Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocks

flan

Reaction score
Post #222 + #224 speak of this.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Post #222 + #224 speak of this.

Huh... well, being a diesel thread I wouldn't have been in it all... but wow.
Nice factory 'option'... lol

desertskier

Reaction score
I recently installed 5100's on the front but the rears are on backorder so still waiting. Maybe a mistake but they seem to work well. Much better than the stock shocks. With stock suspension they probably aren't operating in the sweet spot but still have plenty of travel.

Front PN#: BIL-24-251747
Rear PN#: BIL-24-302326
Finally got my backordered rear shocks. I made some measurements ( in inches) for anyone who is interested.

Rear ride height (wheel well to center of hub): Driver = 25.25 Pass = 25.5
Stock shock installed (center to center of eyelets): 22.75
Stock shock extended (center to center of eyelets): 25.5 Compressed: 19.5
Bilstein shock extended : 29.5 Compressed: 19.0

ClawSS

Reaction score
The left rear pin is the hardest for me to get to with the tank on the inside and the liner in the way on the outside. I remove all of the small screws and rotate the liner to get at the nut.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The left rear pin is the hardest for me to get to with the tank on the inside and the liner in the way on the outside. I remove all of the small screws and rotate the liner to get at the nut.
I hate the pin style why they switched to that style is questionable they always had cross bolt which is much better to change out

ClawSS

Reaction score
I'm seeing the threads already rusting on the pin...I need to so something, but fear I will not and just use a lot of penetrating oil on the next touch.

Users who are viewing this thread