Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. chas0218

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

I've been changing my oil for the 1st and 2nd oil change. I didn't notice any real usage of oil on either change. 1st change was with 0w-40 PUP and noticed a slight tick on start up intermittently but might just be an injector. This last time with Amsoil 0w-40 and no noticeable noise from the...
  2. chas0218

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

Next week marks 1 year and I'll have 9700 miles. If I didn't drive it to florida for the family vacation it'd be at 6700. Either way it's has been a great truck aside the mileage and few other minor issues. None of the issues have caused the truck to be unreliable just more pet peeves than...
  3. chas0218

3.0 twin turbo Hurricane motor

That was on the evic readout so take it for what it's worth. We didn't really care what the hand calculated was but we made it the 1100 miles with 2 fill ups. and the 2nd one was just to stop and stretch our legs. I think it had a 33 or 35 gallon tank.
  4. chas0218

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

So this didn't get rid of the sound completely?
  5. chas0218

I towed a 26' boat 1100 miles with the 2016 3.5 ecoboost. It weighed in at 8k lbs. but big profile and managed 8mpg with a tail wind at 70mph. It didn't have the torque that the V8's had until you got up to 4k and built max boost. I pulled it with my 03 Silverado 1500 180 miles to my cottage got...
  6. chas0218

Only issues they had was the rear main seal leak and maybe a head gasket but usually only when they got over heated.
  7. chas0218

What's the difference between that and the Hemi. The Hemi is an aluminum block just like the Hurricane is. You can't have aluminum cylinder walls without a coating or sleeves.
  8. chas0218

They are claiming 20 mpg in the Wagoneer. I'm only seeing 10-13mpg so 2x what I'm seeing isn't that much of a stretch.
  9. chas0218

Looks like the Wagoneer is going to be the flagship for this motor. I am really interested in how this engine will stack up against the hemi 5.7 and 6.4. I've got to imagine the MPG will be 2x or 3x the 6.4L with an extra 100 hp and ft.lbs. of torque. I am also very excited to see it in an...
  10. chas0218

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Was the 8mpg towing a camper or higher profile trailer? I haven't pulled my boat long distance yet but I would imagine having the larger profile behind the truck will drop towing MPG quite a bit.
  11. chas0218

Grille Lights from Rough Country

I would think that it would look good still long as you get the black and not chrome. The bezel is black no matter what but the inside of the light will be either chrome or black. I used the truck bed liner on the bezel after cutting it to fit. I changed out my headlight halogen bulbs to LED...
  12. chas0218

Lifter can replacement vs new engine

about the same price wise too.
  13. chas0218

Lol no worries, I was just confused. I thought I screwed something up when I filled in my signature that doesn't show up for me.
  14. chas0218

Huh? it says 6.4 on my screen....I do indeed have the 6.4 hemi in my truck.
  15. chas0218

AutoPark needs to go away!

Maybe my 22 is different but by having my door open shifting to D or R then back to P then back to D or R it overrides it. Says on the dash "Auto Park disengaged"
  16. chas0218

I have about 7700 miles on the truck now. Wife, 2 kids and I did 2200 mile round trip to florida and back and with the wheels and tires (33x12.5r20) pictured in my profile and averaged 15.5 on the evic. We were cruising at 80-85mph most the way with the bed loaded with all our gear. I did see 16...
  17. chas0218

Horrible seats

I came from my 2003 silverado with plush seats and these aren't too bad in my 22 bighorn. Wife and I drove 1100 miles non stop and only had back pain towards the end of the trip. I think it might have been more trying to sleep awkward in the back seat than the driver's seat. I do think there...
  18. chas0218

Expedition One Front Bumper

I have liked the Chassis Unlimited since I 1st saw it but the expedition looks real nice with the low pro bull bar. Personally I don't really want the pre-runner look so the low profile bullbar or nothing is nice. The ranch hand is proven to be durable but too farmer for me.
  19. chas0218

Clicking with 4wd engaged

Is there a fix for this yet?
  20. chas0218

Tailgate warning

Mine had opened going down the highway and I had no idea because of the soft open on the gate. I wish they had some sort of indicator. I only lost 1 small cheap item but still with all the technology in these trucks you'd think they would have something as simple as that.