Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. desertskier

Wildpeak AT4 tires- 2022 Ram 2500

I put about 1K miles on mine since new and like you said if you focus on it you can hear them. So just a little bit louder than the stock tires.
  2. desertskier

Falken Wildpeak a/t3w - good in the rain?

I bought the 4's thinking that they may be phasing out the 3's and if I had to replace a tire in the future I didn't want to mix 3's and 4's.
  3. desertskier

LETS SEE THOSE 35'S ON STOCK WHEELS

Not 35's but close. Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 295/70R18
  4. desertskier

Shocks

I just measured my rear shocks (shocks connected) with the wheels off the ground and the truck supported at the hitch. Center of eyelet to center was about 27". I remeasured the stock shock that I took off and it was 25.75" extended. So it looks like the stock shock would limit the spring...
  5. desertskier

How Hard Does a 6.7L Cummins Need to Be Worked To Avoid Issues?

After re-reading some threads it doesn't sound like there is a definitive answer on whether the gauge/message is functional on trucks built without the sensor. Basically just a lot of opinions and observations. Some say the gauge works and they get a display message when a regen is occurring...
  6. desertskier

I have never seen an indication of a regen, gauge or otherwise. I don't pay that much attention to engine noise or MPG but I have never seen a display message either. I typically don't DD my truck. It sits in the garage and we take it to our lake hangout every other weekend. So about 3hrs...
  7. desertskier

My '22 is missing the sensor and I have never seen the gauge move off zero. I thought I read in one of these threads that without the sensor the gauge is not functional. Is that true?
  8. desertskier

Has anyone leveled a 3500 with the auto level rear air suspension?

I wouldn't order anything until you measure your truck. Thuren told me the factory air trucks vary in rear height from truck to truck. I think that's why it's hard to find parts that say they will work although many of the parts will work. I used the Carly 1" block for the rear per CJC...
  9. desertskier

I didn't touch the sensors. The distance between the leaf spring and the sensor doesn't change. I have never used ALT. Maybe next time I tow my 5th wheel I'll try it. I tow my boat regularly but I don't think the bags fill up much so ALT probably doesn't work.
  10. desertskier

Finally got around to installing some new front springs and rear spacers. I ordered from CJC but they just drop shipped the springs from Thuren. Free Ships in 1-5 Business Days Thuren Fabrication 2013+ 3500 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Soft Ride Leveling Coils × 1 2013+ RAM 3500 DIESEL -...
  11. desertskier

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

I had MD (Although they actually sub it out to a local detailer) coat mine before I picked it up. The paint correction looked perfect and still looks great. Water still beads up after a year in the AZ sun. When I wash the truck I dry it with my leaf blower. Water streams off. Great deal for...
  12. desertskier

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

The presets appear to be working. This is the longest they have stayed programmed since I've owned the truck. Either the OTA 160 update helped or the dealer did something. I expect it was the 160 update.
  13. desertskier

Agreed. Tech either lied or was an idiot. Hopefully he didn't screw up what was already loaded. Prior to the OTA 160 update the presets would clear multiple times a day. Will report back after driving it this weekend.
  14. desertskier

Just got mine back from the dealer (8.4 non/nav). "Uploaded radio update to USB flash drive. Installed in vehicle and performed radio update. Updated from R141.01.12 to R145.00.15. using WITECH, cleared DTC's, tested OK at this time". Something doesn't add up. It did an OTA update to...
  15. desertskier

I was thinking the same thing. Mine did the same update yesterday. I already had a service appointment on Wed for the preset issue so I'm still going to take it in and hear what the dealer has to say and also start the documentation process in case they didn't fix it.
  16. desertskier

Lets see what you are towing!

Apache Trail, AZ
  17. desertskier

5th wheel hitch slider or no slider?

The rear of the pinbox is pretty far back already. Any farther and it would be too close to the tailgate. The SuperLite 2600 is adjustable and I have it set all the way back. The scenario you described may require a longbed regardless of the type of hitch. When I decided to get a SB I...
  18. desertskier

5th wheel hitch slider or no slider?

I have a SuperLite 1P 2600 non-slider in my SB. Pulling a Grand Design Momentum Toy Hauler. No problem with turns. Doesn't even come close to the cab.
  19. desertskier

Shocks

I recently installed 5100's on mine. The measurements for the stock shocks look about the same as your DRW. Rear ride height (wheel well to center of hub): Driver = 25.25 Pass = 25.5 Stock shock installed (center to center of eyelets): 22.75 Stock shock extended (center to center of eyelets)...
  20. desertskier

Shocks

Finally got my backordered rear shocks. I made some measurements ( in inches) for anyone who is interested. Rear ride height (wheel well to center of hub): Driver = 25.25 Pass = 25.5 Stock shock installed (center to center of eyelets): 22.75 Stock shock extended (center to center of...