Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

RJ1972

Reaction score
I purchased one back in the beginning of 2022. But I purchased it for my 19 1500 Rebel. It has 1 white and 1 green connector. Circled in the photo, the green won't fit my canbus junction box. I sent an email to kaodtech, just haven't gotten a response. Figured I'd check here if;
Anyone, knew if I can just replace the green connector, will it work on my 2023 2500 Big Horn? Not sure if the wiring diagram / schematic is the same, just different connectors. Or do I have to purchase another cable for the Big Horn?
Also, if it would work, anyone know a link to that connector (white one)?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_101609_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_101609_Samsung Internet.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 22

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I purchased one back in the beginning of 2022. But I purchased it for my 19 1500 Rebel. It has 1 white and 1 green connector. Circled in the photo, the green won't fit my canbus junction box. I sent an email to kaodtech, just haven't gotten a response. Figured I'd check here if;
Anyone, knew if I can just replace the green connector, will it work on my 2023 2500 Big Horn? Not sure if the wiring diagram / schematic is the same, just different connectors. Or do I have to purchase another cable for the Big Horn?
Also, if it would work, anyone know a link to that connector (white one)?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
@Jimmy07 may know

Ostracize

Reaction score
Anyone with an iDash, Edge, etc. monitor seen the DPFDIS and DPFTIM parameters reset to 0 after making AlfaOBD adjustments? Not sure which change did it. I changed TPMS, heat/vent auto temp, heat display, and tire diameter. Wondering if tire diameter did it because had to clear codes/faults to remove CEL from Engine module for invalid speed sensor code.

As for front camera, buttons are still there and work. Overhead works. Only have Grid lines set to yes via AlfaOBD but there’s no selections in radio to select them.
Which gridlines did you get working? The tire track trail cam ones? If possible maybe a pic of them? I have a 21 limited 3500 and am not sure if this is something that applies to mine. Probably separate, but I've also wondered if there was a setting in Alfaobd to have the front camera automatically come on when the front sensors see something.
Back in November I tried to get the performance pages to work but no luck.

DougB

Reaction score
Which gridlines did you get working? The tire track trail cam ones? If possible maybe a pic of them? I have a 21 limited 3500 and am not sure if this is something that applies to mine. Probably separate, but I've also wondered if there was a setting in Alfaobd to have the front camera automatically come on when the front sensors see something.
Back in November I tried to get the performance pages to work but no luck.
Sorry, I think my post was confusing. I have the front grid line setting as YES in AlfaOBD but don’t have that selection in the radio settings. Guess that only shows up when you also change off-road camera present to YES. No grid lines for front camera although still have the buttons and the work and overhead is fine. Makes me think the front camera was alsways there and I just never paid attn because never needed to use it by itself.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I went and found the chmsl options but it doesn't work, keeps saying service not supported in active diagnostic session.

Or it's telling me when I try to calibrate cameras with invalid calibration:

Calibration status: not started
Calibration mode: missing software

If I try to just force calibration of the chmsl it says:

Failed. Conditions not correct or request sequence error.
I get the same problems... did you ever get a fix?

StadlerMat

Reaction score
Installed the KOAD Tech sbm today on my 2023 RAM3500 Limited trying to follow both the instructions and the pictures from the forum. As others have noted the wires and connector colors that came from KOADtech do not match the instructions and the ends weren't tabled "to black" or "to white" as the instructions said they should be. However reading the posts on page 60 to current it seems the consensus is that the end with the white connector and blue/yellow wires should go to the front green/black CAN block and the black connector with pink/green wires should go to the rear CAN block as installed yes?

Well... it doesn't connect to AlfaOBD that way. So I tried the normal off/ RUN cycling of the ignition switch as well as unplug / plug in the OBD-link EX module to my laptop and it wouldn't connect. Tried powering off and on the laptop and it wouldn't connect.

