Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y43 Recall PM Sensor for 22 Pickups

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Ram is starting to issue the recall info for the 2022 pickups missing the particulate matter sensor. I noticed this morning I had an “emission recall” in my online Ram account. That wasn’t there previously. It’s not showing up on the ram app yet. Pickups have been waiting to get this recall for a year or more now. Cab and chassis got theirs starting in December of 2022
IMG_3164.jpeg

tchur1

Reaction score
This is now showing in my Ram App as well

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. I have an appt scheduled for the 18th.

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
‘Bout time. How many have been installed in trucks going down the assembly line?

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Its been talked about before, but what’s the emission sensor for? My truck is running great, but I know I will need to get it taken care of.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Its been talked about before, but what’s the emission sensor for? My truck is running great, but I know I will need to get it taken care of.
You know our trucks are not going to perform as well after the recall, that's how it usually works, especially in The People's Republic of Kalifornia. But the DMV won't renew us if we don't. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You know our trucks are not going to perform as well after the recall, that's how it usually works, especially in The People's Republic of Kalifornia. But the DMV won't renew us if we don't. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

I’m not convinced you will even notice. The PM sensor was used in 19-21 and now in 23. There are seemingly more reports of excess regens on 22’s, so it’s plausible that this will help that… but I suspect there won’t be much change since it’s not new software or a new sensor.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I’m not convinced you will even notice. The PM sensor was used in 19-21 and now in 23. There are seemingly more reports of excess regens on 22’s, so it’s plausible that this will help that… but I suspect there won’t be much change since it’s not new software or a new sensor.
I am ever the skeptic, especially after what was done to our 2016 Grand Cherokee when they retooled the emissions. We were getting over 40 mpg and amazing performance out of that little diesel engine before they f**ked with it. The collective 'They' are not known for improving anything.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I am ever the skeptic, especially after what was done to our 2016 Grand Cherokee when they retooled the emissions. We were getting over 40 mpg and amazing performance out of that little diesel engine before they f**ked with it. The collective 'They' are not known for improving anything.

Generally I agree, but this isn’t a big change since only 22’s are missing it and the 22’s seem to operate pretty similar to the trucks with it.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The sensors sole purpose is to monitor the emissions coming out of the DPF. It collects and counts soot particles in the exhaust stream. If it counts more soot than a given threshold, it’ll trigger a DTC that indicates the DPF has been compromised (usually cracked internally and allowing too much soot out to atmosphere). Theoretically you shouldn’t even know the sensor is there once it’s installed, provided your DPF is doing what it was intended to do. Contrary to rumors, it will not have any effect on DEF consumption or the frequency of regeneration of the DPF.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Mine is finally showing as well. Been waiting for this one before I start seriously looking at doing real emissions-on tuning so I can ditch the EZX since this recall does require a PCM reflash. Didn't want to risk re-locking a swapped PCM if I end up going that route as I'd be real pissed lol.

baker01

Reaction score
Had mine installed yesterday. The service manager told me dealers are only allowed one part every 17 days. If you are in California you will not be able to register your truck with an incomplete emissions recall.

tchur1

Reaction score
I had my grid heater relay replaced today and attempted to have this taken care of as well but my dealer is not stocking these parts. He ordered for me but said it would be a few weeks. Service manager mentioned that they have not seen any of the PM sensors show up yet.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 21 and I have the recall as well.

Is the sensor missing on your truck? I saw 21’s on the recall, but was under the impression only MY 22’s didn’t have the sensor.

unclelala

Reaction score
Is the sensor missing on your truck? I saw 21’s on the recall, but was under the impression only MY 22’s didn’t have the sensor.
I don't know. I guess I'll have to let the dealer tell me. Is it an easy find for a not so handy mechanic type?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know. I guess I'll have to let the dealer tell me. Is it an easy find for a not so handy mechanic type?

Very easy to find, or not find.

Users who are viewing this thread