Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you two are conflating max CRUISE limit with max SPEED limit.

I believe SPEED limit is ECU and not adjustable by AlfaOBD.

I'd have to look, but my max CRUISE goes all the way to the SPEED limiter.
I'm not confusing the two.

I will look at the ECM file for a '21 tonight, but I have adjusted the max cruise limit setting in ECM's before when tuning trucks.

I was under the impression AlfaOBD couldn't make any ECM changes, but that appears wrong or not true on this generation of ECM.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s still part of the ECM tuning on a 21, and has all the CC and speed related options I’m used to on the older trucks.

Begs the question on how it’s actually stored in the ECM?

Can the dealer see that you have changed ECM settings?

Can AlfaOBD make other ECM changes?

Sure would like to be able to change the EB save setting to on.

The1adman

Reaction score
I am installing a aftermarket front bumper and will be replacing my factory halogen fog lights with aftermarket LED Pod fog lights. My plan was to install a H11 to Deutsch harness to keep factory wiring intact. Will changing the BCM setting for fog lights to LED work to avoid any issues or only if the aftermarket LED pod lights have similar draw as factory LED fog lights?

I believe my other option would be to use a anti flicker module with a built in resistor like this one from Diode Dynamics

Unrelated, I will also change the fog lights off with high beams.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I am installing a aftermarket front bumper and will be replacing my factory halogen fog lights with aftermarket LED Pod fog lights. My plan was to install a H11 to Deutsch harness to keep factory wiring intact. Will changing the BCM setting for fog lights to LED work to avoid any issues or only if the aftermarket LED pod lights have similar draw as factory LED fog lights?

I believe my other option would be to use a anti flicker module with a built in resistor like this one from Diode Dynamics

Unrelated, I will also change the fog lights off with high beams.
Changing the setting to LED disables the continuity test, so that should be all you need.

DrTron

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to enable these two things on their trucks and can tell me if you got it working?

- Tailgate ajar warning (Rather useful, I think, had that on my 1500 but my 2022 2500 (that even has the remote tailgate release) doesn't give a warning)
- Heated steering wheel (Getting off-low-med-high settings instead of on-off)

I found both settings, but they don't change anything....
Thanks!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to enable these two things on their trucks and can tell me if you got it working?

- Tailgate ajar warning (Rather useful, I think, had that on my 1500 but my 2022 2500 (that even has the remote tailgate release) doesn't give a warning)
- Heated steering wheel (Getting off-low-med-high settings instead of on-off)

I found both settings, but they don't change anything....
Thanks!
For the tailgate ajar warning, you need a tailgate latch that has the ajar sensor. There’s no such part for the HD Rams (and no, the one from a 1500 doesn’t fit).

For the 3-level heated steering wheel setting, make sure you make a backup file for the BCM before you make that change (not the log that shows you all your current settings, but the backup file that is listed underneath car configuration change). This is because you can’t change that setting back to just on/off because the original setting (not defined) is not in the list to choose from.
The 3-level does work, it just doesn’t reflect the 3 level on the icon in the radio. From the off state, it will give you three presses on the wheel soft key in the radio to cycle through the 3 levels.
I’m configured for the wood/leather material type with a limited wheel, and I can definitely feel the difference between the three settings.

DrTron

Reaction score
Thanks!
Good to know about the tailgate, no idea why they wouldn't include a sensor, but ok.
I noticed that the 3-level setting did something, like you said it didn't show any change in the Uconnect but might have done something as the first two button presses did not seem to react, but the third one did. So maybe it's actually cycling through the settings, but without visual indication on what setting it is, it's not that useful. Especially as now two of the three settings show "heat off" in Uconnect, so one would only know by touch. I might change it back to the on/off setting.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I have searched this thread without success. Trying to change TPIS to TPMS on my dually. Anyone know what settings need to be changed?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I have searched this thread without success. Trying to change TPIS to TPMS on my dually. Anyone know what settings need to be changed?
VehConfig5, Non-Regulated Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) Present. Set to “No”
You also may need to change VehConfig7, TPMS Configuration to "NHTSA Enable Warning".

Last edited:

CdnHO

Reaction score
VehConfig5, Non-Regulated Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) Present. Set to “No”
You also may need to change VehConfig7, TPMS Configuration to "NHTSA Enable Warning".
Thank you Jeremy.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
There’s a VehConfig 3 setting also:

jsalbre

Reaction score
There’s a VehConfig 3 setting also:
Thanks for the assist. That one was missing from my notes.

The1adman

Reaction score
Changing the setting to LED disables the continuity test, so that should be all you need.
Thank you! Would there be any concern about the draw from the Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fog light on the factory halogen fog light wiring?

I searched but can’t seem to find the AlfaObd setting I need to change to go from halogen to LED. Does anyone have that setting?

flan

Reaction score
Thank you! Would there be any concern about the draw from the Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fog light on the factory halogen fog light wiring?

I searched but can’t seem to find the AlfaObd setting I need to change to go from halogen to LED. Does anyone have that setting?
I’m not sure of the amp draw difference, but I run the dd slf on factory wiring with no issue. I also did not have to change any settings in alfa.
I’d compare what the halogen fog light draws vs what the DD unit is rated at to be sure.

Jimmy07

Reaction score

Looks like those only draw 1.1 amps, well below what the factory wiring can handle.
You’ll want to change CBC Features: LED Front Fog Lamps Present to YES. This will shut off the pulse width modulation so there’s no duty cycle. You can’t see with the naked eye, but having the digital rear view mirror, the camera pics up on vehicles that use PWM on their LEDs, and the lights are flashing in the rear view mirror display.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the fog light cornering?

Users who are viewing this thread