Tried switching around on the CAN blocks and whoa the truck didn't like that. All sorts of errors and whatnot started popping up on the dash. It still didn't connect to Alfa. So I think the original way I installed the bypass wires was correct and reading the posts in this thread the next step people have had success with is telling it “Do not verify ECU model” once i reinstall the wires back in the orignal installed position.

Am I missing something or is this what I should try next.

Sidenote- most everyone I see on here is using the MX OBDlink where I am using the EX. Just to be sure, this EX should work fine with the AlfaOBD and this bypass on this truck correct?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 26
  • on CAN.jpg
    on CAN.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 25

StadlerMat

Reaction score
Try getting on the OBD Link Website and do an update for your MX. Connect it to their Site.
I don’t have the MX. I have the EX (connects via wire to USB port on PC) and to my knowledge they don’t provide a link for updates to that unit. Do you see one?

StadlerMat

Reaction score
Mike from KOADtech responded to my email to confirm that my original installation was correct so I’ll redo that in the am after I get through my morning block of meetings and other work things. I have a window in the afternoon to try and check firmware and drivers on the OBDLINK EX unit. We’ll give these a go and try again and report back. Thanks.

StadlerMat

Reaction score
Link to EX support for others that may need it.

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
Instead of connecting to the body computer, you’ll connect to the comfort seats and wheel module. That’s where you’ll find the auto on temp limits adjustments:
View attachment 67151

View attachment 67152

View attachment 67153
Holy crap, this is awesome! I installed my ram wireless charger and did not need anything to activate it but requiring 40 or below to turn the heat on is a bit excessive. Do I need a different connector for the seats and wheel module? Where is that connection to plug into?

Much2fast

Reaction score
As mentioned above by @StadlerMat, just want to confirm that the black connector (green/pink wires) will go to the white/green block (back), and the white connector (black/yellow wires) will go to the black/green block (front)?

Also have not seen it mentioned anywhere, is anyone disconnecting their batteries prior to hooking up the bypass cable, or just doing it with the batteries connected?

Attachments

• 20240129_122343.jpg
    20240129_122343.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 11

roybell

Reaction score
Is there a list of available functions from AlfaOBD? I have a '21 3500 with rear air assist. I'd like to be able to lower the weight threshold for ALT RIDE HEIGHT. Truck rides entirely way too stiff with an empty bed. Once, after unhooking a trailer, it stayed in Alt Height without the trailer and it rode so nice. Once I parked and restarted it went back to normal. This is my number 1 biggest complaint and I hate driving it as a result. If I could change that, it would make my day.

roybell

Reaction score
As mentioned above by @StadlerMat, just want to confirm that the black connector (green/pink wires) will go to the white/green block (back), and the white connector (black/yellow wires) will go to the black/green block (front)?

Also have not seen it mentioned anywhere, is anyone disconnecting their batteries prior to hooking up the bypass cable, or just doing it with the batteries connected?

My 2024 2500 has both blocks Green with white connectors. I put the white connector on the back block, and the black connector on the front block and it all works. Of course first time I had it reversed and the OBD port wouldn't read the car. I flipped them and it worked fine then.

Much2fast

Reaction score
I installed the bypass cable tonight, I can confirm the white connector (blue/yellow wires) went to the front block (closest to driver) and the black connector (pink/green wires) went to the back.

I did a backup of the settings as recommended, I was looking thru them and noticed my transmission type was 66RFE. I have a 2021 2500 Diesel and assumed it was a 68RFE. Is this just a generic value that doesn't really make any difference? Interested to see if others are similar.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I installed the bypass cable tonight, I can confirm the white connector (blue/yellow wires) went to the front block (closest to driver) and the black connector (pink/green wires) went to the back.

I did a backup of the settings as recommended, I was looking thru them and noticed my transmission type was 66RFE. I have a 2021 2500 Diesel and assumed it was a 68RFE. Is this just a generic value that doesn't really make any difference? Interested to see if others are similar.
It’s been mislabeled for years, so everyone with a 68rfe is going to show as 66rfe in alfaobd. The raw hex says it’s 68rfe, so that’s all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread