Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible seats

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Glad I got the Laramie. I'm 72 and find the seats very comfortable. Even my wife seems to like them and she is a habitual "seat complainer".

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
But when you pay 60-70 grand you would expect comfort to be expected
Mine are vert comfortable in my Laramie. Soft but still firm enough not to sink in. But I guess they are not gonna fit everybody the same.

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
I’ve found that my bighorn seats are also kind of uncomfortable, but I don’t even have 2k on the truck yet so who knows. Maybe I just haven’t found the right setting yet. Man I didn’t realize how much I would miss having memory seats when I traded in my Laramie 1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronto

Reaction score
I'd try an inflatable lumbar pillow and see if that helps. My '21 Longhorn seats are as good or better than my '13 Longhorn 1500. All day road trips in it are very comfortable to me.

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Up to almost 4K on the truck and seats are even more uncomfortable than they were in the beginning, 2020 2500 bighorn.. I’m 29 with no regular back pain of any kind, but 30 minutes of sitting in this truck and my lower back is killing me. Gonna try a lumbar support because it seems like the lumbar needs to go up, unfortunately it’s only a 2 way adjustable. Feels like like no support for my kid back at all. Very excited for my 4300 mile round trip coming up later this week! My 1500 Laramie seats I came from were very comfortable even with the peeling pleather.. makes me pretty bummed out

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I get occasional pain when the lumbar is pushing forward! I adjusted my lumbar all the way back

g00fy

Reaction score
I swapped my tradesman seats (which i thought were pretty comfortable) to the heated big born seats, and i miss the tradesman seats. The big horn seats don't seem bolstered as well and the padding seems stiffer.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Love the seats and the ride in my 2021 75th Power Wagon.

They are better than my 2015 Genesis sedan which is a luxury cr.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 2500 has the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle. When we are towing our TT and have a distance to go, it is not unusual for me to drive 8 or 9 hours. With these seats I have no problem doing that. The other day my wife and I were driving in her 2019 Pacifica limited and she commented on how the Ram seats were more comfortable. Now that said, the one thing she does not like is the hump in the footwell on the passenger side. I know that will probable be corrected when the true 5th gen cab comes to the HD's.

Capt. Derek

Reaction score
Up to almost 4K on the truck and seats are even more uncomfortable than they were in the beginning, 2020 2500 bighorn.. I’m 29 with no regular back pain of any kind, but 30 minutes of sitting in this truck and my lower back is killing me. Gonna try a lumbar support because it seems like the lumbar needs to go up, unfortunately it’s only a 2 way adjustable. Feels like like no support for my kid back at all. Very excited for my 4300 mile round trip coming up later this week! My 1500 Laramie seats I came from were very comfortable even with the peeling pleather.. makes me pretty bummed out

Had to have an upholstery shop adjust nine, as they were the worst seat in any vehicle I have owned

jjabkowski

Reaction score
does anyone have any after market solutions for these seats? I have same issue, I have a 2500 Larmime and the seats are terrible., after about 1.5 hours I have had enough of driving in them.

chas0218

Reaction score
I came from my 2003 silverado with plush seats and these aren't too bad in my 22 bighorn. Wife and I drove 1100 miles non stop and only had back pain towards the end of the trip. I think it might have been more trying to sleep awkward in the back seat than the driver's seat. I do think there needs to be at least a manual adjustment for lumbar in the passenger seat.

Users who are viewing this thread