Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Just curious what others are doing as far as receiving their truck. I'm near Atlanta, and plan to either fly into Lafayette and Lyft to the dealership or just have it delivered by truck. I'm about 650 miles from the dealer, so I assume delivery will be around $750.

CFE

Reaction score
My plan, fly into Houston on Friday eve, have MD reps trailer my truck to my hotel or pick me up and take me to the dealer - and drive home after the wire and paperwork is complete - I'm about the same distance, bit north of you.

arx237

Reaction score
They will pick you up, no need to uberlift.

I believe their range is 200 miles. Anywhere in that circle they will either drive you in or bring your truck to you.

Super easy to coordinate.

jenninr

Reaction score
I flew into New Orleans and they met me there with the truck and I drove it home the same day to North Alabama. They will bring the truck anywhere within 250 miles of the dealership for free. They don't trailer it though they drive it to you.

slowindown

Reaction score
I’m about 230 miles from lake Charles so they’re supposed to bring it to me.

Will they fill it up before they drop it off to you?

BAT3500

Reaction score

I am about the same distance from MD. They delivered mine in April on a weekday and picked my old truck up. The new truck was filled up, cleaned and preped before it left the dealer. I was completely happy with that, easily saved a whole workday for me. By far the best vehicle buying experience i have had in my 40+ years of driving.

Cseybert

Reaction score
My plan, fly into Houston on Friday eve, have MD reps trailer my truck to my hotel or pick me up and take me to the dealer - and drive home after the wire and paperwork is complete - I'm about the same distance, bit north of you.
You may wanna check with MD they’re not gonna trailer your truck unless you pay extra they’re going to drive your truck and meet you. Let me know if I’m wrong.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I am about the same distance from MD. They delivered mine in April on a weekday and picked my old truck up. The new truck was filled up, cleaned and preped before it left the dealer. I was completely happy with that, easily saved a whole workday for me. By far the best vehicle buying experience i have had in my 40+ years of driving.
I take it you did a trade in? Did they give you a good price for your old truck?

arx237

Reaction score

My understanding is they fill it once at the dealer. You pick up there you show a full tank, they drive to you and you get whats left over.

BAT3500

Reaction score
I take it you did a trade in? Did they give you a good price for your old truck?
In my case yes they did offer very good trade in price. I use my trucks to tow for various events or jobs during spring and summer months and couldn't take the time to sell direct and risk being without tow vehicle.

Illymost

Reaction score
I originally planned to fly in and pick the truck up, but wasn’t able to. MD made it super easy. Found transport to North of ATL for $800. They did all the legwork, I just paid the guy.

PD Luke

Reaction score
We were super lucky. Timing worked out great for us to make a spring break family trip. We flew into New Orleans and spent the day. Rented a car 1 way to Lake Charles and stayed 1 night. My wife took the 2 boys driving on the Creole Nature Trail while I was at the dealer going all the details on the new truck. We had the rest of the week to get back to Northern Illinois. We took 4 days pointing generally North with no pre-planned route or hotel reservations. Just a good old fashioned road trip. We had an awesome time!

mwalsh9152

Reaction score

I flew into New Orleans, and they brought the truck to me there. I got it with the balance of the full tank that it had when it left the dealership.

RichM752

Reaction score
Shipped it Sacramento. It was worth the $1600 just to avoid driving across Texas.
After one way air transportation, fuel costs, hotels, and that boring 900 mile drive across Texas, it was a no brainer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread