesday and rent a car to lake charles. Got the flight on points and should have room points too so won’t be too expensive.
Was this before they started with gobuggy?
What route are you taking? I took RT10 through MS then RT20 into AL. RT20 in AL was quite possibly the worst highway I've ever driven on when I came home last year. It pounds the crap out of you for something like 20 miles. I am NOT looking forward to it when I make the trip in a cab and chassis 3500 when I get my new replacement. I may have to stop somewhere in LA and buy a bunch of lumber and figure a way to secure it to the frame.

mr hankey

Reaction score
What route are you taking? I took RT10 through MS then RT20 into AL. RT20 in AL was quite possibly the worst highway I've ever driven on when I came home last year. It pounds the crap out of you for something like 20 miles. I am NOT looking forward to it when I make the trip in a cab and chassis 3500 when I get my new replacement. I may have to stop somewhere in LA and buy a bunch of lumber and figure a way to secure it to the frame.
So far I’m thinking first stop in Mobile or Montgomery. Depending on when I get rolling. So that looks like 10 to 65?
If you regularly travel the LIE or BQE a rough road is something you’re already used to.
The wood would be to give you some weight I assume?
Just hoping for mostly dry weather.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
So far I’m thinking first stop in Mobile or Montgomery. Depending on when I get rolling. So that looks like 10 to 65?
If you regularly travel the LIE or BQE a rough road is something you’re already used to.
The wood would be to give you some weight I assume?
Just hoping for mostly dry weather.
I rolled out of NO at about 5:00 and drove about 4 hours before stopping for dinner and to find a hotel for the night. Ended up about 30 minutes south of Birmingham I believe. Got in the truck at 5AM and climbed into bed in very southern NH at 1AM. I picked up 81 in took that up to Scranton, PA.

The wood is for weight. My 2500 rides MUCH better with a load in the bed. I cant imagine how rough a 3500 with no bed will ride, but on the highway it might be manageable.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Heard from Aaron earlier. Getting everything in line to pay and have delivered. It’s around 940 miles with a $1,380.00 charge

davidh1329

Reaction score
Sandi says my truck in on the train headed to Port Allen and should be to MD and ready sometime in August. This has all gone fairly fast (sorry, to all those still waiting...)

Original plan was to fly to Lake Charles and drive home. About 12.5 hours (950 miles) to near Charleston, SC. Seems more "natural" to go to the dealership.
Now I am toying with flying to New Orleans and having them drop it off there. Saves a couple of hours and about 200 miles of driving for me.
I will also have them quote hauling it to my house. From above, looks to be around $1400 currently.

Question for anyone who picked-up in New Orleans (or Houston really). About how early did they deliver it to you? Was it before lunch? Were they close to the stated time? Thinking I might rather leave the dealership at my leisure than sit at a hotel waiting...
Thanks!

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
I plan on flying into lake Charles and just heading straight to the dealer. I'll make the drive home to Florida about 14 hours but probably space it over a few days so I can stop and play with my new truck

jenninr

Reaction score
Sandi says my truck in on the train headed to Port Allen and should be to MD and ready sometime in August. This has all gone fairly fast (sorry, to all those still waiting...)

Original plan was to fly to Lake Charles and drive home. About 12.5 hours (950 miles) to near Charleston, SC. Seems more "natural" to go to the dealership.
Now I am toying with flying to New Orleans and having them drop it off there. Saves a couple of hours and about 200 miles of driving for me.
I will also have them quote hauling it to my house. From above, looks to be around $1400 currently.

Question for anyone who picked-up in New Orleans (or Houston really). About how early did they deliver it to you? Was it before lunch? Were they close to the stated time? Thinking I might rather leave the dealership at my leisure than sit at a hotel waiting...
Thanks!
I got off the plane at 9:50, texted the driver, and I was in the truck by 10:00. Swung back by the parking lot where the drivers ride was waiting and I was on my way. Truck had like 230 miles on it I think. I can't remember the name of the guy that coordinates it but he talked like they will do just about anytime for pickup but he prefers during business hours so his driver's aren't driving at night.

mr hankey

Reaction score
I’m on Long Island and the price I got on 7/2 was $2800 +
I would have done it in a heartbeat for that!!
Now I’ll be flying to Houston next Wednesday and rent a car to lake charles. Got the flight on points and should have room points too so won’t be too expensive.
Was this before they started with gobuggy?
Flew in Wednesday and got to Mark at about 3?
Returned my rental and got on the road later than I thought.
Met Aaron,Thomas, and my delivery guy Derek. All super nice people. Went very smooth
I’d gladly buy for them again!
Expenses haven’t been much. Seems to get close to 20 mpg (Cummins). I’ll figure it out exactly when it’s over!
8-10 hours driving a day is about all I can do especially by myself.
Totally worth it!!

Attachments

• E77F0370-228B-46AC-9724-C4CE6372C9CE.jpeg
    E77F0370-228B-46AC-9724-C4CE6372C9CE.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 20

Chriss626

Reaction score
Getting mine transported by a private company saves me $750 compare to what was quoted. Getting it this Sunday!2BCA17E1-A3F3-4E23-9D45-8C5D9F911A80.png

mwalsh9152

Reaction score

Thanks!
in my experience, flying into NO saved me money on the flight, and saved me time too. I was able to get a direct flight into NO, but into Lake Charles would have required a connection, and would have put me in much later. That coupled with the additional 2 hours of driving east from MD would have pushed me into a third day of travel, and an additional nights hotel expense. I had mine delivered to a branch of my company, so I just told them to have it there before 4:00. From what it sounds like, they can have it waiting for you to land.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I originally planned to fly in and pick the truck up, but wasn’t able to. MD made it super easy. Found transport to North of ATL for $800. They did all the legwork, I just paid the guy.

