Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

BigSwede

Reaction score
Thank you ! Isn’t that part number the one that still has the park sensors ? My big horn is basic and only has the two toggle switches for traction control and tow haul.

the other posts do agree that fabricating a box is easier than trying to go OEM and that’s my plan too. Any luck with the OBD activating the switches ?
Thank you again for the help !

That is the part number with the park sensors. I don't know of the other part number, sorry.

I use AlphaOBD to activate the switches today, now to wait for the harness, relay box, and light bar to come in so I can get the rest of the installation going.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
That is the part number with the park sensors. I don't know of the other part number, sorry.

I use AlphaOBD to activate the switches today, now to wait for the harness, relay box, and light bar to come in so I can get the rest of the installation going.
Thanks for the reply ... for the life of me I cant find a set without park sensors and no one seems to be able to help with a part number even though there are pics of them out there. Good luck with your project ! Let us know how it turns out

steve49

Reaction score
Does anyone know if with AlphaOBD you can disable the automatic up/down feature with the driver/passenger front windows? Whether I have the windows closed or partially open, and want to open/close a little either way, most always they either close or open all way instead the little adjustment I want. It's a little annoying but can I live with it if it can't be done.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Does anyone know if with AlphaOBD you can disable the automatic up/down feature with the driver/passenger front windows? Whether I have the windows closed or partially open, and want to open/close a little either way, most always they either close or open all way instead the little adjustment I want. It's a little annoying but can I live with it if it can't be done.
VehConfig 3: Window Express Feature Configuration

RV_Goose

Reaction score
After installing a 50-gallon diesel tank, I was able to update the DTE after changing liters to gallons. Worked like a charm.

I'll be looking to do that when my Titan tank arrives.

Rocky13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to configure your truck with this module to turn off the seatbelt warning? what about making it so the truck won't come out of park when the fob isn't detected?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to configure your truck with this module to turn off the seatbelt warning? what about making it so the truck won't come out of park when the fob isn't detected?
You don’t need AlfaOBD to disable the seatbelt warning chime. That can be done with the standard procedure with the ignition in run and buckle/unbuckle seatbelt 3x.
Being able to put the truck in gear when fob not detected can’t be changed with AlfaOBD. I’d imagine it’s a failsafe- if you exit the truck with the fob, but leave it running, and somehow lose your fob while out of the truck, you can still use the vehicle to get to where you need to grab a spare fob, so long as the vehicle is not shut down at any time when the fob is not detected because you won’t be able to restart it.

Rocky13

Reaction score
You don’t need AlfaOBD to disable the seatbelt warning chime. That can be done with the standard procedure with the ignition in run and buckle/unbuckle seatbelt 3x.
Being able to put the truck in gear when fob not detected can’t be changed with AlfaOBD. I’d imagine it’s a failsafe- if you exit the truck with the fob, but leave it running, and somehow lose your fob while out of the truck, you can still use the vehicle to get to where you need to grab a spare fob, so long as the vehicle is not shut down at any time when the fob is not detected because you won’t be able to restart it.
Thanks Jimmy.

The fob detection was so I could leave the truck running, lock the doors, go inside a store and leave my dogs in the vehicle and not worry about anyone being able to break into the truck and steal it. I was able to do this on a ford I owned previously.

BigSwede

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy.

The fob detection was so I could leave the truck running, lock the doors, go inside a store and leave my dogs in the vehicle and not worry about anyone being able to break into the truck and steal it. I was able to do this on a ford I owned previously.
on my '19, I can exit my truck, leave it running and lock the doors (usually locking my wife in so she can't escape). The truck just dings inside if they fob isn't present, but it allows me to lock the doors with the truck running.

Rocky13

Reaction score
on my '19, I can exit my truck, leave it running and lock the doors (usually locking my wife in so she can't escape). The truck just dings inside if they fob isn't present, but it allows me to lock the doors with the truck running.
Gotta keep them locked up! Especially after they see how much you paid for the truck!

kristof

Reaction score
Is there a parameter in ALfaOBD where I can change how many times I have to press the unlock button to unlock my car after remote start was activated? It looks like right now to unlock it I have to press it 4-6 times. But this is only when remote start is active.

kristof

Reaction score
When I use remote start I only push the unlock button one time. In the Uconnect settings I set it up to unlock all doors with one click of the FOB.
Mine won't do that. I have to press the button several times to unlock. But without the remote start active it will unlock if I press it once only. Now I'm trying to figure it out if it's in the settings or the fob

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Is AlphaOBD a warranty voider? From what I understand it talks to the BCM and not the ECM.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread