Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if the trailer brake gain limits can be tinkered with in Alphaobd. Seems weird that the limit is only 10v. Wouldn't 12v make more sense?

You need more than you can currently get? I have to keep mine down around 3.5-4 as it is.

Where are you seeing a 10V limit?

Are you assuming 0-10 is volts? It is gain. There is no 11. :)

Last edited:

heyguy

Reaction score
So, I was tinkering around with alfaobd for the first time yesterday. I got the current ear display working along with turning off the fog light dropout. Having a little trouble with the DRLs tho. I can't seem to get the DRL settings menu to display on the Uconnect screen and also cant seem to get the quad and signature lights to not dropout in some fashion when the signal lights are on. Any insight? On a Canada spec Limited.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So, I was tinkering around with alfaobd for the first time yesterday. I got the current ear display working along with turning off the fog light dropout. Having a little trouble with the DRLs tho. I can't seem to get the DRL settings menu to display on the Uconnect screen and also cant seem to get the quad and signature lights to not dropout in some fashion when the signal lights are on. Any insight? On a Canada spec Limited.
Check these settings and make sure they are set to these values:
ECUConfig 3 DRL Customer Setting Option Present- YES
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL DRL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- LOW BEAM DRL
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- NO
CustSetMenu 1 Daytime running lights CSM Present- YES

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm working through some DRL issues (US truck) but setting DRL Dropout Enabled - NO stops the DRL from dropping completely with a turn signal, but it then alternates flashing with the Signal light.

I actually like that as it also does it with the hazard lights, but would still like to be able to disable DRL from my radio as needed and also keep all the lights off with the truck running if possible. I know form another thread Jimmy is looking into that..

heyguy

Reaction score
Check these settings and make sure they are set to these values:
ECUConfig 3 DRL Customer Setting Option Present- YES
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL DRL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- LOW BEAM DRL
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- NO
CustSetMenu 1 Daytime running lights CSM Present- YES
Thx, ill have to try it again when I have some time. On a side note I noticed a feature called "tunnel detection", which is turned off, anyone try it? Also I searched "quad"(quad signature lights) on alfaobd and there is one setting where it appears you could at least turn those off completely, haven't tried it yet tho.

BigHorn6.7

Reaction score
I did the fogs with highs and fulltime current gear in drive in the display. Global windows didn't work for me.
Hey bud, whats it called in Alfaodb for fogs with highbeams? Thanks man

Chandy Oo

Reaction score
Hello , Is there a setting in Alpha to stop the Fog lights from turning on when steering and turn signal.

I added some off road amber lights that are not appropriate for driving.

2019 Bighorn

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hello , Is there a setting in Alpha to stop the Fog lights from turning on when steering and turn signal.

I added some off road amber lights that are not appropriate for driving.

2019 Bighorn
The only thing you can try is to set these two settings to 10 degrees-
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Actual Angle
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Not Actual Angle
If that doesn’t work, then you’ll just have to put the new lights on a separate switch.

Chandy Oo

Reaction score
The only thing you can try is to set these two settings to 10 degrees-
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Actual Angle
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Not Actual Angle
If that doesn’t work, then you’ll just have to put the new lights on a separate switch.
Thanks Jimmy

Skooter76

Reaction score
So I am trying to disconnect the AlphaOBD harness and my god I cannot determine the mechanism for releasing those tiny connectors from the CANbus blocks. Has anyone done this that can clue me in?

kristof

Reaction score
So I am trying to disconnect the AlphaOBD harness and my god I cannot determine the mechanism for releasing those tiny connectors from the CANbus blocks. Has anyone done this that can clue me in?
You need a tiny screwdriver and stick it in there. Here is the connector.
ffa8d9100ab3ed1656b667a351205a9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stepbill

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is leaving there OBDLink MX+ installed in their vehicle or do you take it out after programming?

Users who are viewing this thread