I originally planned to fly in and pick the truck up, but wasn’t able to. MD made it super easy. Found transport to North of ATL for $800. They did all the legwork, I just paid the guy.

I think I saw your truck at Ingles yesterday! Can't be many green DRW regular cabs with mark dodge mud flaps floating around N. Ga.

Illymost

Reaction score
I think I saw your truck at Ingles yesterday! Can't be many green DRW regular cabs with mark dodge mud flaps floating around N. Ga.
That was me, haha. Small world.

I’m not crazy about the MD mud flaps but realistically, I’ve got a **** ton of things to do before I mess with them. Probably never will.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
That was me, haha. Small world.

I’m not crazy about the MD mud flaps but realistically, I’ve got a **** ton of things to do before I mess with them. Probably never will.

That's a good looking truck!

762fmj

Reaction score
I'm planning a fly and drive from NE FL. Sandi told me they would pick me up at any airport within their delivery radius. Plan is to fly into NOLA (cheapest direct flights I could find) have them take me to the dealer, then spend the weekend in NOLA. Seems kind of roundabout to go from NOLA to MD and back, but I'm anal retentive about inspecting my truck and it will save me over $200 to fly into NOLA vs into Lake Charles.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Will be flying into Dallas from Long Island (non stop from JFK likely). Renting a car then spending a day in Waco. Wife wants to see the Magnolia place the fixer upper people have. Kind of a bargaining chip I got for her to go along with all this, lol

Then off to MD, pick up truck, return rental, then to NO for a day maybe 2. Stop in NC on the way north see some relatives. Then Wind Creek in Bethlehem PA before the final 3+ hours home.

Looking at early sept for the truck to come in. Maybe the oven will be turned down a little down there and wont be so hot.

What rental car company is being used that will offer drop off in Lake Charles?

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Appreciate it. How much longer do you have to wait?

Mine was ordered 6/20, so it's only been a month. I'm hoping for 4 months total, but that may be wishful thinking. We live over in Cumming, but my wife is from your area. We've been looking for land up that way so we're up there quite a bit.

Illymost

Reaction score
Mine was ordered 6/20, so it's only been a month. I'm hoping for 4 months total, but that may be wishful thinking. We live over in Cumming, but my wife is from your area. We've been looking for land up that way so we're up there quite a bit.
Nice. Yeah we found a parcel up here about 10 years ago. Have loved it, but it’s getting congested.

mr hankey

Reaction score
Will be flying into Dallas from Long Island (non stop from JFK likely). Renting a car then spending a day in Waco. Wife wants to see the Magnolia place the fixer upper people have. Kind of a bargaining chip I got for her to go along with all this, lol

Then off to MD, pick up truck, return rental, then to NO for a day maybe 2. Stop in NC on the way north see some relatives. Then Wind Creek in Bethlehem PA before the final 3+ hours home.

Looking at early sept for the truck to come in. Maybe the oven will be turned down a little down there and wont be so hot.

What rental car company is being used that will offer drop off in Lake Charles?
I did it from Houston. I used Hertz but upon returning I saw signs for 4 other companies. Didn’t pay enough attention to remember them. Very tiny airport in Lake Charles.
I stayed 3 nights total on the trip.
Filled up 3 times with final fill in Baltimore. Didn’t fill here since prices are so much higher here. Waiting…
Used a total of 71.54 gallons up to Baltimore for a total of $383.68. (Chase freedom card gives 5% back this quarter at gas stations so that would lower it by $19.18.) Haven’t looked at toll charges yet. Arrived in Sayville with 3/4 tank still.
I see you’re here on the island so you’re technically not allowed on parkways. I took the BQE to the expressway. I’m sure I could have tried to play stupid with the Louisiana tags on it but since I have the class A he would say “nice try”. I’m sure not many get pulled over for that though
Well worth the trip since my price quote was 2800+
All good people at Mark Dodge!

JimKIII

Reaction score
I did it from Houston. I used Hertz but upon returning I saw signs for 4 other companies. Didn’t pay enough attention to remember them. Very tiny airport in Lake Charles.
I stayed 3 nights total on the trip.
Filled up 3 times with final fill in Baltimore. Didn’t fill here since prices are so much higher here. Waiting…
Used a total of 71.54 gallons up to Baltimore for a total of $383.68. (Chase freedom card gives 5% back this quarter at gas stations so that would lower it by $19.18.) Haven’t looked at toll charges yet. Arrived in Sayville with 3/4 tank still.
I see you’re here on the island so you’re technically not allowed on parkways. I took the BQE to the expressway. I’m sure I could have tried to play stupid with the Louisiana tags on it but since I have the class A he would say “nice try”. I’m sure not many get pulled over for that though
Well worth the trip since my price quote was 2800+
All good people at Mark Dodge!
What do you mean, 'you’re technically not allowed on parkways'? Where is this you're talking about? Are there restrictions on what type of trucks can drive on certain roads? As down-right oppressive as King Co/Washington state is, I know of no restrictions concerning pickup trucks; heavy construction rigs, semis, and the like sure, but not 3/4 or 1 ton trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread