Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Wut?
That's one killer feature to actually see something when turning and you want to turn it off?
Yep, to have a choice. I have BD Squadrons and I don’t want them flashing on and off when low-speed turning.

Florotory

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me here. So, I changed the setting on my heated steering wheel using AlfaObd. However, the change didn't work. In fact, it actually made it to where it would turn on for about 3 sec then shut off, So I decided to load my backup file to change everything back to original configuration. Everything changed back except the heated wheel setting. Also, alfaOBD in the heated wheel setting lists "default" but doesn't have a "not defined" (original setting) option. I emailed AlfaOBD support, and he told me to email the files which I did, but haven't heard anything back as that was Monday (I think). I'm sure he is just busy, so I don't want to be that customer that sends a million emails.

Any thoughts as to why it's not taking that line of programing of the original file? It changes back the splash screen that I changed to the original one. Thank you

flan

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me here. So, I changed the setting on my heated steering wheel using AlfaObd. However, the change didn't work. In fact, it actually made it to where it would turn on for about 3 sec then shut off, So I decided to load my backup file to change everything back to original configuration. Everything changed back except the heated wheel setting. Also, alfaOBD in the heated wheel setting lists "default" but doesn't have a "not defined" (original setting) option. I emailed AlfaOBD support, and he told me to email the files which I did, but haven't heard anything back as that was Monday (I think). I'm sure he is just busy, so I don't want to be that customer that sends a million emails.

Any thoughts as to why it's not taking that line of programing of the original file? It changes back the splash screen that I changed to the original one. Thank you
Heated steering wheels have issues, may be a hardware issue instead of software.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

If you look at your current backup file, what does it show for line item that begins with 62014A? Is it CC?
Does it show 4C on your original backup file?

Florotory

Reaction score
If you look at your current backup file, what does it show for line item that begins with 62014A? Is it CC?
Does it show 4C on your original backup file?

373a1528067c98f5eb19a0904d317f76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flan

Reaction score
Even though it worked fine prior to software change? Thanks

Not saying it’s the issue but there’s a recent thread about heated steering wheel issues so there’s a possibility. Go work through with jimmy first but just keep that in the back of your mind.

Florotory

Reaction score
That’s the original back up I made before making any changes. Other than heated wheel I didn’t touch the seats A.

3178c2bd81742ccfdd6629ecc6c8b737.jpg

This is from the original file. Only thing changes was splash screen when I downloaded this info

Florotory

Reaction score
Is that the current file? What are the four “Seats A” settings set to?

That was the original. Should I make another backup and compare the 2 for that line?

Florotory

Reaction score
Current “Heated Wheel” is set to “default” since there isn’t a “Not Defined” option available. I think I saw in another post somewhere you had mentioned that but I saw it too late.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
That’s the original back up I made before making any changes. Other than heated wheel I didn’t touch the seats A.

3178c2bd81742ccfdd6629ecc6c8b737.jpg

This is from the original file. Only thing changes was splash screen when I downloaded this info

Ok, I’ll mess with some things tomorrow and see if I can make that value stick. When you restore from backup, does it fail?

Florotory

Reaction score
It gives me this message
Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s)and value(s) outside allowable range
However it does revert my splash screen back to the original Laramie logo from “2500 Heavy Duty” . So it’s for sure taking parts of the file.

Thanks again. Hopefully we can get this fixed before I install my aux switche.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It gives me this message

However it does revert my splash screen back to the original Laramie logo from “2500 Heavy Duty” . So it’s for sure taking parts of the file.

Thanks again. Hopefully we can get this fixed before I install my aux switche.
In that original backup file, take line item 62014A40 and move it to the top of the list, and try restoring it that way.

Florotory

Reaction score
In that original backup file, take line item 62014A40 and move it to the top of the list, and try restoring it that way.
Just want to make sure so that I don’t accidentally brick my truck lol. Like this? 27F46177-AFF2-4692-B62A-37D852E5A4B0.jpeg
Cut it from where it was to the top and then closed the gap from where it was cut from

Florotory

Reaction score
Yeah, like that
So went out and tried again. No luck still turns on and then back off. When i loaded the original file it still gave me the Failed message that i mentioned earlier. However, It once again reverted my splash screen back to the original one.

Florotory

Reaction score
While we are are here lol. I’m starting on my install today of factory Aux switches. I have 6.7L like stated in one of the above posts.

Switch bank has 6 aux switches NO PTO. What’s the settings in AlfaOBD to get everything working? Thanks again for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread