Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

AK_Rams

Reaction score
I will be flying down with the wife, road tripping to Seattle, and putting it on the boat to Alaska. It will be a nice little get away for me and her and time for me to enjoy my new truck. Barring them telling me they can ship it to Seattle for pennies, I'm making that drive. Reading everyone else's stories for months no matter what, you will be taken care of by MD.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I flew to New Orleans from the east coast and got a room that night. The next morning they met me at the hotel and I drove home. They will do 250miles for free (at least back in December they did), but they will drive it a few not trailer it. Their driver was very respectful of the truck.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
So today CJ delivered my truck about 50 miles outside Lake Charles, he was great, polite, professional, and truck was in fantastic condition.

Art was on point with delivery communications and everything went as planned. Highly recommend if within that 250 miles.

AK_Rams

Reaction score
So today CJ delivered my truck about 50 miles outside Lake Charles, he was great, polite, professional, and truck was in fantastic condition.

Art was on point with delivery communications and everything went as planned. Highly recommend if within that 250 miles.
I'm on my way down next Thursday from Alaska. They are meeting us at the airport in Houston and then we are heading straight to Dallas for our first stop on the way to Seattle. Then a boat ride home.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I'm on my way down next Thursday from Alaska. They are meeting us at the airport in Houston and then we are heading straight to Dallas for our first stop on the way to Seattle. Then a boat ride home.
Ah yes, driving the old Marine Highway! Hopefully you got a cabin and you're not having to pitch a tent on the metal deck!

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I working with some resources on my end to help out @kennyarsen and @Andersen24 get their vehicles from MD to cali. If anyone is interested in pricing let me know your zip.

I am merely facilitating and focused on helping fellow forum members, not getting any cuts or kickbacks. I believe volume may help reduce costs, we shall see.

should be getting a callback from one of my feelers today, the other i am reaching out to today. will also be comparing enclosed and open costs.

mr hankey

Reaction score
View attachment 40073
I had Mark Dodge arrange the shipping. $1,500 to New York. Worked out perfect.
I’m on Long Island and the price I got on 7/2 was $2800 +
I would have done it in a heartbeat for that!!
Now I’ll be flying to Houston next Wednesday and rent a car to lake charles. Got the flight on points and should have room points too so won’t be too expensive.
Was this before they started with gobuggy?

Jeremyh

Reaction score
I’m on Long Island and the price I got on 7/2 was $2800 +
I would have done it in a heartbeat for that!!
Now I’ll be flying to Houston next Wednesday and rent a car to lake charles. Got the flight on points and should have room points too so won’t be too expensive.
Was this before they started with gobuggy?
they will pick you up at the airport for free and take you back to the dealership.

mr hankey

Reaction score
they will pick you up at the airport for free and take you back to the dealership.
Aaron did say he could arrange a ride but I thought this might be quicker and less of a hassle. For $110 I’m fine with it and it beats a 7 hour layover to fly.

Jeremyh

Reaction score
Aaron did say he could arrange a ride but I thought this might be quicker and less of a hassle. For $110 I’m fine with it and it beats a 7 hour layover to fly.
i saw the layover and wanted to get there quicker too. they will be picking me up at the airport when i land and driving directly back. pretty excited for tomorrow!!

JimKIII

Reaction score
What route are you taking to get to Seattle? In February I took the southern route through Texas to Calif and up through Oregan to 30 miles east of Seattle. It was just a little over 3,000 miles. This time of year I'd shun the southern route and take the NW route. It'll same you about 400 miles to Seattle.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
When they get it and ready I’m gonna have them deliver it to NC. It’s around 900 miles, hope it isn’t a outrageous price per mile.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Ah yes, driving the old Marine Highway! Hopefully you got a cabin and you're not having to pitch a tent on the metal deck!
I pitched a tent once on the back deck and next time just used the old sleeping bag on a deck chair under the solarium on the Marine Highway ferry from Juneau to Skagway and back. Loved those trips! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

AK_Rams

Reaction score
What route are you taking to get to Seattle? In February I took the southern route through Texas to Calif and up through Oregan to 30 miles east of Seattle. It was just a little over 3,000 miles. This time of year I'd shun the southern route and take the NW route. It'll same you about 400 miles to Seattle.
My sister is in Denver so we are stopping there from Dallas. After that we'll hit Idaho before we make it into Seattle. The truck will be given to Matson for the last leg of the trip over the water while Delta gets me back to Anchorage. The flights and hotels were free with miles/points. Gas and the boat ride will be the only expense getting it back home to Alaska.

JimKIII

Reaction score
My sister is in Denver so we are stopping there from Dallas. After that we'll hit Idaho before we make it into Seattle. The truck will be given to Matson for the last leg of the trip over the water while Delta gets me back to Anchorage. The flights and hotels were free with miles/points. Gas and the boat ride will be the only expense getting it back home to Alaska.
Have a great time! Fill us in on the adventure as you head back up NW.

Linked4door

Reaction score
When they get it and ready I’m gonna have them deliver it to NC. It’s around 900 miles, hope it isn’t a outrageous price per mile.
Back in December when I got quotes it was around $750-1k to central nc, but that was when diesel was 2.85/gallon. The drive wasn't bad, I just wish i wouldn't have done it in one trip.

beckty85

Reaction score
Shipped it Sacramento. It was worth the $1600 just to avoid driving across Texas.
After one way air transportation, fuel costs, hotels, and that boring 900 mile drive across Texas, it was a no brainer for me.
great deal at 1600. I eneded up at 2900 for my dually to Pismo beach area

Users who are viewing this thread