Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I did the fogs with highs and fulltime current gear in drive in the display. Global windows didn't work for me.
@AFF, where did you find the fulltime current gear in drive display at? Interested in doing this on mine. Just did the fuel tank size change to it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@AFF, where did you find the fulltime current gear in drive display at? Interested in doing this on mine. Just did the fuel tank size change to it.

Sometimes i wonder why I bother making stickies... ;)

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Sometimes i wonder why I bother making stickies... ;)

I looked over that and obviously missed it. Lol
I see it now. ;)

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Does something like the more expensive OBDlink MX+ still require the security bypass cable? I have a ELM327 I've used for years on other vehicles using apps like Torque.

I thought I saw somewhere that people were using a more advanced/expensive OBD link and wondered what the point was and maybe that it has the software in it to do what the security bypass does.

Going to get the Windows version of AlphaOBD and try my ELM327, just wondering if I need to buy the security cable or just get a better combo OBD reader.

Thanks.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Does something like the more expensive OBDlink MX+ still require the security bypass cable? I have a ELM327 I've used for years on other vehicles using apps like Torque.

I thought I saw somewhere that people were using a more advanced/expensive OBD link and wondered what the point was and maybe that it has the software in it to do what the security bypass does.

Going to get the Windows version of AlphaOBD and try my ELM327, just wondering if I need to buy the security cable or just get a better combo OBD reader.

Thanks.
You’ll always need a bypass cable to make changes to a module no matter what. The security gateway allows information to flow from the modules to the OBD port, but not the other way around. A cheap elm327 may or may not work for some basic changes to the BCM, but the MX+ is definitely fast enough to make every single change possible. Since you already have an elm327, try it out first, and once you come across a change that it’s not fast enough to make, then think about getting a better interface.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
^ This.

I had enough trouble with my BAFX OBD reader that I just got The MX+ and troubles went away.

There's also a new LX (seems MX is gone) that's cheaper than the MX+ and will work for anyone that doesn't need the proprietary Ford or GM connectivity feature.

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
Has anybody came across the turning off the canceling remote start when door open? Specifically for a 2020 3500

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Has anybody came across the turning off the canceling remote start when door open? Specifically for a 2020 3500
Are you saying remote start is canceling when you open the door to get in the truck? If so, that is not normal.
Or, are you trying to initiate the remote start event with a door open? If so, that’s not possible. That is one of the requirements for remote start to initiate- the doors and hood latch must be seen as closed.

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
Talking about Remote starting while door is open is not allowable or is canceled if you open the door while in the process of starting either cranking or pre heating, mainly I was wanting to know if i can disable the door safety side of things because I run into this while trying to remote start it and putting the kid in the carseat

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Talking about Remote starting while door is open is not allowable or is canceled if you open the door while in the process of starting either cranking or pre heating, mainly I was wanting to know if i can disable the door safety side of things because I run into this while trying to remote start it and putting the kid in the carseat
That can’t be done. Why not remote start it before you get to the truck?

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
Ehh just old habits i guess, my 2017 silverado i was able to remote start it with the door open so I was in a habit with that. Since we are starting to get some more colder weather here in Arkansas I been starting it well before getting in now, its just on the warmer/comfortable days i just run into my habit of starting it while waiting on the kid to climb into his seat

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Can you adjust the temp the seat heaters automatically turn on with remote start?

heyguy

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a setting in alfaobd to keep the power running boards down while driving? My dually flares just got hammered with gravel and it would solve the issue. Would also be nice for washing the steps.

MtnRider

Reaction score

Like mentioned, not possible. Doors have to be closed and locked before remote start. There is actually a law against it in communist states like Colorado.

steve49

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a setting in alfaobd to keep the power running boards down while driving? My dually flares just got hammered with gravel and it would solve the issue. Would also be nice for washing the steps.
Sell the power running boards and use the money to install the stationary mounted running boards!

Users who are viewing this thread