Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

dmcent63

Reaction score
Has anyone deciphered the selections under Battery Type-Battery ID- . It offers ID’s 1-15. My assumption is they would reference Types and/or capacities. IMG_2837.jpeg

rampulse

Reaction score
I finally calibrated my speedo for 37s tonight and I can’t believe how much better the AISIN shifts now. Damn I feel like a lazy turd. Found some solid instructions on here including info on clearing the specific fault codes which was super helpful.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Are there any ACC settings available in AlfaOBD? Looking to simmer down the braking/acceleration

uplander

Reaction score
Alright. If I go into preferences and check “Do not verify ECU model” I can finally see stuff (just trying to lower TPMS thresholds lol). But I’m a little nervous by this warning on this checkbox…
Thank you for posting... I have had the same issue and could not get in due to the verification. will try this tonight. I appreciate you working through this with the group!

GatorNation

Reaction score
Good evening all -

I’m having no luck connecting my 2019 PW to AlphaOBD by way of Kaodtech and LinkerMC. I am using Alpha on a Windows 7 laptop and Bluetooth appears to connect to the Linker.

My bypass cable was at first swapped due to Kaodtech changing the wires/bases around but it now has blue/yellow in the connector closest to the drivers seat.

When I try to connect Alpha, it saying it’s trying to connect to CAN then gives me an error that it’s not receiving from the interface.

Any ideas? Thank you for any guidance.

GatorNation

Reaction score
Good evening all -

I’m having no luck connecting my 2019 PW to AlphaOBD by way of Kaodtech and LinkerMC. I am using Alpha on a Windows 7 laptop and Bluetooth appears to connect to the Linker.

My bypass cable was at first swapped due to Kaodtech changing the wires/bases around but it now has blue/yellow in the connector closest to the drivers seat.

When I try to connect Alpha, it saying it’s trying to connect to CAN then gives me an error that it’s not receiving from the interface.

Any ideas? Thank you for any guidance.
Problem solved - laptop change and we are in business. Fog dropout and current gear done. Ready for 35s now that I can correct speedo!

WarrenD

Reaction score
I have the same colors, I plugged the white plug W blue/yellow wires into the first bus (closest to driver). And the the black plug into the second bus. was able to change head lamps & reverse to LED so far.
Wonder does it matter which one ya plug these into, as long as there not on the same bus?

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
I searched this thread for "temperature" and didn't find any results. Is it possible to modify the threshold for turning on heat/heated seats/heated steering wheel on remote start? On my 2017 1500 LImited when I used the remote start and it was below 40 degrees, the truck would turn on the heated items automatically. I'm picking up a new truck this weekend and an alfa for the wireless charger install. I would like to enable the heated settings at, say 60 or 55 degrees as opposed to below 40.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I searched this thread for "temperature" and didn't find any results. Is it possible to modify the threshold for turning on heat/heated seats/heated steering wheel on remote start? On my 2017 1500 LImited when I used the remote start and it was below 40 degrees, the truck would turn on the heated items automatically. I'm picking up a new truck this weekend and an alfa for the wireless charger install. I would like to enable the heated settings at, say 60 or 55 degrees as opposed to below 40.
I’ve looked around in AlfaOBD and don’t see anything that seems likely to control this, looking at everything with “heat”, “temp”, “remote”, or “threshold” in it.

DougB

Reaction score
It’s in the heated seat module which Alfa cannot CAN access. We’re stuck with the shortsighted Ram engineers’ decision of hard coding the heated features on below 40 and cooled seats on above 80.

Edit: See how to find in @Jimmy07 ’s post below.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s in the heated seat module which Alfa cannot access. We’re stuck with the shortsighted Ram engineers’ decision of hard coding the heated features on below 40 and cooled seats on above 80.

And only the driver seat... Ugh.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Instead of connecting to the body computer, you’ll connect to the comfort seats and wheel module. That’s where you’ll find the auto on temp limits adjustments:
Screenshot_20231228-055356.jpeg

Screenshot_20231228-055544.jpeg

Screenshot_20231228-055551.jpeg

DougB

Reaction score
Excellent! I stand corrected.

Just got my bypass cable last week and haven’t had time to get into using AlfaOBD. Looking forward to adjusting tire diameter, TPMS threshold and now this!!

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding how to increase the 85 mph governed cruise control. I know this is an old thread. Can you advise how to get to this menu within the alphaobd s/w? This is probably the most annoying thing on my Ram, second to the weak sub.

Did you read post #1315?

Users who are viewing this thread