Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

flan

Reaction score
I think it has been brought up but, leaving the bypass cable plugged in to the can block won’t cause a problem at the dealer as long as it’s not hooked into the obd port? I was just planning on tucking mine up out of the way but need to double check as it’s going on tomorrow for the CP4 recall and they will need to flash it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it has been brought up but, leaving the bypass cable plugged in to the can block won’t cause a problem at the dealer as long as it’s not hooked into the obd port? I was just planning on tucking mine up out of the way but need to double check as it’s going on tomorrow for the CP4 recall and they will need to flash it.

Yes, this is what I do. I leave mine connected to the CAN blocks and just unplug it from the OBD and hide it up in the dash wiring.

I think the only 2 times I removed it was for the A/C TSB where they had to remove the dash and once when it was doing weird electrical stuff which I now attribute to the iDash I had installed (and since removed).

flan

Reaction score
Yes, this is what I do. I leave mine connected to the CAN blocks and just unplug it from the OBD and hide it up in the dash wiring.

I think the only 2 times I removed it was for the A/C TSB where they had to remove the dash and once when it was doing weird electrical stuff which I now attribute to the iDash I had installed (and since removed).
Ok I did that earlier, out of sight, out of mind!

superjoe83

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can enable ACC with stop and go on our trucks so it will hold stopped and not cancel after a couple seconds?
Screenshot_20230102-115434_AlfaOBD.jpg

jsalbre

Reaction score
No, because the abs module doesn’t have the electronic parking brake needed that makes stop and go possible.
I’ll second that it won’t work. I’ve tried.

It annoys me as my wife’s VW has stop and go even without the electric parking brake. There’s no reason the ABS can’t just keep the brakes engaged.

• Wow
Reactions: CFE

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I’ll second that it won’t work. I’ve tried.

It annoys me as my wife’s VW has stop and go even without the electric parking brake. There’s no reason the ABS can’t just keep the brakes engaged.
Yeah, for some reason that’s how Ram decided to have their stop and go function for the 1500’s.
If you repeatedly press the resume button when you come to a stop, it’ll hold, and start going when the car in front starts moving again. So, someone that writes code for comma tried spamming the resume button messages, but it also ended up increasing the set speed each time the resume is spammed.

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Looking to change a few things when my 23 arrives. Is it safe to say that I should be good to go to order the bypass cable?

Florotory

Reaction score
Ive searched google, Forums and FB and so far everything Ive found says no but, most posts were old. Is there a way either in AlfaOBD or other ways to turn off the door chime. Like a lot of other people when detailing the truck its anoying that the chime stays on. THanks

The1adman

Reaction score
I would like to replace my factory halogen with night edition LED headlights. I need to get the security cable, which is currently unavailable, as well as the OBD MX+ and a windows or android device. I only have Apple iPhones, is there a recommendation on the cheapest device that will work? Is Windows or Android better than the other?

Florotory

Reaction score
I would like to replace my factory halogen with night edition LED headlights. I need to get the security cable, which is currently unavailable, as well as the OBD MX+ and a windows or android device. I only have Apple iPhones, is there a recommendation on the cheapest device that will work? Is Windows or Android better than the other?
I bought an ONN brand tablet at Walmart the other day for $39 on clearance. Just look for something like that.

If you just have a windows laptop then just buy the cable and software unless you want to be wireless.

Florotory

Reaction score
I bought an ONN brand tablet at Walmart the other day for $39 on clearance. Just look for something like that.

If you just have a windows laptop then just buy the cable and software unless you want to be wireless.
I bought the software for both android and windows. I didn’t want to spend $139 for the wireless adaptor right now so I just got the corded one for my laptop and it works just fine. At some point I’ll get the wireless adaptor for the tablet I bought.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Save some money on the MX+ and just get a vLinker MC+.

While AlfaOBD doesn't work on apple, the MC+ could be used with your iPhone with other Apple supported apps.

Your cheapest non-apple option will be an inexpensive android tablet. I'm partial to Samsung tablets, even the cheap ones. https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Andr...fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&th=1

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the software for both android and windows. I didn’t want to spend $139 for the wireless adaptor right now so I just got the corded one for my laptop and it works just fine. At some point I’ll get the wireless adaptor for the tablet I bought.

Did you take advantage of the 2nd version discount?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
PM me if you need the bypass

The1adman

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I do not have a Window laptop. Sounds like my best bet will be a cheap tablet as Brutal suggested. The kaodtech security bypass is unavailable, is there an alternative that is recommended or wait until kaodtech is available again? Just saw your post Jimmy07. I will message you.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t want to spend $139 for the wireless adaptor right now

I have $46 into a wireless bluetooth (android) and wireless wifi (PC) adapter. They are both BAFX units and work perfectly with AlfaOBD. The more expensive OBDII readers are not needed.

I bought the bluetooth one to pull PIN's before AlfaOBD would do it. I probably didn't need to in the long run as I have only used it once.

Users who are viewing this thread