Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

OK, so I've been playing around with this a little and I have to say I think you nailed it! - Harder acceleration for shorter period of time, so far has resulted in .5mpg increase. Certainly not gonna retire early on the savings, but it does prove that you're correct. No other change in...
  2. J

yes, of course the 14:7 fuel : air ratio has to be maintained. I'm just thinking that the energy required to propel a vehicle at a given speed is just that, the required energy . When an excess of energy is created, the truck goes faster and so on. When the power created by 4 cylinders are...
  3. J

21 PW EGR Delete??

Thanks for input everyone. Here's the plan. Driving habits: On the hwy, I can take it down a notch on speed. Keep rpm at or below 2000. In city, I already baby it. not a lot can change there. But I'll keep watch for opportunities. Idle time is definitely an issue right now with cold Temps...
  4. J

21 PW EGR Delete??

With fuel prices headed toward arm & leg + first born, I was thinking about how to improve the milage. What can I pull off this thing without causing to many issues? Warranty, rough idle, droning. Etc. -EGR? Looks to be an easy delete, outside of tuning. ( I've read that it doesn't make a...
  5. J

you are correct. My bad on that one
  6. J

With 35's 7 mpg in the city and 11 hwy With stock tires 9 in the city 15 on the hwy ( 18 after increasing to 80-85 ) Note: If you're thinking im blasting around town shifting at 4000+ RPM and dropping to 2nd & 3rd to pass, drifting every intersection, and just beating on this thing and having...
  7. J

2020 Power Wagon Squealing/ Chirping on startup?

This is exactly what mine sounds like! I was a little worried at first, even changed the oil at 1100 miles because of this. Was only noticeable during cold start, then also at full temp but intermittent. Now, It seems consistent at idle, for both cold and hot. Currently have 5600 miles...
  8. J

2021 Fuel Economy, am I lower than expected?

WOW! Great that you got out of that one, and good to know that the engineering for these trucks actually works. That had to hurt tho. For the fuel millage, i'm on par with you. No engine noise yet, but i did the first oil change at 1100 miles and now at 5000. hoping that helps prevent any...
  9. J

100% on that one. I did not realize the penalty would be this high. I knew the 35's were around 22lbs heavier, I really thought it wouldn't be noticeable. I never consider rotating mass at all. If this is the price to pay for tires than, it is what it is. I'll take it. I'll switch to 89 for...
  10. J

Options you are glad you have vs ones you could have skipped on

SKIP ON the FOLLOWING Adaptive cruise control : never use it. not likely i ever will. I simply dont get that close to a vehicle to ever need it. Lane Assist: there are more times where it causes trouble than where is actually helped ( which was nowhere). Also, it really starts to fight with...
  11. J

Steering on the 2021 2500

I just bought a 21 PW, ( 4000 miles so far) and i have to say, I was shocked as to how numb the steering is given that it has the old steering system ( big boy gear box lol). The reason I stepped up to 2500 was because they changed the 1500's to electric assisted. I'm just gonna say it...
  12. J

Well, I hit 7.5 MPG. - Running 87 octane - 35 Toyo's - city driving ( small city - 6-8 traffic light on commute to work, approx. 12-15 miles) - truck only - not towing - empty box
  13. J

Bought the truck and immediately drove it 1200 miles ( with MSD off, going for a proper break in here...I want oil to get in my new lifters for the first 1000 at least ) averaged 14. Around the city, getting 11 on stock tires. Put 35s on and it dropped to 8 in the city. ( haven't done a road...
  14. J

Meet The Entire Off-Road-Oriented 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon Lineup!

What a piss off ! I though I was getting a special edition...now their all the same. When I head about the level 3, it was supposed to be just the grill (not blacked out ram badge) and center console. still pissed but at least you can tell its a 75th with the headlights. Now its everything...
  15. J

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Thanks for pointing that out! Name isn't there but VON is on the window sticker
  16. J

Wow, a lot of assumptions there dude. No, the buyer of my truck was well aware of the engine issue. He bought it knowing it needed a replacement. And the price reflected it
  17. J

Well here's a twist for everyone. My truck shows up on the lot today and we start to finalize the details. I was going to trade my current vehicle until it developed engine knock and warranty denied it ( did my own oil changes) so I sold it privetly to minimize the financial impact to myself...
  18. J

Mine made it to the rail yard in edmonton. Dealer is thinking some time next week before they see it.
  19. J

Power Wagon Shipping Delays

Ah that makes sense. thanks for info!
  20. J

Power Wagon Shipping Delays

Did this work? I did the samething, I thought maybe the truck is inside a container? Can't get single. Or the battery is disconnected. Been checking it 3-4 times a day. Truck is scheduled to arrive anywhere between Sept 1 - 10.