Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

mr hankey

Reaction score
How much DEF did you use? Was it full when you picked it up?
It was slightly past half full on delivery which I assume is about a bottles worth of the blue def. I bought one 0n the trip and used it. Now that I’m home after 1650 miles I’m back at just over half again. So I suppose I used a box full all together.
And it’s expensive in a gas station!! Gonna get some here at less than $10 each from Sams to make up for overpaying!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Those that opted to have your truck delivered, how long after MD posted it for transport did it take to be picked up ? The guy told me it could take up to 4 days.

Illymost

Reaction score
Those that opted to have your truck delivered, how long after MD posted it for transport did it take to be picked up ? The guy told me it could take up to 4 days.
2 for me, but it is all chance. There happened to be a guy taking 2 other cars to a spot 20 minutes from me and he picked up mine as well.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to head down on Monday. I should be in houston around 10AM. MD is having someone pick me up and bring me back to the dealer. Hoping to be on the road by 1ish with my new truck. It is a 16 hour drive home for me so Ill probably do 6-8 hours the first day and the rest on tuesday. Heading straight north out of lake charles towards Iowa with an overnight in Fort Smith. Any advice?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to head down on Monday. I should be in houston around 10AM. MD is having someone pick me up and bring me back to the dealer. Hoping to be on the road by 1ish with my new truck. It is a 16 hour drive home for me so Ill probably do 6-8 hours the first day and the rest on tuesday. Heading straight north out of lake charles towards Iowa with an overnight in Fort Smith. Any advice?
Mine came with only a 1/2 tank of Def, might want to fill it up. My tires were almost at max with air pressure but it was sparatic with the amount. Take 30 min to figure out the radio and cluster before leaving.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I keep hearing to make sure all fuses are seated.

QuattroCS

Reaction score

check out the list above,

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
Just signed papers on mine. I'll be flying out on the 4th, picking it up on the 5th and heading home 14 hours. Pretty smooth process so far. Most pleasant dealer experience I've had yet

kevin588127

Reaction score
Just signed papers on mine. I'll be flying out on the 4th, picking it up on the 5th and heading home 14 hours. Pretty smooth process so far. Most pleasant dealer experience I've had yet
Same experience. Had a bit of a paperwork snafu during finance but Reggie got it taken care of. My sales guys wasn't as good as what some others have bragged about but he did answer me promptly every time I made an inquiry. I will definitely recommend them or buy again in the future.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Mine came with only a 1/2 tank of Def, might want to fill it up. My tires were almost at max with air pressure but it was sparatic with the amount. Take 30 min to figure out the radio and cluster before leaving.
No def for me

No def for me but according to the ram app, the tires are at max psi. Good tip on the radio thing as that will be my only company for the next day and a half.

I have the PDI thing downloaded to my phone. I probably won't go that in depth. Planned on a good walk around, check the fluids, seat the fuses, air the tires down, ensure the options and optional parts are there. I'd like to hook up the trailer cam to ensure that it works but not sure what difference it makes while I'm there. If it doesn't work, my local dealer will have to sort it out anyway. At this point in the game, barring any major issues, I'm pretty much going home with this truck, lol.

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
Same experience. Had a bit of a paperwork snafu during finance but Reggie got it taken care of. My sales guys wasn't as good as what some others have bragged about but he did answer me promptly every time I made an inquiry. I will definitely recommend them or buy again in the future.
I didn't have much interaction with my sales guy other than sending my build and inquiring about shipping when the tracker updated. He pretty much called me when the order was placed and when the truck got to the dealer. Finance went decently smooth.

Bombaman

Reaction score
For anyone thats flying into Lake Charles and heading back east, since the 1st of August, the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge has been deemed a Saftey Corridor, and they are in the process of procuring Point-To-Point speed camera for the bridge. So probably not a whole lot of notice when they go live. But in the interim additional patrols (ontop of the normal ones) and permenantly increased fines.

Essentially its a good 18 mile strech to abide by the break-in procedure :D

762fmj

Reaction score
For anyone thats flying into Lake Charles and heading back east, since the 1st of August, the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge has been deemed a Saftey Corridor, and they are in the process of procuring Point-To-Point speed camera for the bridge. So probably not a whole lot of notice when they go live. But in the interim additional patrols (ontop of the normal ones) and permenantly increased fines.

Essentially its a good 18 mile strech to abide by the break-in procedure :D

Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably be going through there.

duckhunter71

Reaction score
My intention was to rent a car one-way from Texarkana, AR to Lake Charles, LA. We would leave early, finish up the deal, and then drive to my sister's house in New Orleans for the weekend. Since delivery to the dealership is a little unpredictable, I wasn't able to book a rental car in time and the only option I found was $1200 versus the $120 I had seen a month or so prior. Airfare had increased a lot at that point as well, so we opted to have the truck delivered to us in Texarkana, AR. It was about 20 miles beyond their 250 mile delivery range, but they were happy to accommodate and brought it to me in perfect condition. I really liked their drivers and feel like they took good care of the truck. Overall, a 10/10 experience that I will do again!

dogbreath650

Reaction score
If you're doing a trade-in do I have to drive it to Lake Charles or can I have them deliver the new one AND pick up the trade in somewhere 200 miles closer to home?

davidh1329

Reaction score
If you're doing a trade-in do I have to drive it to Lake Charles or can I have them deliver the new one AND pick up the trade in somewhere 200 miles closer to home?
I drove my trade to New Orleans and they met me early on a Saturday morning to swap. Super easy!

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Fly in. Drive home.

It will be an adventure.

knightro84

Reaction score
Can someone that ordered a dually from MD post a pic of the mud flaps they install? The dealer I bought my 2016 from in Texas installed a pretty nice set on that truck and I wasn't able to remove them after it got totaled. Would love to see what MD throws on their DRW trucks.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Can someone that ordered a dually from MD post a pic of the mud flaps they install? The dealer I bought my 2016 from in Texas installed a pretty nice set on that truck and I wasn't able to remove them after it got totaled. Would love to see what MD throws

Attachments

• 20211211_085134.jpg
    20211211_085134.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 44

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
They brought my new one and took my old one. I've never physically seen Mark Dodge in real life!

Users who are viewing this thread