Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. mbarber84

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

2019+ LIFTER FAILURE: I’ve had quite a lot of requests to document these. If you have had a lifter failure, I’d like to record your trucks information. The goal here is to see how many of these failures have occurred, as well as document basic data surrounding the failure. You can open the form...
  2. mbarber84

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

Trying to collect some data on the regeneration frequency issues. Based on all my research it sounds like the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) may be at the heart of many of these problems. There are, as far as I know, two different MAF sensors currently in circulation for these trucks. These can be...
  3. mbarber84

2022 Coolant leaks

Walked out to my truck tonight to grab something and noticed, yet again, some coolant drops on the pavement underneath. Different spot than the previous leak (coolant plug on back of head). Traced this one to the block heater. If you have a 2022, look your truck over for leaks thoroughly. This...
  4. mbarber84

Frame-Mounted Water Separator

Spent my Saturday doing a full maintenance on my 2022 HO. I ordered all of my filters through my local International Trucks Sales & Service center. They are able to order Fleetguard filters and had half of what I needed in stock. The other two filters arrived two days after ordering. I was...
  5. mbarber84

Customer Satisfaction Notice 71A: Aisin K1 Snap Ring

Ram has recently upgraded their response to the Aisin K1 snap ring failures issue. The new response is in the form of a “customer satisfaction notice” labeled CSN 71A. They have identified approximately 5,440 trucks that were manufactured with the defective K1 snap ring in the transmission. 1...
  6. mbarber84

2019+ Frequent Regeneration Issue Tracking Sheet

Owners with Regeneration Frequency Issues: I’m going to start compiling data on the trucks experiencing regeneration frequency problems. If your 2019+ Cummins powered Ram HD is regenerating more frequently than you believe it should, or has demonstrated trouble code P2459, I’d like to get data...
  7. mbarber84

Y43 Recall PM Sensor for 22 Pickups

Looks like Ram is starting to issue the recall info for the 2022 pickups missing the particulate matter sensor. I noticed this morning I had an “emission recall” in my online Ram account. That wasn’t there previously. It’s not showing up on the ram app yet. Pickups have been waiting to get this...
  8. mbarber84

2022 3500 DRW Center Caps making noise

Anyone else with a 2022 (or 2019+) 3500 DRW experience an issue where the front center caps make a constant “clicking” sound while moving? I’ve been back to the dealer and they replaced them under warranty but, as you’ll see in the video, the new ones continue to make the noise. Hard to believe...
  9. mbarber84

2022 Valve Cover Gasket Leak

2022 3500 HO During my most recent oil and filter change, I noticed a small amount of what appeared to be dried coolant on the bottom of the bell housing. Upon further investigation I found the coolant to be coming from a plug on the back of the cylinder head. While tracking that leak, I also...
  10. mbarber84

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

Wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue. I’m being given conflicting information regarding the engine air filters for these trucks. My dealer parts counter, as well as the service techs are telling me that engine air filter # 68517554AA is the correct engine filter for my 2022...
  11. mbarber84

Manual Regeneration for Pickups POLL

Let`s face it. For those of us who drive a Cummins powered Ram as a daily driver, active regeneration cycles are just part of the day to day experience of ownership. If you're like me, you use your truck for both daily commutes as well as occasional or intermittent towing / hauling. This type of...
  12. mbarber84

Significant Change in the Frequency of Active Regens

I tried to search prior to posting, but "frequency" of regen is bringing up more content related to DTC's. This did not match my scenario so here we are: My Truck: 2022 3500 HO CCLB DRW 3.73 Current Odometer: 23,950 miles Background Information: I just completed my second fluid and filter...
  13. mbarber84

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

The tracking sheet is up and running. Please share. If you are on the list, please make sure your data is correct. If not, I can update. Also, if someone is not on there and would like to contribute I can add. Public has viewing and commenting rights only. Thanks! Link to the sheet...
  14. mbarber84

2022 Premature Aisin Failures

Seeing a lot of recent premature failures on the Aisin transmissions in 2022 trucks. Seems to be centered around trucks built around half way through the production run. All of the ones I’ve seen have lost all forward and retained reverse. Trying to get a grasp on what’s going on with these as I...
  15. mbarber84

2022 DRW rim corrosion

Ordered July 21, Delivered November 21 Less than 18k on the odometer. Wheels and tires have never been removed from the truck. Both outer aluminum rims on the duals are already showing signs of significant corrosion under the clear coat in the area where the valve stem comes through. Anyone...
  16. mbarber84

Tow Mode Camera Connection Corrosion

Those of you with the digital rearview mirror, make sure you check the tow-mode camera connector on the rear bumper (to the left of the license plate bracket). Just happened to open mine today and it’s already showing heavy corrosion, especially coming out of winter here in Southwest PA. This...
  17. mbarber84

Cummins / Ram Parts Exclusivity

Tried searching but can’t find what I’m looking for: Can someone in-the-know give me some insight as to when Cummins and Ram signed or agreed to a parts exclusivity deal? Seems like I was able to buy certain engine parts from my local Cummins service center for the 4th gen and back trucks, but...
  18. mbarber84

22 DRW tire wear / alignment

Good morning everyone. Did some searching but not finding specifics so…I Noticed last week the front tires on my 2022 3500 DRW are beginning to feather ? / cup ? on the outside edges on both driver and passenger side. I’m running 80psi cold on factory Nexen’s. Currently 6,500 miles on the...
  19. mbarber84

Tapatalk issues

Anyone else experiencing issues with Tapatalk sending repeated notifications for unread posts that you already read? I’m getting ones for posts from a week ago or more. Tried updating the app but that didn’t help. I mark them as read and then a little later I get them again. Not sure where this...
  20. mbarber84

Reductant No Flow Detected 22 3500

Good morning everyone. I’ve been having a reoccurring/ intermittent issue with my new 2022 3500 HO. At around 3,500 miles my CEL illuminated while under normal driving conditions. The truck was running fine with no sign of an issue. I immediately took the truck to my dealer since I was in the...