Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Not true thats only if registered over 4500kg, and its every year now not 2 years, im registered at 4490 so i don't have to do testing or annual safety or testing. One nice thing to be in the north we dont get bothered like you would be
I stand corrected. My old 2003 dually required testing every 2 years to get the sticker for the plates. And it was registered for 3500 KG. The 21 dually is registered for 4000 KG or about 10,000 lbs, even though the the RGVW is 1400 lbs. So something changed after the last test on the 2003 in the fall of 2017. Good to know I won't have to go through that crap again. Although the goverment can change their minds at any time.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I stand corrected. My old 2003 dually required testing every 2 years to get the sticker for the plates. And it was registered for 3500 KG. The 21 dually is registered for 4000 KG or about 10,000 lbs, even though the the RGVW is 1400 lbs. So something changed after the last test on the 2003 in the fall of 2017. Good to know I won't have to go through that crap again. Although the goverment can change their minds at any time.
Yea last year they made the change which is ridiculous but they are trying to push the older transports off the road faster. Doug Ford made that clear

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Still need to take the ram into the dealer for some warranty items. Can we refuse this recall be done? I don’t want anymore emissions software added. Do we have the right to refuse?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Still need to take the ram into the dealer for some warranty items. Can we refuse this recall be done? I don’t want anymore emissions software added. Do we have the right to refuse?

You don’t state what year your truck is, nor is your sig filled out, but you have another thread stating a 2022. The 22’s aren’t going to be recalled, the 21-23’s rolled off the assembly line with the fix already in place.

Post #281 in this thread has a handy chart for what’s being recalled.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Not in California. We have very few rights in California, but we do have a sh!tload of wrongs.
This is a screenshot straight from California’s CARB website, and they have a clear, one word answer for if the recall needs to be done to pass smog or to register the truck:

IMG_0258.jpeg

WRCLVR

Reaction score
This is a screenshot straight from California’s CARB website, and they have a clear, one word answer for if the recall needs to be done to pass smog or to register the truck:

View attachment 68122
Well that is only proposed NOT yet agreed upon and implemented. Lets just wait and see.

CaptainMike

Reaction score

View attachment 68122
This is not their usual MO, and I will not be surprised when they do make it a requirement. Now, let's talk about lawn mowers in California...

gimmie11s

Reaction score

View attachment 68122

Quite a shock right there, but great news.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Sounds like they came up with this to extort money from Cummins and don’t care whether you have it done or not. If it was done because of lethal emissions, as they claim, it would be mandatory with no exceptions.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Sounds like they came up with this to extort money from Cummins and don’t care whether you have it done or not. If it was done because of lethal emissions, as they claim, it would be mandatory with no exceptions.
A good point. Because 67A isn't mandatory I think all the fuss that it's part of correcting the the violation might be wrong. I think there's a recall coming, yet to be EPA approved, that will be mandatory and may affect performance like the AEM recall did to the Ecoduesels. I hope my thinking is wrong.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It’s definitely about extortion and not about punishing a company for disregarding the rules and lying for years about it.

flan

Reaction score
So I’ve been in and out of this thread, maybe I missed it. But if the fix is to just inject more def what did fca/cummins gain by not just doing that in the first place?

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Taking into account that most things are "fake news" in today's time, yesterday I heard TFL mention the bulk of the Cummins fines were to be used to update the older locomotive engines that they made. I too am thinking extortion......

Billcf7

Reaction score
THIS ARTICLE WILL THROW ALL THIS STUPIDIDITY OUT THE WINDOW

YOU CAN’T MESS WITH MOTHER NATURE.
Ian Plimer has conducted some brilliant lectures and been interviewed frequently by the media.
Wish there were more like him. I notice that Tim Flannery has been very quiet for years!
The Evils Of Carbon Dioxide
By:professor Ian Rutherford Plimer
An Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne,professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books, and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.
These are his extensive credentials:
Born: 12 February 1946
Residence: Australia
Nationality: Australian
Fields of Study: Earth Science, Geology,
Mining Engineering Institutions:
University of New England,
University of Newcastle,
University of Melbourne,
University of Adelaide
Alma Maters: University of New South Wales, Macquarie University
Thesis: The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards; Eureka Prize (1995, 2002), Centenary Medal(2003), Clarke Medal (2004)
A few excerpts from Professor Plimer's newest book
Where Does Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

PLIMER : "Okay, here's the bombshell -- the 2016 volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash, in just four days it NEGATED every single effort you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress. It's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know.... it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50-cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs..... well, all of those things you have done went down the tubes in just four days!

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere by that volcano in Iceland totally erased every single effort made worldwide to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely -save-the-Earth' moment and mention the effect of natural solar and cosmic activity, and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact is that the wildfire season across the western USA and Australia in 2019 alone negated efforts to reduce carbon in our world over the following two to three years. And these types of events happen every year somewhere on the planet.

So just remember if your government imposes a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the BOGUS 'human-caused' climate-change scenario, it won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure. Is it really so hard to understand that Mother Nature massively dominates any human efforts on climate?

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but have labeled it 'Climate Change'? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century as measured in 2010, and global warming advocates got caught with their pants down.

21st century climate alarmism is a mental disorder, whipped along for its own purposes by the UN Climate Change Panel of scientific "experts"

Users who are viewing this thread