Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. GeneralClortho

35" spare tire question

Hmm, honestly I don't remember exactly, I just got under there and removed them. I don't remember it being too difficult.
  2. GeneralClortho

First Oil Change - Interesting Result

I am the OP, just did my 2nd oil change and had about 7k miles on the oil. I thought I had noticed a little more valve noise but after the change, it quieted down some again. That being said, I am thinking 6K-7k mile oil changes are about right.
  3. GeneralClortho

Stock Latest Gen. Replacement Shocks - Rancho Adjustable

The guys at Shock Surplus put together this kit for the 9000s and had over 4k miles of testing on them and did a video review. el_barto was right in that they are shorter than the ones recommended by the Rancho tech. Part Number RS999044 Extended Length 24.600" Compressed Length 15.950"...
  4. GeneralClortho

I see what you mean...about 1" too long. I am wondering if it shock would bottom out before hitting the bump stops. If I swap the dampers, I want them to be adjustable, even if I have to wait and save up the coin. I contacted Teraflex about the Falcon shocks and no dice. That is obviously a...
  5. GeneralClortho

I am not a fan of Bilstein dampers and the stock PW shocks are no exception. I ran 5100's on two lifted Jeeps (old Grand Cherokee and my current Wrangler) and was not impressed. I swapped the GC's out with Old Man Emu shocks, and it was a big improvement. On the Wrangler, I swapped to Rancho...
  6. GeneralClortho

Tire Pressure

After trying many pressure combinations, I have found 45/40 to be the sweet spot for my E rated KO2 35's. I ran 40/35 for a good while, but when I had them rotated, of course they filled them back up. I dropped them back down to 45/40 and noticed the rolling resistance was a little less and...
  7. GeneralClortho

35" spare tire question

Do yourself a favor and just remove the heat shield. Even if you beat the heat shield back, what is it really doing? Metal does not insulate from the heat so good and then you have an air gap there rather than cramming the tire against the shield and the shield practically touching the...
  8. GeneralClortho

Pull pal

Before I got one, I got stuck twice and walked out. After I got one, I haven't been stuck since, lol. I was doing long beach trips so it gave me piece of mind.
  9. GeneralClortho

35" Spare

I am running a 35", fully inflated spare as well. Just beat back the heat shield and work it in. It is darn tight, but fits.
  10. GeneralClortho

a little fun with your jeep friends. i had 30 made up if anyone is interested.

Haha, good one. I had a custom license plate frame made that reads "Jeeps are Cute" and "Power Wagon". My wife's ride is a modified Wrangler so we poke fun at each other.
  11. GeneralClortho

My Power wagon build thread

Well that's good news. When I researched it months ago, I could not find that information. Thanks!
  12. GeneralClortho

My Power wagon build thread

A coworker has those tires and he hates them because they are so noisy, if that matters to you. I am running 35x12.5 KO2's and they are great and quiet and zero rubbing anywhere with the stock PW wheels. For your Hemi, Amsoil is not a certified oil and could give a reason not to cover your...
  13. GeneralClortho

Mopar off road running boards

"Cast aluminum construction with a rugged texture cover providing anti-slip functionality and an off-road look" Translation: "Cast aluminum construction that will fold up like an empty beer can if used in and actual off-road situation or gas station protection hoops." lol
  14. GeneralClortho

MBRP 4" Single Exhaust, 35" Spare Clearance

Thanks for the input. Are you happy with it? Does it drone on the highway?
  15. GeneralClortho

MBRP 4" Single Exhaust, 35" Spare Clearance

Fellow RAM family, I have been researching swapping the stock exhaust cat-back to a MBRP S5149 system. I know it will not give me performance gains, just grunts of manliness, and that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. It is a 3.5" system that expands to a full 4" tailpipe. I am running a...
  16. GeneralClortho

Aftermarket Wheels - Stock Offset?

You could pick up factory Power Wagon wheels but they are 17's. They have a little less backspacing than the typical factory wheel. I am running 35x12.5's on them with zero rubbing and they don't stick out like a lot of these aftermarket wheels do...
  17. GeneralClortho

New add on's to my 2021 PW.

Mine makes the noise as well. It bothered me at first but appears to be the nature of the beast. My buddy's SRT Cherokee 6.4L does it too. If you don't mind, what what the Magnaflow cat back part number you installed?
  18. GeneralClortho

Anyone have vibrations after installing aftermarket tires and wheels?

I had vibrations at around 60 mph on my wrangler after installing ProComp wheels and 35's. They balanced out fine and after the 2nd time, I watched them do it and had them spin the tire on the wheel if too much weight was used. I had just about given up when I decided to rotate the tires...
  19. GeneralClortho

Build check - invoice price check

Autonation Dealers in the Houston area do, or at least they have for many years.
  20. GeneralClortho

Build check - invoice price check

1. Join Tread Lightly 2. Receive coupon code 3. Any dealer has to match 1% below invoice You may be able to do better, but this is a good fall back.