Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customer Satisfaction Notice 71A: Aisin K1 Snap Ring

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Ram has recently upgraded their response to the Aisin K1 snap ring failures issue. The new response is in the form of a “customer satisfaction notice” labeled CSN 71A. They have identified approximately 5,440 trucks that were manufactured with the defective K1 snap ring in the transmission.

1. If your truck is a 2022 model year 3500 pickup, or 3500 / 4500 / 5500 equipped with either the AS69RC or AS66RC transmission, check your Ram app / Mopar recall website to see if your truck has been identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A.

2. I would expect the paper notices to be mailed out at some point in the near future.

3. If your truck is identified, and is currently operating fine, Ram will replace only the snap ring under this campaign. Your dealer can also check to see if your truck has been identified
IMG_3646.jpegIMG_3694.jpeg

Reactions: CFE

Firewall

Reaction score
I'm thinking your work on this had a lot to do with this resolution. Nice job Matt! My 22 is in the clear!

Cseybert

Reaction score
Ram has recently upgraded their response to the Aisin K1 snap ring failures issue. The new response is in the form of a “customer satisfaction notice” labeled CSN 71A. They have identified approximately 5,440 trucks that were manufactured with the defective K1 snap ring in the transmission.

1. If your truck is a 2022 model year 3500 pickup, or 3500 / 4500 / 5500 equipped with either the AS69RC or AS66RC transmission, check your Ram app / Mopar recall website to see if your truck has been identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A.

2. I would expect the paper notices to be mailed out at some point in the near future.

3. If your truck is identified, and is currently operating fine, Ram will replace only the snap ring under this campaign. Your dealer can also check to see if your truck has been identified
View attachment 62606View attachment 62607
So they have it as a customer satisfaction notice not an emissions recall not a safety recall interesting.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So they have it as a customer satisfaction notice not an emissions recall not a safety recall interesting.
Yeah looks like they’re doing it internally. Safety recalls usually come from the outside like NHTSA. Either way it’s a good thing. They’re being proactive about it and actually identifying trucks known to be at risk. That’s a massive step forward from previously where it was all reactive repair.

Reactions: CFE

Cseybert

Reaction score
Yeah looks like they’re doing it internally. Safety recalls usually come from the outside like NHTSA. Either way it’s a good thing. They’re being proactive about it and actually identifying trucks known to be at risk. That’s a massive step forward from previously where it was all reactive repair.
Well, hopefully my truck doesn’t make the list built in early March 2022. Ordered January 22, picked up April 22.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully my truck doesn’t make the list built in early March 2022. Ordered January 22, picked up April 22.

Have you checked the Ram recall website?

BCCA

Reaction score
Mine does not have this CSN listed but appears to have failed. Wonder is it's outside of the serial range or if dealer repaired it before I purchased.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine does not have this CSN listed but appears to have failed. Wonder is it's outside of the serial range or if dealer repaired it before I purchased.
You should be able to see if you have the ram app or log in to the Mopar owner site. Either should show in your VIN is identified as affected under the CSN 71A. Alternatively you can have a dealer service center look up your VIN in their global recall system and see if it’s identified under 71A there. They did send out mailers. Supposedly 5,440 or so trucks affected by this, but it looks like, based on my research and data, they are either releasing notices in small groups, or they “missed” a bunch of trucks outside of their data range? Not sure. But in any event, there are multiple trucks on my spreadsheet at this point that have indeed suffered a K1 failure but have not been identified under 71A

neutroniens

Reaction score
My truck shows up under 71A but I have already had my transmission replaced with a new 2023 transmission after the snap ring fix didn't work. Hopefully Rams records are just not up to date.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
My truck shows up under 71A but I have already had my transmission replaced with a new 2023 transmission after the snap ring fix didn't work. Hopefully Rams records are just not up to date.
Might just be due to your VIN being on their identified list. Your dealer would be able to confirm that the CSN is confirmed completed in their database

BCCA

Reaction score
You should be able to see if you have the ram app or log in to the Mopar owner site. Either should show in your VIN is identified as affected under the CSN 71A. Alternatively you can have a dealer service center look up your VIN in their global recall system and see if it’s identified under 71A there. They did send out mailers. Supposedly 5,440 or so trucks affected by this, but it looks like, based on my research and data, they are either releasing notices in small groups, or they “missed” a bunch of trucks outside of their data range? Not sure. But in any event, there are multiple trucks on my spreadsheet at this point that have indeed suffered a K1 failure but have not been identified under 71A

Dealer confirmed that my truck suffered K1 failure and that this CSN as well as the TSB for K1 clutch were not tied to my serial number anywhere in Ram. Mine must of just been missed or not included yet. My build date was December but the transmission was September build so would not have been in the good batch of transmissions from late December.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Dealer confirmed that my truck suffered K1 failure and that this CSN as well as the TSB for K1 clutch were not tied to my serial number anywhere in Ram. Mine must of just been missed or not included yet. My build date was December but the transmission was September build so would not have been in the good batch of transmissions from late December.
I appreciate the updates. I have you on the spreadsheet. Keep me updated as you go through this. Hopefully it’ll show up sooner than the 29th

Users who are viewing this thread