Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
Has anyone played with AlfaOBD on their 2019 HD's yet? I'm curious if anything is accessible to "change" and if it just works. There is lots of different info out there on other forums, but i haven't found anything in regards to the 2019's.

EDIT: AlfaOBD does work, here is the what is needed to use it on 2019 and newer HD Rams:
- The Android app from google play store, or windows download from AlfaOBD.com. (Windows version strongly recommended) (AlfaOBD is Windows/Android only)
- A Bluetooth interface such as OBDLink MX+ or OBDLink LX (cheaper than the MX+ if you don't need iOS support or use on Ford or GM (MX+ comes with a choice))
vgate vLinker MC or MC+ works as well as the OBDLink and is half the cost.
- And a bypass harness to bypass the security gateway module so changes can be made- https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass

[MOD: Adding a pic of the KAOdTECH bypass cable connections to reduce the daily question]

White/Green wire to WHITE base connector (CANBUS-IHS)
Yellow/Blue wire to BLACK base connector (CANBUS-C)
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...module-location-for-programmer.440/post-26099
index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
It worked on my 2019 to turn off the low tire warning after I lowered the air pressure in the tires. I didn't try anything else though.

Did you have to get a security bypass cable to make the TPMS change? I ordered one, just need to install it.

Motoman501

Reaction score
I did need the bypass cable. On another forum I found instructions on how to turn the warnings off without needing the trucks pin number. My dash still shows current pressures but no warning lights or reminders to fill up.

Reaction score
Very interested in global window open and power fold mirror off key fob. Would be interested to see if this is possible.
Are either of those factory options in the new HDs? If not, it's probably going to be the same as the older HDs as the new trucks aren't "officially supported" by AlfaOBD yet. On the 2013-2017's you can enable global window open but it only works sometimes, and power fold with fob isn't possible.

HORam

Reaction score
Thanks for the attempt. Much appreciated. On another note has anybody tried the Tazer by Z Automotive? It listed capability of several of these functions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

heyguy

Reaction score
anyone know if there is s setting that can be changed to enable both front heated seats with when remote starting the vehicle? just does it for the drivers one from factory.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it with the aux switches ? If I can find the part number for the 6 bank no PO only with traction control & tow/haul I plan on getting the OBD

BigSwede

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it with the aux switches ? If I can find the part number for the 6 bank no PO only with traction control & tow/haul I plan on getting the OBD

For 19+ trucks the part number you want is 68376640AE

There are a couple threads about it. One of them is here:

I’m working on getting mine going in my ‘19 Power Wagon now. It will take a fabricated harness and aftermarket relays/relay box to make it work.

82DBEFE2-0101-4A97-BE08-23C49A34401B.jpeg

kristof

Reaction score
I'm using it on my 2020 2500 and it works perfectly. I purchased the bypass from kaodtech

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
For 19+ trucks the part number you want is 68376640AE

There are a couple threads about it. One of them is here:

I’m working on getting mine going in my ‘19 Power Wagon now. It will take a fabricated harness and aftermarket relays/relay box to make it work.

View attachment 7953
Thank you ! Isn’t that part number the one that still has the park sensors ? My big horn is basic and only has the two toggle switches for traction control and tow haul.

the other posts do agree that fabricating a box is easier than trying to go OEM and that’s my plan too. Any luck with the OBD activating the switches ?
Thank you again for the help !

Users who are viewing this thread