Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

DougB

Reaction score
I am getting an error message when trying to adjust the temps - Failed. Service Not Supported In Active Diagnostic Session. I am in the Windows/PC version using the OBDLink MX+.

It let me adjust them earlier but when I checked them, they were not what I had entered. One was close but the other is WAY off and now I cannot change them at all. Going to let the truck go to sleep for ~10 mins and retry later.

Heat default was 4.4 deg C (40 deg F). Vent default was 26.6 deg C (80 deg F).

1704325112850.png 1704325141044.png

Interestingly, the vented option would not let me go below the factory setting of 26.6 deg C. Posted an error message the number was out of range or too low, I forget the exact wording.

Edit 1: Tried later and no luck. Rebooted laptop and no luck. Guessing I am missing a procedural step somewhere.

Edit 2: Disconnected from Comfort module, reconnected/disconnected to Body module, then back to Comfort module. It no longer gives me the Failed error, says Procedure Completed, but the values do not stay saved.

Edit 3: Seems the range for the vented auto temp is 26.60 to 27.00. I set it to 26.82 and then it shows as 24.04 Deg C. 26.83 is the 26.6 deg C default setting. 26.81 is 21.48 deg C. There's some weird conversion going on there.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I am getting an error message when trying to adjust the temps - Failed. Service Not Supported In Active Diagnostic Session. I am in the Windows/PC version using the OBDLink MX+.

It let me adjust them earlier but when I checked them, they were not what I had entered. One was close but the other is WAY off and now I cannot change them at all. Going to let the truck go to sleep for ~10 mins and retry later.

Heat default was 4.4 deg C. Vent default was 26.6 deg C.

View attachment 67497 View attachment 67498

Interestingly, the vented option would not let me go below the factory setting of 26.6 deg C. Posted an error message the number was out of range or too low, I forget the exact wording.

Edit 1: Tried later and no luck. Rebooted laptop and no luck. Guessing I am missing a procedural step somewhere.
Edit 2: Disconnected from Comfort module, reconnected/disconnected to Body module, then back to Comfort module. It no longer gives me the Failed error, says Procedure Completed, but the values do not stay saved.
Edit 3: Seems the range for the vented auto temp is 26.6 to 27.0. I set it to 26.82 and then it shows as 24.04 Deg C. 26.83 is the 26.6 deg C default setting. 26.81 is 21.48 deg C. There's some weird conversion going on there.
Usually the failed not supported in active diagnostic session message is because that session’s connection to the module was interrupted.
I definitely never tried adjusting the vented seats threshold, but I did change heated down to 1.67, and it does seem to come on automatically at 35° correctly.

DougB

Reaction score
Usually the failed not supported in active diagnostic session message is because that session’s connection to the module was interrupted.
I definitely never tried adjusting the vented seats threshold, but I did change heated down to 1.67, and it does seem to come on automatically at 35° correctly.
Once I went from Comfort to Body to Comfort it worked. Weird that even waiting ~30 minutes didn’t fix it. I don’t recall if I removed the MX+ from the OBDII during that time either though.

It eventually was saving the values. Not sure if I did something different to get it to save. Will see what temps it functions at. Will be a few months before the vented seats can get checked.

I also got the failed message when trying to change “Update Pressure Thresholds”. I had to go to the Max and Light inflation options to make the changes. Afterwards, I could make the changes under Update Pressure Thresholds.

Ostracize

Reaction score
You went down to 35 what is the default 40?

DougB

Reaction score
Got AlfaOBD setup using PC, OBDLink MX+ and using KOAdtech bypass cable. Adjusted TPMS thresholds to 50/40 psi, fogs with high beams, gear selector displayed in EVIC, and auto heat/vent seat temperatures. Turned on the front camera with grid lines but so far it's not working. Button and settings show up in radio but aren't working properly and surround view is gone. Hoping after a few drive cycles it'll work and restore my 360* surround view. The surround works in reverse for about a second then goes black.

Waiting for new tires to get installed and then will adjust tire diameter to correct speedometer.

Modified the bypass cable to make the BUS connectors easier to remove. Shaved down the retaining feature on the release lever and also removed part of the protective cage to make it easy to press using fingers. Added a label, too, to tell me which connector goes where.

connector.JPG

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Got AlfaOBD setup using PC, OBDLink MX+ and using KOAdtech bypass cable. Adjusted TPMS thresholds to 50/40 psi, fogs with high beams, gear selector displayed in EVIC, and auto heat/vent seat temperatures. Turned on the front camera with grid lines but so far it's not working. Button and settings show up in radio but aren't working properly and surround view is gone. Hoping after a few drive cycles it'll work and restore my 360* surround view. The surround works in reverse for about a second then goes black.

Waiting for new tires to get installed and then will adjust tire diameter to correct speedometer.

Modified the bypass cable to make the BUS connectors easier to remove. Shaved down the retaining feature on the release lever and also removed part of the protective cage to make it easy to press using fingers. Added a label, too, to tell me which connector goes where.

View attachment 67547

I could never get my 3500 surround to work with front tire guides enabled. Same symptoms. Button present but non-functional and loss of overhead surround.

