Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

jsalbre

Reaction score
Tried to check out my new '23 in AlfaOBD last night and ran into some issues. Running the latest version 2.3.7.0. The website says 2.3.6.0, but that isn't what downloads. I was going to try to go back to a previous version, but I couldn't find one, and I apparently deleted my slightly older installer.
  • Not unexpectedly it doesn't show 2023 yet, so I selected 2022 since I figured it should be nearly the same.
  • Trying to do a "Read System ID" doesn't do anything except add a timestamp to the log.
  • In the "Active Diagnostic" section (where "Car Configuration Change" is) it seems to want to run everything just by scrolling past it. Moving the mouse down the list I crossed over "Reset ECU" and the truck's systems all restarted as if I'd clicked on it and hit "Start". The message box also continuously says "Failed. Requested procedure is no supported by the unit."
  • If I attempt to actually make a configuration change (I really want the TPMS down from 65/70 F/R) it doesn't work.
Not directly related to AlfaOBD, but the reason I jumped into it so fast on this truck is because my tun signal activated blind spot cameras aren't turning on. I've verified the setting in Connect, but nothing happens.

@Jimmy07 (or anyone else) any ideas?

Edit to add: I tried Scan from my iPhone, and I don't have a license so I can't make any changes, but it had no problem reading anything from the truck. This makes me think the AlfaOBD version may be a part (if not all) of the problem.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Tried to check out my new '23 in AlfaOBD last night and ran into some issues. Running the latest version 2.3.7.0. The website says 2.3.6.0, but that isn't what downloads. I was going to try to go back to a previous version, but I couldn't find one, and I apparently deleted my slightly older installer.
  • Not unexpectedly it doesn't show 2023 yet, so I selected 2022 since I figured it should be nearly the same.
  • Trying to do a "Read System ID" doesn't do anything except add a timestamp to the log.
  • In the "Active Diagnostic" section (where "Car Configuration Change" is) it seems to want to run everything just by scrolling past it. Moving the mouse down the list I crossed over "Reset ECU" and the truck's systems all restarted as if I'd clicked on it and hit "Start". The message box also continuously says "Failed. Requested procedure is no supported by the unit."
  • If I attempt to actually make a configuration change (I really want the TPMS down from 65/70 F/R) it doesn't work.
Not directly related to AlfaOBD, but the reason I jumped into it so fast on this truck is because my tun signal activated blind spot cameras aren't turning on. I've verified the setting in Connect, but nothing happens.

@Jimmy07 (or anyone else) any ideas?

Edit to add: I tried Scan from my iPhone, and I don't have a license so I can't make any changes, but it had no problem reading anything from the truck. This makes me think the AlfaOBD version may be a part (if not all) of the problem.
He’s going to add 2023 powernet support in the next update. If you send him a debug log when you try to connect and pull the system ID, he’ll get you an apk version to use in the meantime. Or, if you get ahold of @DeadEnd, he has the apk version.
Please check into this thread I started once you sorted out. I’m looking to see if you have auto side camera on turn signal and auto front camera on park sense:

jsalbre

Reaction score
He’s going to add 2023 powernet support in the next update. If you send him a debug log when you try to connect and pull the system ID, he’ll get you an apk version to use in the meantime. Or, if you get ahold of @DeadEnd, he has the apk version.
Please check into this thread I started once you sorted out. I’m looking to see if you have auto side camera on turn signal and auto front camera on park sense:
Sorry, I'm using the Windows version, I don't have an Android device.

Do you think the odd behavior is because of the missing Powernet support?

I'll respond to the other thread with relevant info.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm using the Windows version, I don't have an Android device.

Do you think the odd behavior is because of the missing Powernet support?

I'll respond to the other thread with relevant info.
Yes. That version and variant BCM isn’t in the database yet. He should be able to get you something temporary to use for windows in the meantime if you send him a debug log.

henrys

Reaction score
The kaodtech harnesses are not available right now. Is there another source or information on how to build one DIY?

CI6

Reaction score
Can AlphaOBD read the truck's PIN and program new fobs with the use of the bypass cable?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I tried searching this thread and can't find an answer... I realize you can back up BCM config with the android version of AlfaOBD, but cannot seem to figure out how to back up the BCM config using the Windows version. Is there a way to do this?

Beldin

Reaction score
I tried searching this thread and can't find an answer... I realize you can back up BCM config with the android version of AlfaOBD, but cannot seem to figure out how to back up the BCM config using the Windows version. Is there a way to do this?

Got to page one of the TPMS solved thread. There is an attachment using AlphaOBD for windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to reload everything back to factory settings? I saved the original file on Google Drive.

I’m selling the truck and would like to get back to stock.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Does the truck need to be running when you do a forced regeneration command?

CFE

Reaction score
Searched the thread but didn't see the following:

Is there anyway to program the truck to auto-lock after a set time (e.g. 10 seconds) once the key fob exits the transmit perimeter?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Got to page one of the TPMS solved thread. There is an attachment using AlphaOBD for windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found it, thanks for the direction!

From what I can tell, that only allows you to save the BCM log as a text doc which is really only a way to compare Factory BCM settings to changed BCM settings in case you need to change back to factory defaults etc...

However I also see that under active diagnostics there is the option to backup BCM and restore BCM.

Has anyone used this function and is it a pretty seamless restore if needed?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Searched the thread but didn't see the following:

Is there anyway to program the truck to auto-lock after a set time (e.g. 10 seconds) once the key fob exits the transmit perimeter?
No
Found it, thanks for the direction!

From what I can tell, that only allows you to save the BCM log as a text doc which is really only a way to compare Factory BCM settings to changed BCM settings in case you need to change back to factory defaults etc...

However I also see that under active diagnostics there is the option to backup BCM and restore BCM.

Has anyone used this function and is it a pretty seamless restore if needed?
Yes, I use it all the time. It will always say “failed” after the restore procedure, but that’s because there’s one setting that can’t be written for security access (irrelevant setting that never needs to be changed). Otherwise, it does actually restore everything on the backup file.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07 !

And with regards to the "VEHCONFIG 4- DYNAMIC TIRE CIRCUMFERENCE (ALL OR REAR)," what is this?

Do we need to mess with this on our HD rigs? I see the tire size google doc write up listed in the original post which indicates we need to add circumference here as well, however I don't recall ever doing this when I used AlphaOBD for tire size on my 16' 2500. I'm sure something has changed on newer model trucks, just hoping to confirm.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07 !

And with regards to the "VEHCONFIG 4- DYNAMIC TIRE CIRCUMFERENCE (ALL OR REAR)," what is this?

Do we need to mess with this on our HD rigs? I see the tire size google doc write up listed in the original post which indicates we need to add circumference here as well, however I don't recall ever doing this when I used AlphaOBD for tire size on my 16' 2500. I'm sure something has changed on newer model trucks, just hoping to confirm.
That is the actual BCM setting that gets changed when you change the tire size. It doesn’t matter if you change the size in VehConfig 4, or in the tire size list, they are the same setting.

Users who are viewing this thread