Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate warning

CdnHO

Reaction score
Is there a kit of any kind that warns the driver of an open tailgate? Can't tell with a tonneau cover from the driver's seat. It would have been so easy to include that from the factoryu since there is already a cable going into the gate.

b307a1

Reaction score
Is there a kit of any kind that warns the driver of an open tailgate? Can't tell with a tonneau cover from the driver's seat. It would have been so easy to include that from the factoryu since there is already a cable going into the gate.
I'm with you on that request but, you can check it now by turning on your backup camera thru uconnect. You will know if it's up or not.

I have a tonneau cover and that's how I do it when I am suffering from a case of the "dumb ass".

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
The "ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Indication" setting in AlfaOBD seems to indicate it may be available, but I've not tried it.

chas0218

Reaction score
Mine had opened going down the highway and I had no idea because of the soft open on the gate. I wish they had some sort of indicator. I only lost 1 small cheap item but still with all the technology in these trucks you'd think they would have something as simple as that.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Or....
1684251343481.png
Jokes aside, I agree it's quite odd there isn't a sensor on the hd's. I assume adding one would involve different bcm with the actual sensor but even then would the evic display the proper indication??

kristof

Reaction score
Is it possible to add a sensor like that to 2020 ram 2500?

CdnHO

Reaction score
I don't think it is possilbe to add a sensor. I check my rear view camera since I canl't see it in the mirror due to the tonneau cover. I agree, a sensor would have been appropriate on a 100K truck.

kristof

Reaction score
I don't think it is possilbe to add a sensor. I check my rear view camera since I canl't see it in the mirror due to the tonneau cover. I agree, a sensor would have been appropriate on a 100K truck.
I use my camera too when I need to but I would like to know as soon as it opens or unlocks. One time I perform a test where I unlocked the gate with remote and with tonneau cover on the gate was closed but it was unlocked. I start driving and at some point it opened.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Would be easy to add a sensor but it wont be OEM

Users who are viewing this thread