I think I drove it around like that for a couple days and it never worked so I disabled it. Let us know if it ends up working...

DougB

Reaction score
I could never get my 3500 surround to work with front tire guides enabled. Same symptoms. Button present but non-functional and loss of overhead surround.

I think I drove it around like that for a couple days and it never worked so I disabled it. Let us know if it ends up working...
Hoping mine will work given it’s a 2500. Hopefully, it’s not trying to identify as a 3500, in this case. Lol

I do have the factory off road package/hill descent if that has anything to do with the non-function.

Also, does it maybe only work when in 4wd? I haven’t tried that yet.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping mine will work given it’s a 2500. Hopefully, it’s not trying to identify as a 3500, in this case. Lol

I do have the factory off road package/hill descent if that has anything to do with the non-function.

Also, does it maybe only work when in 4wd? I haven’t tried that yet.

Shouldn't matter.

I never did get Hill Descent to work on my 3500. :(

That said, it was more an exercise in the ability to do so than the need. Prepper's thought train... better to have and ...Oh you know the rest. LOL

DougB

Reaction score
Shouldn't matter.

I never did get Hill Descent to work on my 3500. :(

That said, it was more an exercise in the ability to do so than the need. Prepper's thought train... better to have and ...Oh you know the rest. LOL
Right. I’d probably never need it but if it’s there and can be turned on, why TH not?!?

DougB

Reaction score
Hill descent I believe only works in 4 low under 5 MPH.
Right but wondering about the forward facing off road camera with grid lines. Also only when in 4wd under a certain speed limit? Looking at this thread about the PW forward camera, no one has mentioned needing to be in 4wd for it to work.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Right but wondering about the forward facing off road camera with grid lines. Also only when in 4wd under a certain speed limit? Looking at this thread about the PW forward camera, no one has mentioned needing to be in 4wd for it to work.
On trucks equipped from the factory with the grid lines, and on my previous 2020 Limited that I enabled it on the grid lines work in any drive mode.

DougB

Reaction score
On trucks equipped from the factory with the grid lines, and on my previous 2020 Limited that I enabled it on the grid lines work in any drive mode.
360 surround view still black. Forward Grid lines radio button in settings won’t stay selected. Pressing Fromt Camer button makes it come on and stays up until about 20mph. That may be normal as I’ve never messed with it.

Going to admit defeat and change it back at end of the weekend.

jsalbre

Reaction score
360 surround view still black. Forward Grid lines radio button in settings won’t stay selected. Pressing Fromt Camer button makes it come on and stays up until about 20mph. That may be normal as I’ve never messed with it.

Going to admit defeat and change it back at end of the weekend.
Sorry it didn’t work out. No idea why, but no one has been able to get it to work on a 3500. Maybe if you set the truck from D2 to DJ? I’m not sure if there would be other consequences to giving your truck an identity crisis though.

DougB

Reaction score
Sorry it didn’t work out. No idea why, but no one has been able to get it to work on a 3500. Maybe if you set the truck from D2 to DJ? I’m not sure if there would be other consequences to giving your truck an identity crisis though.

Mine is a 2500.

I looked at a couple other off-road modes listed and tried turning those on but no change.

I turned off the 2 settings this morning but while driving afterwards, the button is still there under Off-Road pages and works up to about 20mph. No grid lines. Overhead view works fine. Maybe it was always there??? Gonna try just turning on the grid lines next and see it it works. That is if the front camera doesn’t go away after a few more drive cycles.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2500.

I looked at a couple other off-road modes listed and tried turning those on but no change.

I turned off the 2 settings this morning but while driving afterwards, the button is still there under Off-Road pages and works up to about 20mph. No grid lines. Overhead view works fine. Maybe it was always there??? Gonna try just turning on the grid lines next and see it it works. That is if the front camera doesn’t go away after a few more drive cycles.

Takes a while for the button to disappear...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I can't get AlfaOBD to connect to the Comfort module...

Connects to the BCM just fine.

Weird. Tried resetting the MX+, BT, etc.

I may have to try my laptop and see what he windows version does.

FWIW, my heated wheel is still stuck on the 3-level setting.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried again today and still cannot connect to the Comfort module.

I can connect to the driver seat and see the 2 settings for vent and heat, and they both allow input, but I get that failed message if I try to change.

Still haven't tried with laptop, but now the truck is doing a forced radio OTA update so I'm going to let that finish and until everything is back working. First time in 3 years it's ever done one (I did do the last update to 39.7(?) via USB.)

DougB

Reaction score
Anyone with an iDash, Edge, etc. monitor seen the DPFDIS and DPFTIM parameters reset to 0 after making AlfaOBD adjustments? Not sure which change did it. I changed TPMS, heat/vent auto temp, heat display, and tire diameter. Wondering if tire diameter did it because had to clear codes/faults to remove CEL from Engine module for invalid speed sensor code.

As for front camera, buttons are still there and work. Overhead works. Only have Grid lines set to yes via AlfaOBD but there’s no selections in radio to select them.

Users who are viewing this thread