Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AutoPark needs to go away!

44Dan44

Reaction score
Anyone have an extender they are happy with that they purchased recently? Both of the previously linked products are dead links.

Razzman

Reaction score
You must have a shortbox? Here the height is not an issue its the length
This one has an attendant at the entrance and they‘ll bring in the next once distance is safe, no worries about length. I really hate using a car wash but my back won’t allow me to hand wash anymore. Oh well such is life.

Michael20

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I just tried again today and same issue. I’m guessing I’ll need to take it in. This also happens when I back up in my driveway and roll just inches into the yard. Really odd. Never have an issue when towing the truck but, it’s in tow/haul mode. As for the truck fitting through the car wash, let’s say they know me well enough because I can’t make the turn. They always hold back cars for me

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here my truck is 1ft to long for almost all of them unfortunately

Seems some are talking about two different issues WRT length.

A drive through wash doesn't care how long you are.

Length matters for a drive-in car wash (with doors).

jsalbre

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I just tried again today and same issue. I’m guessing I’ll need to take it in. This also happens when I back up in my driveway and roll just inches into the yard. Really odd. Never have an issue when towing the truck but, it’s in tow/haul mode. As for the truck fitting through the car wash, let’s say they know me well enough because I can’t make the turn. They always hold back cars for me
Can you clarify what you're saying about tow/haul mode? That has nothing to do with the truck being towed, or with auto park on the transmission.

Actually, can you just walk us through exactly what you're doing and what you're experiencing?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Seems some are talking about two different issues WRT length.

A drive through wash doesn't care how long you are.

Length matters for a drive-in car wash (with doors).
No i am talking automated drive through car washes the overhead rail systems for the sprayer bars are only so long so when the spray bars go around the front and the back of the vehicle length does matter.

Perhaps the American drive through washes are different?
Edit: I guess we use different terminology after seeing other reply's here they are referred to as drive Through where you guys refer to them as drive in.

Here you go in then the machine tells you where to stop then the sprayers go around the whole vehicle while the vehicle stays in place not moving so most have a max length of 20-21 feet where as my truck is 21’9” without the hitch in.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
No i am talking automated drive through car washes the rail systems for the sprayer bars are only so long so when the spray bars go around the front and the back of the vehicle length does matter.

Here you go in then the machine tells you where to stop then the sprayers go around the whole vehicle while the vehicle stays in place not moving so most have a max length of 20-21 feet where as my truck is 21’9” without the hitch in.
Oh, them damn Canadian car washes.
No, that’s not an automatic drive through car wash that’s being discussed. All of the stages of components of the car wash are stationary through the wash building. You drive onto a rail that has rollers that pop up behind your rear wheel, and push your vehicle while it’s in neutral through the building, and your vehicle passes by all of the different stages of sprayers. Then at the end it pushes you off the track while you put the vehicle in drive.

jsalbre

Reaction score
No i am talking automated drive through car washes the rail systems for the sprayer bars are only so long so when the spray bars go around the front and the back of the vehicle length does matter.

Yeah, you're talking about "drive in" car washes (drive in, stop, car gets washed, drive out). They're talking about the kind where you pull in and put the truck in neutral and rollers push the truck through a giant washer that is designed to have several vehicles going through at once, sort of assembly-line fashion.

They're everywhere here, but they all have brushes, so no way in hell I'll ever use one.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
No, that’s not an automatic drive through car wash that’s being discussed. All of the stages of components of the car wash are stationary through the wash building. You drive onto a rail that has rollers that pop up behind your rear wheel, and push your vehicle while it’s in neutral through the building, and your vehicle passes by all of the different stages of sprayers. Then at the end it pushes you off the track while you put the vehicle in drive.
Interesting i have never seen this style it sounds like a better system though

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

My usual (not often) drive through wash has large stuffed animals in the dryer, grandson loves it. Bears, monkeys, elephants...

chas0218

Reaction score
Maybe my 22 is different but by having my door open shifting to D or R then back to P then back to D or R it overrides it. Says on the dash "Auto Park disengaged"

TexasGuy

Reaction score
Auto park is very situational, hey forget to shift to Park from Drive/Reverse good Idea. Pulling up 2 feet to Line up a trailer hitch. Oh it can bite my @ss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread