Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins / Ram Parts Exclusivity

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried searching but can’t find what I’m looking for:

Can someone in-the-know give me some insight as to when Cummins and Ram signed or agreed to a parts exclusivity deal? Seems like I was able to buy certain engine parts from my local Cummins service center for the 4th gen and back trucks, but recently with the 2019+ trucks, they won’t sell any parts for a CPL # that leads to a Ram truck. It’s getting pretty ridiculous having to buy mopar parts with a massive markup. I called yesterday just to “check” on the cost of one injector for my 2022, (I saw a Facebook post that made me question this) and the parts guy at local Mopar counter quoted me $2,250 for one injector and almost $600 for a valve cover gasket. I used to work for a local diesel shop on the side and we were able to buy Cummins engine parts significantly less than what the Mopar counter wanted for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread